This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17345 May 13th, 2004 at 12:43 PM
Ronni Offline OP
OP Offline
Someone gave me an Asparagus fern as a housewarming gift. That's what they said it was anyway, I don't know anything about ferns so don't personally have a clue. It's very full, but doesn't have leaves, per se. Rather it has little.........er.........spikes, I guess, all over each arm or branch or frond or whatever. Does that sound like an Asparagus fern?

Assuming it is one, how do I care for it? I currently have it inside, and it looks wonderful. I'd like to keep it inside, but I don't know anything about its light requirements, if it CAN be used as a houseplant etc.

I've searched the site, but can't find any information.

Ronni

#17346 May 13th, 2004 at 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep that sure sounds like an asparagus fern. I have one I keep inside my house and its doing just fine. Its in a bright room,but doesnt get any direct light. They are really nice bushy plants and add alot to a room.
Congratulations on your new home thumbup

Karen grinnnn

#17347 May 14th, 2004 at 02:50 AM
Ronni Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Karen,

I'm glad to know yours is doing ok inside, I really want to keep mine inside because it looks just lovely where it is. Like yours, it doesn't get direct sunlight, but is in my living room which has lots of light.

If I want to move it outside at any point during the summer, should I keep it in the shade?

Ronni

#17348 May 14th, 2004 at 01:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shade outside would probably be a good idea,cause I dont think they can take the heat of direct sunlight.

Karen grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard