This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#19855 August 8th, 2004 at 03:31 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
One of the leaves browned at the tip and I pinched it off. The "medicine" caused it to stick back together will it grow again from that tip? Also, one seems to be rotting from the base (I think I've been watering too much) If I break if off and put it soil will it root? eek I haven't had it but a few months, it's in about a 4 inch pot with about 16 leaves. I keep it indoors where it receives good bright filtered light. cool

#19856 August 9th, 2004 at 02:39 AM
L
L
Usually leaves that have lost their tips will remain "tipless". I found some brown tips on my aloe vera too, I pinched them off, and the leaves don't look too bad. If a majority of leaves have brown tips, it may be a disease, but otherwise leaves tend to get brown with age.

I'm not sure about rooting aloes from leaves Duh . I've heard about propagating them using offsets and seeds, so my guess is "no".

Actually, Aloes can be put in full sun, or at least the brightest place possible. Give a soaking with water when the soil becomes dry. Don't let it become waterlogged unless you want more rot. Water less in winter than in summer. Give monthly fertilizer during spring and summer for best growth.

Well, good luck! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard