This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KKMedic Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Everyone,
I am thrilled to have found this forum. I am a homeschooling mom of 4 human babies and quite a few furbabies (7 to be exact.) I am a master gardener wanna-be... but actually a novice who just likes to play. Digging in the dirt, planting my flowers is my stressrelief... I dont smoke, drink, or exercise for that matter... I depend on "playing" in the yard for relaxing and letting off some steam.
We will be moving in 4-5 weeks if all goes well... and I am just sick to leave my yard with all of my plants I have planted over the years.
I appreciate the opportunity to ask questions for those issues that may be common sense, but I don't know the answers to.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I do believe you'll fit in here quite nicely..
There's a very nice group of gardener's here...
We like to call it a Cyber Community Family here..
Lot's of animal lovers, wee~one owners, and and dirt diggers here..
Grab a chair, and jump right on in...
There's lot's to do, to keep you busy *if you weren't busy enough* wink wink thru all the season's here, recipes, crafts, hobbies, all sorts of gardening sections and banter hall for chatting...and even a couple of Bible Study posts we started here...

Very Glad you found us!!!

JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
wavey welcome KKMedic glad to have you. Why can't you take you garden things with you? Outside of big trees of course. I am also a animal lover don't have many right now. Got photo's of most in Critter Corner also you can view all of them on my photobucket link under my sig.
Very glad your here can't be too many animal and garden lovers for us.
Jimmy

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Dig all those plants up and load 'em on the truck! thumbup

I have moved about once a year for the past 10 years, and take my plants with me! So many of them have a lot of sentimental value and couldn't be replaced.

Welcome to the forum!

Cindy

wavey Hi there....

Welcome to the Forum thumbup
Enjoy and Happy Gardening muggs Penny

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Yep, I dig 'em all up too...

I did that to one place I lived..
Even took allllllllll the compost I was making too, in garbage bags.. wasn't going to leave that stuff...

What plants do you have????????

Hi there KK and welcome to the Forum. I have to agree with the others and say take em with ya! All that hard work should go with you to decorate the new home!

KKMedic Offline OP
OP Offline
I have primarily bulbs(I am lazy and love how easy they are shocked ) I have daylilies (several types), hybrid lilies, Easter Lilies (am I starting a theme here?), cannas, grape hyacinth, hyacinth, tons of different daffodils and narcissis (I love the ones my Nanny calls Scrambled Eggs), iris, spider lilies, paperwhites, gorgeous double blooming rose of sharons, rosa banks, holly, a bradford pear that has been self grafted by a washington hawthorn I thought I accidentally killed, calla lilies, angels trumpet, hydrangeas, jasmine, chinese daffodils, crepe myrtles, verbenum plants and bush, lots of English Ivy, gladiolas, creeping myrtle, phlox, clematis, mexican heather, roses, spirea, forsythia, moon flowers (form of angels trumpet), plum trees, plus lots of other stuff that I have just drawn a blank trying to think of names and plants that I have planted and waiting to see if they come up again (I plant anything and everything that I can find...) Mind you, we have 1 1/2 acres that was nothing but flat grassy land when we moved here... no trees, no flowers, nothing.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
What is the milage distance between the two places???

KKMedic Offline OP
OP Offline
It is about 75 miles... so I can theoretically dig up alot of them and put them in the back of dh's truck and drive them over... just trying to keep up with the little ones while I am doing it. Trying to keep up with a 4y/o, 2y/o and newborn while digging is quite interesting. Maybe I can send the bigger 2 to play with their granny.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I hear you on that..
That issssssss alot of work....
(mine aren't quite spaced like that, but they
are alot of work..and a mother next door to fill any extra spare time..)

Do you have a local Church you attend or in your area?????
Maybe an idea here..
They could come help..and for their help,
you'd give them, half of what they dig..
They take home some, have some for the church, and you take some home to your new home, and then when you get to where you are, you don't have that many to plant and would be easier on you..

And if they were going to be torn up anyways,
it's an all~around win~win if you did it that way..

Just an idea Duh flw flw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

Nice to meet you wavey

Your yard sounds beautiful! Hopefully you get the time to dig up a bunch to take with you thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

Hi KK, wavey

Welcome to the Forum. I'm a newbie too, and I've discovered this is such an exciting place to be. There is a lot to be learned here and everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Have a BEAUTIFUL day! kit

Link Copied to Clipboard