This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#162801 July 18th, 2006 at 02:16 PM
OP Offline
Stopping by here to introduce myself... I am an "advanced beginner" in the gardening world. I have had a veggie garden for three seasons now and learn a little more each year. I have also recently gotten interested in making topiaries using frames. I have a giant Mickey Mouse topiary in my front yard! I plant a few flowers in the beds out front but I don't tend to them as much as I should. As for house plants, um...ya... not so much. Seems like if I bring it in the house I kill it!

You probably noticed my screen name... my husband is in the Army and we are moving again in the fall. We are ready to go but that means I have to start my garden all over again from scratch! I have kind of figured out how to grow things down here in the Lower Alabama, scorching heat, red clay where I have something in the garden about 9 to 10 months a year! Now I gotta figure out how to grow things in Virginia! Oh well... always something new to learn I guess!

I look forward to chatting here with y'all. (See... I am saying "y'all"... it is time to move!) laugh

#162802 July 18th, 2006 at 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ArmyWifeGardener:
I have had a veggie garden for three seasons now and learn a little more each year. I have also recently gotten interested in making topiaries using frames. I have a giant Mickey Mouse topiary in my front yard!

You probably noticed my screen name... my husband is in the Army and we are moving again in the fall. I have kind of figured out how to grow things down here in the Lower Alabama, scorching heat, red clay where I have something in the garden about 9 to 10 months a year! Now I gotta figure out how to grow things in Virginia! Oh well... always something new to learn I guess!

I look forward to chatting here with y'all. (See... I am saying "y'all"... it is time to move!) laugh
Hello wavey Glad to have you with us and hope you take us with you when you move! I'd love to see a picture of the MM topairy , you can post a pic in garden chat!!
Well look at it this way> Moving and relearning soils will truely make you an excellent gardner!

I learn more and more here everyday.. Especially how many people say Ya'll laugh laugh laugh

#162803 July 18th, 2006 at 03:29 PM
Hi from one military wife to another, I'm trying to learn to grow things in hotter weather, I forgot how hot the south can be!!

#162804 July 18th, 2006 at 11:05 PM
Hello wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]

#162805 July 19th, 2006 at 12:06 AM
Hi!

Welcome to the Forum..

Its nice to meet you!

#162806 July 19th, 2006 at 12:47 AM
Hello and welcome wavey

#162807 July 22nd, 2006 at 04:11 PM