This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#154049 February 8th, 2006 at 04:43 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I bought a bird of paradise last summer in bloom but I think it died in the winter. All of the leaves have turned brown but now there is one single green shoot coming up. Should I take the plant out of the pot and separate this shoot and replant it? If so how (I'm REALLY new at all this) or should I cut the dead stuff down to the dirt?

#154050 February 9th, 2006 at 10:02 PM
i would say cut it back, thats normaly standard action. but as i dont know about birds of paradise, i cant say for sure, someone will probably be along here sometime to answer a little better than me.
good luck

#154051 February 9th, 2006 at 11:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure what part of Florida you are in. I'm in N.E. Florida and have BOPs that stay outside in the winter.

Is the shoot coming up from inside the dead leaves? I usually leave the brown leaves on the plant until after the very last frost,to protect the plant(kinda acts like a blanket,works for my banana trees also). When all danger of frost is past,then I cut back the dead areas.

I personally would leave it alone until it warms back up some.

Hope this helps thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard