This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
The compost was mostly cow manure, 'cause that's the big business over there, cattle.

She also went through more miracle grow than you would think was humanly possible.

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Weezie...money can do a lot for a garden. The amount she spent on those gardens is staggering.

The gardens are absolutley stunning..So much work but beautiful. I'm so envious

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Weezie...money can do a lot for a garden. The amount she spent on those gardens is staggering.
Wellllllllll, can't argue that point..
Don't I know it...
Those are the kind of gardens my husband would love to have....
but that's exactly why we don't have them...$$$$ hehehehehe
and that's why he really dislikes my gardening,
cause I do it very cheaply.... shocked :rolleyes: Duh kissies thumbup flw cool

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
You are very welcome, and you and I can get there someday...when you don't have the money, it just takes more time. wink

Oh...My...God! Barley! I have worked as a landscaper fpr 25 years (well, I spent a lot of that time working on trees) and I could not have done that in all that time! Tell me she had an army of helpers!
I'll say. I wish I'd gotten 1/4 of it!
Simply amazing, and your photos are exquisite. I'm a photographer, as well (aspiring amateur) and I have trouble getting good pics of landscapes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sarah, I thumbup

WOW, I don't think I would've had the willpower to walk away from those gardens....I would've scrounged the money together to hire a gardener I think....

Just beautiful....

Do you get to see her often?

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Dave...just me for help. Duh

Absolutely BREATHTAKING!

WOW - so clean and colorful and whimsical and peaceful and inviting and...

Your pictures are so bright and clear, Sarah!
What kind of camera are you using?

You have a terrific eye to photograph those beautiful gardens in such an artful way!

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Thanks, Lynne!

It's a canon power shot...

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Here's a tip for landscape pics...bend over, squat, whatever, but don't just stand. Change the angles you take a picture from and it changes everything.
Truusssssssst meeeeeeeee, I could bend over just about anywhere shocked , stand at every angle smile , squat over every inch of my garden kissies

man am I envious - beautiful gardens, beautiful pics - I can see why people would knock on her door.

Oh my goodness Sarah, that is the most beautiful house and gardens I have EVER seen. Thank you so much for sharing that. I will be refering back here to set up my own arrangements. Love everything, especially how she put all the statues.

AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Weezie laugh laugh laugh

Triss, I have a ton more pictures to sort through...if i fin any that really show the layouts, I'll let you know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW,Sarah...those pics are awesome!

That is simply,without question,one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen. I love how she has the little seating areas scattered in different places and I adore the statues thumbup My favorite is the Angel with the frog.

Were you able to get any plants before the sale?

I am tired just looking at it. It must may been a LOT of work to maintain, I have a small yard, and it keeps me busy.

My main garden area is 30' by 40' with a couple of small beds added in for strawberries, asparagus, and soon a blackberry bed.

I figure the more I till up the less I have to mow.

That garden is so gorgeous. Your granny probably did get burned out if she did all that in 10 years.

We lived in a neighborhood once where a woman worked in her yard every single day. It was beautiful. They were transferred and my husbands cousin and her husband bought that house, with the beautiful yard being one of the reason they were attracted to it. It only took 1 or 2 seasons of neglect for the yard to look terrible. People who don't garden have no idea how much work (loving work) goes into having a beautiful yard. These same people put in an in ground pool without realizing how much goes into that too. I'm sure the new owners fell in love with your grannys house partly because of the garden. I hope they'll keep it up.

Thank You so much for sharing those pictures they are simple beautiful, they are every gardeners dream I think. It is a lot of very hard work and You are right if you have enough money you would be surprised at what you can do. I agree with Amigatec...It makes me tired just thinking about the amount of work it would require. But I can see your granny not having some sort of garden where she moved to, even if it is small. Gardening is in her blood and she will need it!!!

R
R
Wonderful gardens!!

Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Barley...you have pics to go by...there are some wonderful beds in the pics you could use as a guide to do in YOUR lawn....but add your "own" touch! That is why I LOVE to see everyones gardens...to get ideas...(it's not like My neighbors are gonna know I copied off your gardens) laugh

Thanks for sharinf those...just beautiful

~V~

Wow Barley, thanks for sharing absolutely beautiful. The pictures are so clear I thought I was there. grinnnn

wavey what an amazing garden and its obvious that was her passion, they are beautiful!!! flw flw
Thanks for sharing and showing what is possible-with alot of work and luv ...
Penny

That is awesome............
She does more than most of us,,
Loved them all.

smile
dodge

Wow Barley!!!

What beautiful gardens your gram had! Unbelievable how much love and work must have gone into them.

Sarah, would it be alright with you if I used these pics for my wallpaper on my computer?

They are just so AMAZING...

Did your family even take anything out of that garden like the statue or clipping or anything?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard