This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18911 July 26th, 2004 at 09:30 PM
OP Offline
I have never had a fall/winter garden before and was hoping to start one this season. I haven't received any seed catalogs yet and was wondering what kind of veggies can I grow. I believe my zone is 9. I'd appreciate some suggestions. idea

#18912 July 28th, 2004 at 04:27 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
JustAGirl,
Hello and Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!
We are very glad you found us here!!!

I just answered another gardener about the same type of question... Fall Crops to Grow

I just started some lettuce here, now mine is in the shade here..but I will get another crop of it.
And I am still planting things yet...
Even though my season ends sometime in Sept. here in my zone 5, but I know I will get at least one grouping of product from the plant before that time. thumbup

What do you like to grow/eat??? crit

If you are in zone 9, I would think you'd be able to grow several of your choices...The season is alot longer for you than it is for me here!!!

We have several gardener's also from Calif..
who maybe able to help you a little better than myself, but I would say give it a try???

Weezie

Link Copied to Clipboard