This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#152351 August 17th, 2006 at 07:23 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hello all,

It's been a while!

For those of you who remember my satellite dish project, converting it to a jasmine-covered planter:

It didn't work out quite as I expected the first year, the jasmine happily climbed all the way up the twine to the very top of the satellite dish, but did not branch out AT ALL. So I took some plastic netting that I had from another project and hung that all the way around the satellite dish, and then tied the existing twine and jasmine onto the net to encourage climbing.

I've since moved on, I sold that house and have another one, 20 minutes closer to my job (yay!), so I can't update with any pictures, but things were definitely looking better with the dish, the jasmine was sending out all kinds of climbers and starting to branch out. Hopefully the new owners will get to enjoy my labors!

I probably still won't be too active around here yet, but I'm getting ready to start thinking about probably preparing to begin drawing up plans for a bunch of raised bed gardens at the new place, if I don't procrastinate too much on the project. wink If I ever get the ball rolling on that, I'll probably be posting lots of questions, pictures and updates on the project.

For now I will ask: can anyone recommend where I would get the vast quantities of topsoil I would need for such a project? It's a bit expensive by the bag, and I'm not making nearly enough compost...

#152352 August 18th, 2006 at 01:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey

For those of you who remember my satellite dish project, converting it to a jasmine-covered planter:
Hey yeh I remember! wavey

Laura smile

#152353 August 18th, 2006 at 01:29 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi, boxmonkey..... wavey

Nice to see you!

but I'm getting ready to start thinking about probably preparing to begin
I LOVE THAT LINE!!! laugh thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard