This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17680 January 6th, 2004 at 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the second winter in a row, we have little or no snow on the ground, and below zero temps. I cover all my perennials every winter, but it's windy here(really windy) and what doesn't blow away my dog, Tank, makes into nests! any good ideas for protection, I've tried small fences around them,but tank stands about 3 foot at the shoulders! I have lost some of my favorite flowers and herbs to the freeze [Linked Image]

#17681 January 6th, 2004 at 08:14 PM
I'd say sprinkle hay on them but he'd curl up with glee then you could do fenceing but peg it down where it is curved and can use hay under it and cover it with plastic maybe the curve would keep his intrest at bay.mine think plants are spots to do their business.course if ground is frozen might be hard getting peg in

#17682 January 7th, 2004 at 04:30 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
What the heck kind a dog you got there Phil?
A shetland pony? 3ft high? My kids that tall.
What is it a Mastiff??? My brother has those,
and so does/did (?) Bill here..........

Any chance of a bright colored orange snow fence??

Weezie

#17683 January 7th, 2004 at 08:35 PM
F
F
I collect 5 gallon buckets all year long and use them over some of my less hardy perennials in winter. turn the bucket over the plant and i use long nails to nail kit in the bucket rim , pound them right into the ground laugh

#17684 January 8th, 2004 at 06:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weezie I have no idea what kinda mutt Tank is! He came from a dog my "friend" came here with one day and when he went to leave the dog ran, he then told me that he had gotten the dog 2 hours before! the next day, guess what, the dog in question was....well, ready for male companionship!she was a black chow/lab mix,since she couldn't be caught, several visitors came calling and the result was 5 pups, one cat grey with long hair, two black,one with short hair one long haired.one white long hair and one BIG red, short haired pup with a big fat head,TANK Duh

Link Copied to Clipboard