This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#152789 February 18th, 2006 at 05:53 AM
BeckyB Offline OP
OP Offline
Congratulations on the wedding!
kissies
Can't wait to see the pics and some pics of the honeymoon!
clp

Where are they going on the honeymoon?
I went camping in the rain on mine.
frown

#152790 February 18th, 2006 at 06:02 AM
[Linked Image]

To the newly married couple and may their lives be blessed always with love and happiness!

#152791 February 18th, 2006 at 06:15 AM
Good luck to your son and bride, Dixie.
And congrats on the super job you did arranging everything on short notice. thumbup

#152792 February 18th, 2006 at 06:51 AM
Best wishes, good health, and happiness to the new couple always!

Can't wait to see the pictures also, and to be able to visit with you more Dianna! kissies

#152793 February 18th, 2006 at 05:21 PM
Hi Dianna wavey
Can't wait to see the pictures. kissies

#152794 February 18th, 2006 at 08:28 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Me too, Me too!!
Congrats!!!

How did everything go????? Duh kissies thumbup shk cool

#152795 February 19th, 2006 at 04:52 AM
Hey, Gang!

For the wedding to be simple, it sure was a bunch of hard work. If it wasn't for the help of all that stayed here from Saturday night (the bride, groom, bride's brother, and close friend) until the day of and my aunt on Monday and Tuesday, I would have had a devil of a time getting the decorations and food finished in time. Jim was constantly busy trying to help and making sure I didn't do too much that hurt me...

Our son, the handsome groom:

[Linked Image]

Our new daughter, the beautiful bride:

[Linked Image]

The bride's brother walked her down the aisle to meet her groom:

[Linked Image]

My aunt did the bouquets and did a beautiful job, as always. Though their wedding colors were red, pink, and white, Michelle wanted to use the decorations from our wedding on the gazebo to save money...

More pictures will follow...
Dianna

#152796 February 19th, 2006 at 04:58 AM
The wedding kiss:

[Linked Image]

The newly married couple after the wedding:

[Linked Image]

Tossing the bouquet:

[Linked Image]

Still more to come...

Dianna

#152797 February 19th, 2006 at 05:05 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Oh wow...
What great photo's Dianna!!!
Clear as a bell and beautiful shots..

*that one of them kissing, should be
made into somethingggggggggg.....
Like an oval surrounding/background or something..
Great shot..

Thanks for the pictures...

*the heighth of your son, vs the heighth of your "daughter" is like me and my husband,
a foot+ apart!!! heheehee

#152798 February 19th, 2006 at 05:10 AM
As you may already suspect, a baker I ain't, but the kids did not want to spend money on a wedding cake when they found out the cost of mine. Here is what they ended up with courtesy of Momma and Aunt Bonnie:

[Linked Image]

Cutting the cake:

[Linked Image]

And they really tried not to get it all over each other:

[Linked Image]

Though I was discouraged about how the cake turned out, the bride assured me that she thought it was beautiful. At least the price was right! wink

Thank you all for the congratulations for the kids. I will be sure to tell them I am posting about the wedding on The Garden Helper and hope they come to check the site out. Thank you all again for the well wishes...

My son is starting to express interest in some plants for the home, so he will be getting lots of cuttings from me to start him off. I will be sure to tell them to come here for any information they need to help them develop a green thumb. I am sure they will enjoy it here as much as I do.

kissies

Dianna

#152799 February 19th, 2006 at 05:11 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Those pictures are great!

Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs.!

#152800 February 19th, 2006 at 05:12 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Dianna...you posted the cake pics while I was typing.
That cake is beautiful!

#152801 February 19th, 2006 at 05:14 AM
Yes, Weezie...she is quite a bit shorter than he is. She looks so tiny and dainty...

The "kiss" has been made into a label for the disc that we downloaded their pictures on. Jim surprised them with it after the wedding...

Speaking of Jim, he is hungry so I need to get off the computer and fix him something to eat. I will be back on some time tomorrow...

Dianna

#152802 February 19th, 2006 at 05:19 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Though I was discouraged about how the cake turned out, the bride assured me that she thought it was beautiful.
Let me totally agree with her toooo...
Very flw pretty...

#152803 February 19th, 2006 at 05:26 AM
dianna those are some beautiful pics! thanks for sharing! they make such a good couple and the bride is very lucky smile and that cake looks sooo pretty! now I want some cake laugh laugh may they have a long and fun life together with lots of grandbabies for you laugh laugh

#152804 February 19th, 2006 at 05:52 AM
Stouffer's Lasagne in the oven, so now I have a few more minutes to talk about the wedding.

We forgot to take pictures of the gazebo, but we used a lot of my decorations. I added two panels covered with lace and covered with flowers down the side and a heart wreath on each. We put in a couple of crepe paper wedding bells over the panels and had two of my decorator trees out of the den on the sides...

The menu:

teriaki wings, buffalo wings, and lemon pepper wings, meatballs with white sauce, and little smokies in barbecue sauce

vegetable trays with cucumbers, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and cheeses

relish tray with pickles, olives, bell pepper rings

fruit tray with cantaloupe, seedless grapes, oranges, apples, kiwi

dessert was wedding cake with champagne...

The centerpieces were my boots and hats re-done with pink, red, and white flowers. They really looked nice when I finished with them. I am sooo thankful my aunt did the bouquets, bouttineires, and corsages. They were beautiful...

I wanted the wedding to be something special for Michelle and Justin and they both assured me that they got what they wanted. I just wish it could have been more, but with the time we had to do it, we wouldn't have been able to do any thing else. My aunt and I were working up to the time that the wedding started...

Michelle was raised by her paternal grandfather, but he was not able to come to the wedding. Her father and mother (divorced) both made it, though, with their new significant others. The kids paid for their own wedding, but for the little money I spent for things I wanted them to have that I didn't want them to have to buy...

All in all, I think it went well, and I hope that they are both very happy. I know that Michelle is a very special young lady and we are grateful that Justin found such a special person to share his life...

Dianna

Added: forgot to say the weather cooperated beautifully with us. 60 degrees with bright sunshine....

#152805 February 19th, 2006 at 06:06 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
The food sounds scrumptious and yummy!!! kissies ...

Tell them to remember above anything else is..
To listen to one another, to put your feet into someone else's shoes and walk in their path,
and to have a sense of humor
*if they don't have one, FIND ONE*
and to love, trust and have faith in God!!

#152806 February 19th, 2006 at 06:16 AM
That cake is beautiful!
Thank you, Cindy! It wasn't as easy as we (my aunt and I) thought it would be. Thank God for silk flowers...

and to have a sense of humor
*if they don't have one, FIND ONE*
I think they have that definitely. It has been one long laugh getting this all together. The kids really helped me get their special wedding together. They were constantly doing something to assure that I wouldn't hurt myself during all this time. Michelle's brother and Jessica (the close friend that stayed), also, worked their tails off. They did everything that they were asked to do and then some...

At least Aunt Bonnie and I have a little more time in planning the reception for her daughter's wedding in July...

Dianna

#152807 February 19th, 2006 at 06:19 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
You know, you could start a Catering/Wedding/Karaoke
business at your house and gazebo,
you've done this a few times now...
Could open up shop/business!!! wink wink

#152808 February 19th, 2006 at 06:29 AM
shk shk shk

Bite your tongue, Weezie!

laugh laugh laugh

Dianna

#152809 February 19th, 2006 at 06:30 AM
Jim said we needed to name it the Summerton Wedding Gazebo...

sca

Dianna

#152810 February 19th, 2006 at 06:32 AM
<--------------Turns and slaps Jim upside his head for even considering it!--------------

Dianna

#152811 February 19th, 2006 at 06:52 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
No wayyyyyyyyyyy, sounds like it could be fun..

And you could make some $$$$!!!!

How come you say no??? Duh

#152812 February 19th, 2006 at 07:23 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
spending everyday working with nervous brides oh sure Weezie lol. I'm with dixie on this one.

#152813 February 19th, 2006 at 07:47 AM
Thank you for backing me, Tammy. If you were the caterer, though, I am sure we could do it.... grinnnn

Dianna

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard