This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18664 September 5th, 2004 at 12:21 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I bought a cute little red rose bush from walmart about a month ago. It looked very healthy when I got it. I potted it in a pot and left it in the house. I have a big plant room, all my other plants thrive in there so I assumed the condition for roses would be the same.

Anyway, they have all turned brown and there's basically nothing left to it.

Is there anything I can still do, or is this poor little sucker dead? HELP!

#18665 September 6th, 2004 at 01:03 AM
L
L
Are the stems still green and have some dormant "buds" on it? If so, then your rose is all right. My indoor rose dropped all its leaves in autumn. I stared at a bunch of green stems for a couple of months. Then in spring, it put out new leaves from the dormant buds and soon filled out into a beautiful, healthy plant. It's part of the growth cycle... wink

If it has no leaves and the stems are brown, then it's probably dead. You should consider the following:

overwatering, underwatering, diseases, wrong amount of light,etc. Many causes lead to plant deaths.

#18666 September 6th, 2004 at 02:13 PM
M
OP Offline
M
thank you so much!

The stem is still green so it must just be dormant. I'm so glad you told me, or I would have thrown it out! shocked

#18667 September 6th, 2004 at 06:31 PM
K
K
I have a veteran's honor rose bush outside, and this year has not been the best year for it. It has only bloomed once so far and it's now September. I noticed rescently that it has black spots on the leaves and they eventually turn yellow and then die. What is this? Can I save my rose bush?

Link Copied to Clipboard