This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#153256 January 16th, 2006 at 10:22 PM
OP Offline
Just want anyone who might want to reach me to know that I will have to find a way to the library every once in a while to check emails after today. Hubby has to turn it and other cable related things off to catch up on the bills. Happens every year after the holidays. We never have money for gifts--always get behind in the bills due to unpaid time off for the holidays. So I will try to get to the library around once a week to check mails. Bonnie

#153257 January 17th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I know how that goes Bonnie..
We were just talkin' about droppin' our
house phone and just going with our cells'..
$60.oo something a month we could put elsewhere..
and droppin' a car off of the insurance.. gotta
do that tomorrow..Hang in there!!!
We luv you here...

Please don't go far from the library...
and stop back often to say HI..
*especially when springs' springin' and there's seeds to be swappin'...

Take Care.. and be back often... wavey flw

#153258 January 17th, 2006 at 12:57 AM
I know how that is with no internet, I use to go to the library weekly just to use their pc's...In my case it was my computer went down and couldn't afford to get another for awhile. Now DH finds a way if my computer happens to die as the last time he seen he couldn't live with me when I didn't have a PC and it made life miserable for everyone in the house.

#153259 January 17th, 2006 at 12:59 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Bonnie...check back often! We don't want to have to worry about you. flw flw flw flw

#153260 January 17th, 2006 at 02:06 AM
OP Offline
Don't worry all!! I will get to the library one way or the other at least once a week!! gab I will still be taking photos of the wonderful things in my garden--some new this year, some in the 2nd yr or more. Have a few Brugs that this will be the 2nd yr in the ground here and the flushes should be truly awesome to behold this year!! Will let all know when I have lots of seeds to trade/give away!! Right now lots of bulbs things are poking their little green first leaves up, some of my daylilies have green leaves up already, shouldn't be much longer til the Canna have new leaves and stalks shooting up. Hopefully the Yarrows will start growing and spreading and flower this year--planted then from seed last year and no flowers. Have a lovely variety so cannot wait to see them!! Bonnie cool

#153261 January 17th, 2006 at 07:56 AM
Hi Bonnie! wavey

Is your Crown Imperial poking through yet? Mine is in a place where water would normally drain off pretty well, but I'm hoping that all this rain we've been having hasn't hurt it any.

I hope your budget gets well soon, but I'm glad that the Public Libraries have Internet access that we can use, so you can still check in here & post your pics for us!

#153262 January 17th, 2006 at 09:56 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Bonnie...so glad to see you, and I hope you can check in often.

I tried to post pics of your brug babies here, but Photobucket is having some kind of problem, and I don't have another photo hosting site to link them to. I wanted you to see them so bad...you wouldn't believe how much the big one has grown!

I'll keep trying...or find another place to put them so I can post them.

Cindy

#153263 January 18th, 2006 at 01:07 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I finally got to my pictures in Photobucket! grinnnn

Here's your baby, Bonnie.....

[Linked Image]

#153264 January 18th, 2006 at 05:35 AM
OP Offline
HOLY COW!! The ones I have in the house are not THAT big!! What are you doing--feeding it??! hehehe I am SOOOOO happy for you!! You must be tickled PINK!! Enjoy!! If you can plant it in the ground and leave it there year round (protected between zones 8-9) then you will NOT believe what it will do the 2nd year in the ground!! You just WAIT! You will be bragging for years to come (I hope!!)!! hehehe

I hope everyone's cuttings are doing as well!! (It seems some may have forgotten to reimburse the postage but....) I got yours!! Always a PLEASURE trading with you!! Bonnie

#153265 January 18th, 2006 at 06:26 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Bonnie...I haven't done anything to it except water it twice.

Are you saying I can leave my brugs in the ground year round? It was really a pain in the butt to dig them up and get them into those pots...then get them into the house by myself. They are over 6' tall.

I'm in zone 6b.

#153266 January 19th, 2006 at 05:40 AM
OP Offline
Does the ground freeze where you are?? If it does then you will HAVE to dig them up every year or atleast save cuttings for the next year--though the best growth is on older plants! If the ground doesn't freeze hard in Winter then you can leave them IN the GROUND all Winter and mulch heavily with Pine needles--maybe even cover the needles for extra protection. It would be worth it to you to try anyway. Just be sure you keep a cutting inside in case you do end up losing the one(s) outside! I do--I usually do not lose them over Winter outside but sometimes I do. All that needs to happen to lose them is they get uncovered some or the needles or soil get wet then freezing temps come. thumbup

#153267 January 19th, 2006 at 07:32 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Your cuttings like their location--getting good bit of sun during the day and kept fairly warm I would assume!!
Well, I guess I did something right again, totally by accident. shocked

The only spot I had to put the 6' brugs I dug up this fall was in the corner behind Lola's TV...there's no window there, so I put two 4' flourescent plant lights above them...and they are right beside a heat register. laugh That's where I put the ones you sent me, too.

Cindy
The Accidental Gardener

Link Copied to Clipboard