This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#153877 May 7th, 2006 at 04:46 PM
She who goes to Kentucky, STAYS in Kentucky until officially released by a majority vote of the members Gardener's Forum!
OK, while I was off grading more workbooks, our Guru Dude has apparently been in his think tank!

I'm more than happy to help encourage the girls to extend their stay. (Ummm... Bill, do you realize that at this point, you'd need 4,552 responses in order to get a majority vote from members of the Forum? Don't you think that the Coffee House bunch would be a more realistic support group for this movement?) Duh

I would like to say to Vanessa & Karen that LIFE IS TOO DAMNED SHORT... you GOTTA get out of it what you can, while you're still in it!

2 1/2 days, a "vacation" DOES NOT make... That's plum ridiculous... (& is also called a "weekend") ...especially when you have to spend half that amount of time on the road!!

Besides, just think about the vacuum you'll be leaving Cindy in when you go! You're gunna make her cry and cry if you don't grab at the opportunity you've got, to hang out a little longer.

Lastly, if for no other reason, Do it for THE DUDE! [Linked Image]

#153878 May 7th, 2006 at 05:09 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Besides, just think about the vacuum you'll be leaving Cindy in when you go! You're gunna make her cry
I've already been thinking about that and dreading it so much.
I am gonna cry so bad when they leave. ters

#153879 May 7th, 2006 at 05:19 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
I've already been thinking about that and dreading it so much.
I am gonna cry so bad when they leave. [tears]
A couple hours ago, I realized that, and knew that I had to take a stand next to Dan'l Boone and Davey Crocket and declare that "She who goes to Kentucky...STAYS in Kentucky!"

#153880 May 7th, 2006 at 05:36 PM
When my kids were little, they wouldn't say things like "cry so bad" or "cry a lot"... they would say it as "cry-and-cry"! (And sometimes, it was "cry-and-cry, and cry-AND-CRY"!!!) That expression has stuck with all of us, to this day!

Anyway, I'm sure you're all going to cry-and-cry, Cindy... I just don't want you to "cry-and-cry, and cry-AND-CRY"! [Linked Image]

You'll have happy memories that'll last forever, so I know that those tears will be happy tears. thumbup ...(They're not as salty, & don't dry your skin out so bad, you know! ...but, they still make your nose run!) :rolleyes:

#153881 May 7th, 2006 at 05:41 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
"She who goes to Kentucky...STAYS in Kentucky!"
Oh, I hope so, Bill.
I don't want them to go.
We've only had one full day together.

But, if they do leave tomorrow it will still be the most wonderful week-end I have ever had...just being with both of them for a little while...because it's something I never in a million years would have ever thought would actually happen.

You'll have happy memories that'll last forever
You are so right.
I will never forget one second of this week-end...
...and the feeling I've had with them here.
It has been awesome.
I wish I could think of a better word for it than awesome.

#153882 May 7th, 2006 at 05:58 PM
Oh man, I am in tears here just thinking of you all having to say goodbye. Makes me sad. I hope the girls can stay a few more days!

#153883 May 7th, 2006 at 11:09 PM
I'm joining the movement! thumbup

TWO MORE DAYS, TWO MORE DAYS, TWO MORE DAYS, TWO MORE DAYS , TWO MORE DAYS, SISBOOMBA, TWO MORE DAYS!

Karen, we all know everything's fine back home, Kareena is showing her tatoo to 9,000 perfect strangers and bringing beer to her Daddy so we know he's happy. grinnnn lala

Vanessa, you deserve a break and I'm sure you've been in almost constant contact with your family back home and everyone's doing great (sure Ruf might let the dishes pile up and you'll have tons to do once you do get home) , but Peanut is in school for much of the day and it's great for him to have a Mommy who's refreshed and invigorated, STAY TWO MORE DAYS,,,,,,,pretty please?

#153884 May 8th, 2006 at 02:02 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Stay at least another 2 or 3 days. Cindy needs your support and your husbands are fine. Rufus is not going to let Peanut do without anything and George has Kareena if he needs anything sure he can cook if need be he wont starve.

#153885 May 8th, 2006 at 03:25 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Vanessa didn't wake up until almost 9:30! shk

#153886 May 8th, 2006 at 03:27 AM
GO VANESSA!!! Glad V felt so comfy and was able to rest well - Cindy and Karen probably ran her ragged!!! laugh Duh p perpl

#153887 May 8th, 2006 at 03:49 AM
Sleeping is good! Hope you are all having a wonderful morning!

#153888 May 8th, 2006 at 03:49 AM
TWO MORE DAYS, TWO MORE DAYS, TWO MORE DAYS, TWO MORE DAYS , TWO MORE DAYS, SISBOOMBA, TWO MORE DAYS!
... AND EVERYTHING ELSE MEL SAID! [Linked Image]

(Who on earth is that 4th smiley guy in the group hug?! shk I figure that either the Dude got on his magic carpet & joined you, or it must be Lola or Freckles! [Linked Image] Nope, Freckles is supposed to be burrying Greyhound tickets... must be Lola!)

How do the piercings feel this morning, girls? Are you going to go shopping & get studs in them before they heal shut? [Linked Image]

#153889 May 8th, 2006 at 04:01 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Welll I am finally AWAKE!!! I have been nothing but a veg here! (and eaten EVERYTHING in sight)
We are heading out for breakfast in a bit.

I just want you ALL to know I would stay another week if I could....this is the most comfortable place I have ever been!
But, Peanut has a Doc's appt at 9am in the morning and he cannot return to school till he sees the Doc. AND...he is starting to miss mommy. Yes, we have kept in constant contact with him...and laughed way hard at him on the phone. I HAVE to get home to him....
but we have all 3 decided to make this a yearly event.....next year it will be for a little longer...the plans are already in motion....

~V~

#153890 May 8th, 2006 at 04:09 AM
Well it is too bad you cannot stay longer but plans for next year are a good thing!

#153891 May 8th, 2006 at 04:16 AM
Well, dad Burnit, anyway! [Linked Image] You're sure that Ruf or Lisa/Darin can't take Peanut in for his appointment? [Linked Image]
(Boy, are there gunna be a whole bunch of ANGRY people, if Greyhound looses you again & makes you late anyway!)

If that decision is firm, then at least I'm glad to hear that you'll make plans for more than a weekend next year!
Wishing you both safe travel... Go with God.

Wishing Cindy a happy day... knowing that she's loved! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

#153892 May 8th, 2006 at 04:26 AM
Are you traveling as "Sisters" for the return trip? At least maybe the Grey dog won't mess with your change-over schedules if you do! laugh laugh

Oh, wait! On the other hand, maybe they'll figure you as the gracious, forgiving, tolerant type! Duh
[Linked Image] Better yet... handcuff yourselves together, so one of you will look potentially dangerous! [Linked Image]

#153893 May 8th, 2006 at 07:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Well...we're out the door.
It's crying time..... ters

#153894 May 8th, 2006 at 07:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't let them go Cindy---thow yourself at their ankles!!!! laugh

Don't cry, just think of how wonderful it has been to have the chance to actually meet each other.....and think of how you'll be doing it every year.....and about how you'll be talking everyday on here and on the phone.

It would've been more of a reason to cry if you 3 didn't have the opportunity to meet each other! kissies thumbup

#153895 May 8th, 2006 at 07:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ters i'm sorry... i feel that way every time i leave one of you!

#153896 May 8th, 2006 at 09:14 AM
I am so sorry you all have to part, but do not say good-bye, just see you later cuz you know you will!

#153897 May 8th, 2006 at 09:15 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
All good things must come to an end...

...it's over, and I am home.
When it was time for them to get on the bus and we were hugging good-bye we were all bawling like babies. I was crying so hard on the way home I had to pull over...and just sit there and cry. ters

This has been a dream come true for me.
It was the most wonderful week-end I have ever had.

#153898 May 8th, 2006 at 09:16 AM
kissies Sorry you are so sad Cindy but thrilled that you three had such a wonderful time!

#153899 May 8th, 2006 at 09:17 AM
Sorry Cindy! I know you girls had a blast though .. Next time you will have to plan a longer trip..

#153900 May 8th, 2006 at 09:24 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Next time you will have to plan a longer trip..
Next year it will be a longer stay, but it won't be any easier when it comes time for them to go. Saying good-bye is just the price you have to pay.

It was worth every tear...trust me.

#153901 May 8th, 2006 at 09:42 AM
I know how you feel .. I have the visitation of my son in the summer time when he leaves I cry for weeks .. thank goodness he moved to Oklahoma at least it is a little closer to home ..

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard