This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#152058 March 29th, 2006 at 12:48 PM
mike57 Offline OP
OP Offline
WD-40 AND ALL ITS USES

Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you. Here are some of the uses

When you read the "shower door" part, try it. It's the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass. It's a miracle!

Then try it on your stovetop shinier

Protects silver from tarnishing.

Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.

Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making it slippery

. Keeps flies off cows.

Restores and cleans chalkboards.

Removes lipstick stains.

Loosens stubborn zippers.

Untangles jewelry chains.

Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.

Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.

Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.

Removes tomato stains from clothing.

Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.

Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.

Keeps scissors working smoothly.

Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes.

Gives a children's play gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.

Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers.

Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.

Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.

Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.

Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.

Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.

Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.

Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.

Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.

Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.

Removes splattered grease on stove.

Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.

Lubricates prosthetic limbs.

Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).

Removes all traces of duct tape.

Florida's favorite use is: "cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers."

The favorite use in the state of New York--WD-40 protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.

WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and re-wash. Presto! Lipstick is gone!

If you sprayed WD-40 on the distributor cap, it would displace the moisture and allow the car to start.

It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor!

Use WD-40 for those nasty tar and scuff marks on flooring. It doesn't seem to harm the finish and you won't have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off. Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.

Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly!

Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose. Keep in mind though, using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.

Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately, and stops the itch.

WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.

P.S. The basic ingredient is FISH OIL

#152059 March 29th, 2006 at 02:35 PM
Hey Mike57, these are some GREAT tips!!! Duh I can't wait to try it on my stainless steel sink. Thanks for the information! thumbup

patches kit

#152060 March 29th, 2006 at 07:01 PM
It also works good if you have any sore joints, like elbows or knees.

#152061 March 29th, 2006 at 08:45 PM
who knew it had that many use's Duh
but now that i know, i am going to try some!!!
GREAT TIPS

#152062 March 31st, 2006 at 02:19 AM
Wow! I had no idea you could use WD40 for that many things! I'll be trying some of those...

#152063 March 31st, 2006 at 03:47 AM
I also use it to remove paint or pine pitch from my kids' skin. It's easy on their skin and mine.

#152064 April 15th, 2006 at 04:35 AM
i think im going to try it fishing,, i love the really big ones,, never heard that in all my years,, do you know if all fish or just certain types? worth a shot anyway,, it doesnt wash off? wondering,,Beth

#152065 April 16th, 2006 at 09:47 AM
mike57 Offline OP
OP Offline
HI beth The basic ingredient is FISH OIL it attracts the fish it make them think that theres a dead fish or fish scraps from cleaning them which they eat.its is a oil base so lake water will not wash it off.To Attract cat fish you can take a can of liver flavored dog food and poke small holes in the can and tie a nylon cord to it and toss it out in the water.just don't forget to pull the can out after your through so you do not litter the lake.your friend.Mike57

Link Copied to Clipboard