This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20273 June 10th, 2004 at 12:17 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
Alright...the Arrowhead purchased around Xmas and I are beginning to have another lack of communication. When purchased, it was REALLY potbound and the roots were showing above the soil. So, me being the beginner I am, repotted as soon as I got home. Looks like it did well for a while then leaves began turning brown. I cut off the brown (tips sometimes entire stem)until it was almost bare. Just when I was going to get rid of it about a month or so ago, I noticed new leaves beginning to grow and becoming rather bushy. Was looking good laugh . Seems some of the old was making way for the new so I assumed that's why they were turning brown, because the new one was old enough to care for itself confused But now, it's starting all over again. Co-worker told me when she puts hers outside it really grow! But she seems to have a "GreenThumb" anyway. Any suggestions? It gets medium\bright filterd light. I rarely sit it outside and use water that has set out for 24-hours on all my plants. shk

#20274 June 13th, 2004 at 08:00 AM
My girlfriend has two arrowheads that she put on her patio. They receive nearly full sun all day long. Meaning they are slightly shaded by other plants and the other plants get full sun all day. It's been pretty warm here and they have bounced back from the neglect of a previous owner nicely.

#20275 June 14th, 2004 at 12:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
plants don't like change. Your arrowhead may have reacted first to the repotting and then to the change in light.

Find a bright sunny window indoors or a lightly shaded spot outside and keep it there. The new leaves will adapt to that light level, but not to both.

Link Copied to Clipboard