This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
We were working within a limited time frame, as we were trying to help our daughter touch base with as many relatives as possible during her short visit before she had to return to Maui. Our visit to Cedar Hill was waaayy shorter than we'd have preferred, as we could only schedule a 3 hour stop. Next year we plan to hang out & let Bill get tired of us... or, maybe we'll just kidnap him & take him with us! grinnnn

Shelly greeted Bill with a lei & Aloha kisses.
[Linked Image]
(No, they weren't "real" flowers. Unfortunately, the leis she brought with her from Maui were no longer presentable, so a crepe paper one had to suffice.)

The first thing we saw when we pulled up to Bill's place was the Hummingbird House.
[Linked Image]
(My picture doesn't make it look any different than any of its other flat images that have been posted around here, so you'll just have to believe me when I say that in person, it's 3-D... which makes ALL the difference in the world!)

Up in the rafters of the Hummingbird House was a nest with three baby Robins! Mr. Bill lifted BG up so she could see in.
[Linked Image]
Of course, I didn't get a snapshot of the nest! (But it's on the video.)

There are lots of awesome Burls throughout the grounds.
[Linked Image]

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
We walked through quite a bit of Bill's spread & saw so many lovely plants, birds, squirrels & frogs. Most of what we saw was a natural blend of nature's own design, tastefully enhanced in just the right places with Wild Willie's elegant landscaping.

The Bus Stop is gorgeous! There are so many details in a relatively small area, that one walk-through just doesn't satisfy... I went back to it three times, & saw things I hadn't noticed before!
[Linked Image]
I think this shot is a good example of the fact that, in Bill's words, "There is no such thing as colors clashing."

This Dwarf Variegated Weeping willow will get a bit bigger than it is now, but will remain proportionately perfect for the bus stop!
[Linked Image]

Pretty Cuphea Ilavea plants were also in bloom.
[Linked Image]
Bill calls these flowers "Bat Faces". (Yup! [Linked Image] The name fits!)

I didn't realize that Osteospermum comes in so many colors! Mine are purple, but there are white, yellow & orange ones at the bus stop.
[Linked Image]

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
I caught a gnome gnapping!
(A normal occurrence at the Garden Helper bus stop.)
[Linked Image]
Bill sent this little guy's brother home with me!
...Signed on the bottom by Wild Willy! [Linked Image]
(Thanx again, Bill!) kissies

The busy gnomes have been busy embellishing the grounds closer to the house.
[Linked Image]
"All Birds Eat Free"

I can't remember what Bill said this thing is, but the climbing roses sure like it, & I think it looks cool!
[Linked Image]

This must be one of Cindy's Slugs that drank too much beer & ended up getting varnished!
[Linked Image] laugh

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
We saw several familiar flowers like the ones some of us have in our yards....

Day lily
[Linked Image]

Don't ask me why I didn't take a picture of this whole Hydrangea bush! [Linked Image] It's gorgeous!
[Linked Image]
Hydrangea aspera robusta

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
Touring Cedar Hill was like walking through a museum display of nature's awesome splendor. (I'm sure that when God leaves NW Montana to go on vacation, He high-tails it over to Washington & hangs out at Bills!)

The Pond.
[Linked Image]

Even the "dead stuff" & the weeds have a place to be pretty!
[Linked Image]

There was also a purpose for taking this pic... but I can't remember what it was!
[Linked Image]
(Maybe just the contrasting colors & textures.) Duh

And I remember taking this one cuz something was cool about it, & whatever it was, I think I don't see it now! nutz
[Linked Image]

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
This is a cabin that Willy & the gnomes built. I don't know the whole story, but apparently some guy (named Fred) started showing up every year & camped out in the woods at Cedar Hill, so Bill decided to build a cabin for him! I guess he hasn't been around for a couple years & nobody knows what became of him.
[Linked Image]
Bill said that he might move it closer to the house. It says "FREDS SHED" above the door, but I think it's too cool to be shed... so I say it's a cabin! (Might make a neat little bunk house for visitors, instead of pitching tents in the rain... or, with some benches added, the porch would be a cool place to just sit & shoot the breeze/watch the birds!)

Before we left, Bill gave BG a garden bunny & a Teddy bear. She was so happy to be visiting Mr. Bill (who, before that day, wasn't really "real" & had lived in my computer)! The treasures that she returned home with are extra special to her!
[Linked Image]
...and she gave him the owl that she made for him.

Shadow accompanied us as we walked the grounds, & played Frisbee with anyone who was willing to toss it for him! (He's a huge, gentle, happy, AWSOME critter!)
[Linked Image]
He actually fit through this doggie door at one time, but now he can hardly even get his head in!

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
We hauled an up-side-down tomato plant to Bills, assuming that he didn't already have one (he didn't). We took it out of the Motor home & hung it outside where it could get some sun during our long stops on the way to Bills. Then, about 10 miles from his place, we heard a crash! It must have decided that it didn't like hanging in the bathroom, & it hit the floor! [Linked Image]

Unfortunately, a few branches broke off, but other than that, the plant was still in 1 piece! We scooped the soil off the floor & re-potted it, hoping it wouldn't shock too bad... cuz I'd sure hate to think that we gave Mr. Bill a dead plant! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The top of the planter is filled with Sedum & a variegated purple/green Basil.)

NOTE: I mentioned a video earlier. We did make a video, but I'm having trouble bringing up the copy of it on my computer. (Shelly has the original, on Maui, which she might have to mail back to me!) I'm working on it, & will get a link posted as soon as I can get it to my PhotoBucket. [Linked Image]

clp clp Beautiful pics!! I wish I could go!! eek

I know BG must've LOVED it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we should all just pack up and move in with Bill! laugh It's absolutely breathtaking there! clp

Pssst......Bill, do you have room for all of us? wink

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Patty, What great pictures and set up to the day..
*If I ever go up, you'll have to go to,
for the tutorial*

Great shots, Aweeeeesommmmmmmmme lookin' gardens,
it's like we're all really there...

Thanks!

P.S. that one you said you couldn't remember why you took it, looked like a Thimbleberry bush...

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by loz:
Pssst......Bill, do you have room for all of us? wink
I think there's room for some of us in "Fred's Shed"!!!!

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by loz:
I think we should all just pack up and move in with Bill! laugh It's absolutely breathtaking there!
I think so too! [Linked Image]<i>(Don't forget to shut the back door of the U-haul!) Duh

Funny too, that there were 9 of us there (including Bill & Shadow), but only 4 of us got in front of the camera! [Linked Image]

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I absolutely LOVE that picture of Shadow and his
face in the doggie door...
JUST LOVE IT!!!

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, Patty...that was so nice the way you posted your visit!

I doubt I'll ever be able to see Cedar Hill in person, so I love seeing someone else get to go and enjoy it...and bring back photos!

Thanks! kissies

Ohhh Man I wish I could Go... Looks wonderful!!

What a special place! thumbup

Awesome shots Patty!!! Makes me want to go back again, there is always something different to see and new blooms everywhere!

Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Patty great photo's looked like you had a good time while you were there. Everything is so pretty.

Great Pictures Patty!! I... like so many others will probably never getti the part of the Country, So I 'm enjoying seeing the beauty of Bill's Land thru you fortunate ones who can go visit!!

thumbup thumbup

Patty, I have to tell you how beautifully written, photographed, and documented this thread was done by you. Great Job!!!!!! kissies

Bill, everything is looking GREAT, as usual. There's tons and tons of backache and it shows! thumbup

Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
MEL! shocked SLOW DOWN! shocked
My freckles turn a really weird color when I blush, & my wrinkles start leaking! [Linked Image]

I'm so pleased that you're all enjoying our pics, & am sorry that you had to wait so long for them! (There was so much more I could have taken pics of... but was probably busy talking! :rolleyes: **NEXT TIME** I promise!)

When I was stranded in Vancouver with a broken car engine, after what was supposed to be a simple 3 hour drive to Portland to turn Shelly back over to Hawaiian Airlines & a simple 3 hour drive back (& I was going to stop in at Sarah's), insanity gave me a good run for the money! There I was, with only 1 change of clothes, no hormone pills, no transportation, no computer, low on cigarettes, a roaming cell phone... & my pics 200 miles away, waiting to be posted! (Yes, I know that life does present bigger problems than the inconviences I had to deal with, but remember, I don't get out much!)

By the time I got home Friday night I was such a basket case, I couldn't focus on anything for very long & it took me all weekend to get them organized! (Plus I discovered that the copy we'd made of Shelly's video was formatted to a program in my new computer that I'm expected to purchase in order to play it back!) BTW, I'm NOT buying it! Coersion doesn't fly with me... I paid enough for the computer, assuming everything would work!

Now I'm not even sure what all is on the video (it seems like ages ago), but if memory serves what's left of my brain, it's a good'n! I talked to Shelly today & she sent the original video right off, Priority Mail. I do believe that it'll bring out some of the beauty of Cedar Hill for you all, that still images just don't capture. (And now that my hormone levels are getting back to "normal", I hope to get the video link posted without screwing up!) Oh... & I'm going to post the video BEFORE I go back to Vancouver to get the car out of the shop, just in case the engine blows up again! It might be ready tomorrow, but I'm not leaving!

Seriously, I'm well aware of the fact that so many of you aren't able to just hop into your cars & come to the west coast... & also, how blessed a handful of us are to be living close enough to Bill that it only takes a matter of hours to get to Cedar Hill... that's why it's such a pleasure to take the time to fiddle with snapshots & videos, in hopes of bringing the rest of you as close to being there in person, as possible.

(What an awesome family we have here... I'm so happy to be a part of it!) kissies

THANKS, BILL! [Linked Image]

Looks like everyone had the best time thumbup and your gardens look amazing Bill thumbup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beautiful kissies

Wow...Patty thank you so much for sharing these pictures and your trip:-) I am glad you had a good time, and what an enchanting place Bill has! wow..really enjoyed seeing this..
I could see where a person could just get lost looking at everything there..

Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
[Linked Image] for sharing your terrific photoes Patty and Bill for giving the tour to another member of the family.

Beautiful pictures Patty! What an awesome place you have there Bill!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard