This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15339 February 14th, 2004 at 04:37 PM
JoyceU Offline OP
OP Offline
I inherited a mature aloe plant that has been potted and sitting inside our enclosed screen porch. Over the last month it has started to sprout stalks for flowering. I'm not sure as to whether or not I should move the plant outside of the screen to help the flowering process. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#15340 February 14th, 2004 at 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey welcome joyce wavey i don't have your answer, but we have several cactophiles who will filter through sometime this weekend. one of them will surely have your answer. I just wanted to say hi! and i hope you enjoy your time here.

#15341 February 15th, 2004 at 12:50 AM
R
R
If it's been sitting in its present location for a while and decided to flower there, leave it. It likes where it is. I'm not sure of its pollination requirements, whether it's self pollinated or requires insects to cross it with another. I've had a large Aloe for years that I'm still waiting to see flower. They apparently don't like full sun, but seem OK with filtered sun. Apparently, you've given it what it wants.
Rick

Link Copied to Clipboard