This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16676 April 23rd, 2004 at 03:08 PM
syl726 Offline OP
OP Offline
For quite sometime now, you have bared with me over how to root cuttings from a Philo and now I've done it laugh Maybe I was paying TOO much attention because I've seen new roots forming on other people cuttings in a week! Yesterday I noticed that one of the smaller cuttings is growing a leaf underwater near the node and it's not even a quarter inch long. Meaning, if I put it in soil the leaf too will be covered because there is hardly any stem below the leaf to stick in the soil without including the leaf. Now what???? sca Also, how long should I let the root get before planting it? I can't think of anything tiny enough to put it in. I've read that putting plants in a container too large isn't good. Any suggestions?

#16677 April 23rd, 2004 at 03:16 PM
I usually wait till a pretty good root system is going & then I plant as usual in whatever medium is best for that particular plant. Some plants root really easily in water, others are better in a soiless medium with rooting hormone. I have found so far the easiest things to root from cuttings for me have been snowball bushes, pussy willows & perillas.

Link Copied to Clipboard