This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#16184 March 9th, 2004 at 04:08 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
http://www.auburn.edu/~deancar/wfnotes/mayap.htm I now know spring is officially here cause my mayapples are comeing up,which means my iris will bloom soon.I love my mayapples though.they are cute& some bloom some don't,but get bigger every year.And yeah.......thats one of them plants I gotta move(my other gardening hobby....moveing plants)they get too much sun in spring where they are at under mimosa cause its one of the last trees to fill out,so under the oak tree they will go today as they continue to pop up.

#16185 March 9th, 2004 at 07:41 PM
R
R
Those are great!!! I would love some to plant in the woods along our "swale" in the back. Do they stay green all summer or die back? Can the start from seed or do you need the rizhome? grinnnn Tell me all you can!!!! I love spring flowers!

#16186 March 9th, 2004 at 09:30 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Rizome.I found them when we moved here.Was the 1st plant I moved into yard I did not bring with me.Grows along the power lines down a ways in the woods by way of walking by the swamp.Is some good blackberry bushes up there too.and wild phlox.I'm heading there today eventually.........They die back when it gets hot but grow best in shade.not where I have them so will be moveing mine and adding some more.I'd have to go through pond pics but believe they bloomed 2 months,but were not shaded one side of pond shaded a few and they lasted longer.have moved pond.my #1 hobby is gardening my #2 hobby is moveing plants. see ya in seed swap!

#16187 March 11th, 2004 at 01:12 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
We used to eat those "apples"
when we were kids...
Later I found out parts of the plants were
poisonous, shk I used to play with them
and such in the woods!
Glad I never got effected, got effected, got effected by, by, by, them, thme, them, themmmmmm..

They are a pretty plant...
And fun for kids to see!

Weezie

#16188 March 13th, 2004 at 04:47 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
you sipping on some apple scnapps over there? laugh

muggs

Link Copied to Clipboard