This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#162757 January 22nd, 2007 at 04:39 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
She wears the headback every time I let her wear it to school which is about evey 2 weeks... hence she wears it every weekend. I just pulled it out of the dryer last night and it was on her again this morning. She wants to wear it with no pants but it is too short!

Tina, would she wear something like this in black? It is so soft and silky, very girly for sure!

#162758 January 23rd, 2007 at 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Crafty ones,
I can't remember if I got this idea from something new or from the 100 or so vintage copies of WorkBasket that I have (1960-80's).

It's a kitchen towel holder. So the towel can be switched out. The loop inside is an old mason jar seal. What do you think?
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I made the stitches up as I went along. They are a picot (blue) and a bigger modified double crochet picot (white).

I wil give this one to my daughter to see if it is functional. I don't use hanging towels -- Kerry is a freak for them (like her Mom-mom who helped raise her)

I hope everyone is having a great day!

#162759 January 23rd, 2007 at 07:27 PM
Terrific Job Triss and those are cute Jane...what a great idea and i am sure Kerry will love them too!!!!!

#162760 January 23rd, 2007 at 07:42 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Those are great Jane! I love hanging towels as well but the kids only take them down now so I rarely use mine.

#162761 January 23rd, 2007 at 07:49 PM
And did you see the pattern on the towel...how cute is that...and very appropriate too thumbup

#162762 January 23rd, 2007 at 09:14 PM
I love that idea, Jane - you did good!
I never heard of that pattern book - sounds like it was pretty good!

Good eye on catching the towel design, Penny!
How cute is that?!?

#162763 January 26th, 2007 at 06:32 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Started a couple more things as I use up the yarn I have in my stash while waiting to go yarn shopping again.

The yellow will be a crib blanket. It is just over 2 feet wide and will be about 3 feet long.
The blue is the baby yarn I have been having so many problems with. The white threads catch constantly but I think I will stick with this one until it is done.

[Linked Image]

#162764 January 26th, 2007 at 06:36 PM
Very nice blanket Triss - how do you do borders like that?

And I LOVE the color and look of that blue yarn, even though it's a pain for you to use! Is that a scarf, or the beginning of a blanket?

#162765 January 26th, 2007 at 06:49 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I did the width across all in DC for 2 rows and then at the beginning of each row after that I do 4 DC's all together, in the middle of the blanket I am doing a DC, chain, DC, with the DC is the space where the chain is in the previous row. At the end of each row is 5 DC's. Never have done this before but it is cool.

I am doing a little throw with the blue, same design as the yellow only with a thicker border and wider.

#162766 February 10th, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Last weekend I was able to get to WM and get some yarn, yippee!!!!

I made myself finish up the baby blanket I was working on. I did not at all care for working with the yarn but it turned out nice. No one to give it to yet but it is done.
[Linked Image]

Then I finished up Vanessa's 2nd blanket. She should be getting it any day now.
[Linked Image]

And I finished up 2 scarves, for 2 of my nieces who have had birthday's this past month.
[Linked Image]

I still have yarn left and am working on some black scarves and then I will continue work on Dan's blanket.

#162767 February 10th, 2007 at 11:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show off!!! I can see you won't be joining UPA (unfinished projects anonymous)!!!
They are all great! I am working on finishing two things... but I could just start another lala

I have a ton of white yarn with that thread through it like the blue you used. Triss, I probably have enough of it to have made even all your kids Babtismal blankets!!! But, I can't even make myself finish a square in it!

I am going to make myself go to crochetpatterncentral.com and pick an border for this dang blanket!

#162768 February 10th, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
That is one yarn I do not wanna work with anymore Jane. It was not fun at all.

I did join the club though cuz while I may have finished those things, I have loads others left to finish! I have managed to almost clean out my yarn bin though and that feels good!

#162769 February 11th, 2007 at 01:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is nice to use up some old yarn. That way you don't have to feel guilty when you go buy more grinnnn

#162770 February 11th, 2007 at 01:35 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Very true, and it is making a wild looking blanket for sure!

#162771 February 11th, 2007 at 01:10 PM
I actually sold a boxful of yarn on an online yardsale. The girl who bought it crochets alot. She designed a cool daisy square she makes charity afghans for a childrens hospital out of.
http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/

#162772 February 11th, 2007 at 05:19 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
WOW, very cool link Wrennie. She is doing so much work and it looks like most of the putting together on her own for these afghans that she donates. I cannot wait to read more on her site.

#162773 February 11th, 2007 at 06:50 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Wrennie, I just read through that whole blog. She has done some great work. Were the squares she got from Phonecia yours???

#162774 February 20th, 2007 at 02:24 AM
Triss - I've been meaning to tell you how much I like the way Vanessa's blanket came out! That's the ripple stitch, right? Do you use 2 yarns at a time? The instructions I found online said to do that, but I don't think I'm going to try my first with 2. How large is that blanket? And how do you keep track of how many rows you've done for the color changes? Do you know the color changes?

So many questions - sorry! shocked

#162775 February 20th, 2007 at 02:42 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I do not mind the questions. It is twin sized, maybe a bit bigger but I do not know on the rows for the color change. Lemme look at it and see if I can figure it out. I don't keep track of that stuff usually.

#162776 February 20th, 2007 at 02:48 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok it is

9 rows cream
7 green
5 cream
3 gold
5 cream
7 green
5 cream
3 gold
5 cream
7 green

etc until I had a total of 5 gold rows and then at the end I put 9 rows of cream.

Does that help?

Also this was 15 stitched in each part of the ripple. A lot of patterns I have seen use 10 or 12.

#162777 February 20th, 2007 at 03:21 AM
Actually, I wasn't asking so much the actual color changes that you did, just how you kept track of the rows to change, and how do you start, end a new color?

Sorry to have put you through the trouble of counting them all!

#162778 February 20th, 2007 at 03:41 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh gosh it was no trouble at all. For me the rows were pretty easy cuz with the stitch you can tell exactly how many rows there are as it is a taller stitch (DC). I just kinda played with the pattern on excel until I found what I liked and went from there. I like doing odd rows so that I am starting a new color on opposite sides of the blanket each time. All I have to do is make sure I pull the new color through the last part of the last stitch on the last row of the previous color.
Then tie a knot and on the first row back I weave in the last color under the stitching and then pick up the new color under the stitching on the way back. That saves me from sewing the ends all in once the blanket is done.

#162779 February 20th, 2007 at 03:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lynne,

There and back again is two rows grinnnn Beyond that I use small safety pins if I need to mark it. But, for what you are doing - if you are there it's an odd number row and if you are back again it'even :grinn:

I can't wait to hear Triss try to explain changing the colors grinnnn

laugh laugh You're right I had you all wrong -- laugh laugh

#162780 February 20th, 2007 at 03:49 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Me or Lynne??? Duh

#162781 February 20th, 2007 at 04:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Triss,
We were posting at the same time!!!!
Your explanation is great!

I was laughing at Lynne - because she keeps telling me she is not as good at crocheting as I got the idea she is.... and she was right!

Triss... When changing colors you really don't need knots. Just loop it around the hook and use it for that last pull through and and tuck in like you are doing (even though I way prefer tucking things away permanently with a tapestry needle)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard