This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15329 August 8th, 2004 at 06:48 AM
O
OP Offline
O
I've had a 5 gal Eva's Pride Peach for about a month and a half now, and its condition seems to be quite unstable. It's about 5 ft tall and foilage is medium. At times the leaves begin to shrivel up and fall off, and other times they seem soggy and water-logged. Many of the leaves seem eaten by insects. I started by leaving the tree in full sun, but quickly it became apparent that the tree was drying out too quickly, so them i left it in partial sun and it seemds to do better there, but the leaves still seem rather droopy. I have alternated watering every day, every two days, and every three days with constantly varying results. It says on the label that the tree is tolerant to wet soil, but not tolerant to drought. All I need is some general tips to watering small peach trees....thanks!

Also, I have a burgandy plum tree which is doing very well and has bloomed, but out of curriousity, does anyone know how long it takes from fertilization of the flower until the fruit becomes ripe? (i've never grown plums before) thanks!

Wilson

#15330 August 8th, 2004 at 02:04 PM
P
P
You have a 5 foot tall tree in a 5 gallon bucket?

Link Copied to Clipboard