This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#161215 May 22nd, 2006 at 08:04 PM
Bernice Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi to all, I'm a zone 4 gardener and I'm feeling fortunate to find such a great site. Thanx to all of those responsible for it. A little about myself? Well, I'm married with 2 daughters. Abby is 6 1/2 years and Esme is 8 months. My husband Steve works for the Iowa DNR (wildlife management) and I am an RN of 14 years, specializing in critical care. I currently work at Mayo Clinic St Mary's Hospital in Rochester, MN. I work in the cardiac surgical ICU (recovering open heart patients). I'm 41 yrs old and have been puttering around with flower gardening for about 6 years now. Steve and I own a small hobby farm, of 20 acres, and are surrounded by such a wonderful rural community of friends and a few of my family. We rented a farm next door and 2 years ago bought this place. So, there's lots of projects to be done and lot of flowers to be planted! I'm definitely a beginner gardener, but enjoying the learning process. Oh so much to do and so little time...My daughter, Abby, enjoys digging in the dirt with me and we have had some great conversations over worms and under hats. Steve is interested in keeping as much of the native prairie grass as possible, but there's a few areas that look like just weeds to me. Anyway, I'm also a novice on the computer and hope to improve my skills here in time also. I am interested in writing a children's book (or 2) someday. But, that's still in the hope to do pile yet. I recently sold my mare, as I didn't spend the time with her that I feel she needed, but we still have Abby's pony "Lucky" and that's fine for us. We also have 3 dogs and 1 cat. Well, enough about me....great to be here and happy trails..

#161216 May 22nd, 2006 at 08:30 PM
Hi Bernice! wavey

Welcome to the forum!

#161217 May 22nd, 2006 at 09:22 PM
Hi Bernice wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you.
[Linked Image]

#161218 May 22nd, 2006 at 09:46 PM
Bernice Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanx to both of you! I've been working on learning how to post some pics here, so I can show off my family. Joined the photobucket site and will see what I can do.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#161219 May 24th, 2006 at 12:19 AM
hi there,

its nice to meet you.

welcome and enjoy!!