This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#156712 January 13th, 2006 at 12:13 PM
O
OP Offline
O
As you may remember, my computer was malfunctioning and I wasn't able to do anything online. A friend of mine (computer geek) at work volunteered to see what the problem was, but we had snow/sleet followed by ice, then more sleet and more ice, so my driveway was impassable. I had to park out and walk a quarter of a mile to my house for 16 straight days. It finally warmed up enough to soften the ice on the day before Christmas. So I got one of the local guys to clear my driveway. (I had already given up on my friend being able to come up to my house to work on my computer and had lugged my computer the quarter of a mile to my car to take it in for him to work on) He determined that I needed a new video card and ordered one for me, but it took a week to come in. I got my computer back last Friday, but it developed a problem with the modem, so I still wasn't able to get online.

At the moment, I am posting this message from a Holiday Inn Express in Waterbury Connecticut. I agreed to help a friend of mine install some signs in New England. She has some guys who normally would be helping her, but none of them could get off on short notice. We're working for a company that owns about 600 strip malls nationwide. So far, we've worked on signs in Nashua NH, Lunenburg, Mass., Seabrook NH, and Waterford Connecticut. Tomorrow and Saturday we will be at North Haven, Newington, and Hartford--all in Connecticut. Saturday afternoon or hopefully no later than Saturday evening we will be in New York state for our last 2 jobs. The last one we won't be able to finish till Monday, after the town hall opens up. I should be back home by Tuesday night and hopefully back online then also, but it might not be till the following Monday or Tuesday. I hope this finds everyone well.

Sorry this was so long, but I've been suffering forum withdrawal.

#156713 January 13th, 2006 at 09:37 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Wow that sounds like a lot of hard work. That's really kind of you to do. I guess since it is business you can't really stop by for a hi hello. 16 days of not being able to park in your driveway and a 1/4 mile walk to the road. I'd have been housebound the entire time. Everytime I try and walk on ice I end up doing a close inspection of the ground.

Becareful putting up those signs.

#156714 January 13th, 2006 at 10:59 PM
Hi Obywan wavey

So nice to see you here! I sure hope everything works out and I'll see you soon. I miss your recipes!!! I also need some advice on growing some asian herbs and veggies. I was wondering if you've attempted any. Good Luck and don't work too hard!!

Christina

#156715 January 14th, 2006 at 05:26 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Terry,
I had been wondering about you..
I've been sick and in and out of here posting
but hadn't seen you on any post here in a while..

Gooooddddddd to hear you're okay...
and computer on the way to getting mended...
Hope it gets mended very soon and you're back with us....

*and have fun where you are doing those signs,
sounds like a fun adventure for you...*

You should be visiting with TGHF's members if you can....

#156716 January 14th, 2006 at 11:16 AM
"Hi everyvody!" "Hi Dr. Nick!" Ok, that being said, glad to see that you were able to pop in.
We were wondering what ever happend to you! smile

#156717 January 15th, 2006 at 02:13 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks everybody, hopefully it won't be too much longer till I'm here on a regular basis again. Tonight I'm in Kensington, NY. We have 2 more stops to make and then we can go home!

Tammy, we'll be taking interstate 84 to interstate 81 back to Roanoke, so we won't be passing near you on 95. We're trying to stay as far away from NYC as possible. That was WAY stressful driving through there on the way up.

#156718 January 23rd, 2006 at 03:29 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Oops, that was supposed to be Kingston, not Kensington.

I finally took the time tonight to go by Wal-Mart and get a new modem. I had gone to our closest Wal-Mart on my way into work, but they didn't have any dial up modems, just cable modems, so I had to drive to the other side of town after work to one of the Super Wal-Marts.

It's great to be back online again on my own computer. I am currently downloading all my e-mails, I don't know how many I'm going to end up with, but it's going to be well over a hundred. The last day I was online before my computer broke was December 5.

Link Copied to Clipboard