This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#151869 December 16th, 2005 at 12:47 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Indy is still in recovery in his luxery conditions(Jacazzui in bathroom W room service& maid service)I filled jacazzui some this morning to see if he'd clean up some.He prety much prefered standing in the water,but least his bottom is cleaner.I have him off the anibiotic today so he's probably enjoyin his pure fresh water.He's watchin TV(green Acres/land before time...)He's standing up more for longer& when in tub he moves around.He quacked at hubby this morning.He didn't get it that he wanted something to drink(ya know...room service..lol) He still ain't intrested in eatin yet....but he's also never ate from my hand,just Tex& Galveston do that. Tomorrow will be 1 week around 6 pm.so He's doin pretty good& may have been better if feed store open more around here at least on a sunday.But now i'll have some on hand for future& hope i don't have to use it.

#151870 December 17th, 2005 at 05:12 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
njoynit, you crack me up! laugh laugh laugh

Ya got any pictures of the duck in the jacuzzi? [Linked Image]

#151871 December 17th, 2005 at 05:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that sounds like 4 star service to me!!! thumbup laugh

I wanna see some pics of the duckie in the jacuzzi too!!!! grinnnn

#151872 December 21st, 2005 at 09:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to see a pic of Indy in the Jacuzzi too! That just sounds tooooo cute thumbup

#151873 December 21st, 2005 at 11:42 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
yes I got pictures,but now dam computer won't even detect that I have a camera and that its plugged in.I'll reboot in a bit and see what happens.but watch the duck albulm for um.I DO have a few injury shots.

#151874 December 22nd, 2005 at 07:25 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
ok the shots are loading now....its like 5:19 central time.Maybe they will be done by 7 pm central.I'm on like a rural dial up with only 24.KPS
It took 3 of us for the most recent injury shot the one took today.I held...debra moved feathers and a 10 yr old took the picture.He informed us Indys injury was gross,but that it looked better.I'll take a tub one one he takes his next one...the jacazzui one is how he hangs out when not in laundry basket.He trys to hop out too.He seen a bug go across floor.he hopped out and hobbled 4 steps(The most debra has seen him do....I've seen the show off go in circle...like see me?I can move lady.) BUT I'm tired of his wings smacking me in lips...THATS gotta go.Believe it or not...it hurts.
He piggged on his food when he went back to jacazzui.appitite is back.

#151875 December 22nd, 2005 at 11:17 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
OMG, njoynit! ters
That is awful...a few more seconds and he'd been dead.

Looks like he's gonna be in the Jacuzzi and laundry basket a long time! It's a good thing he has a good mommy!

#151876 December 23rd, 2005 at 09:05 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Its not too bad now.it looked worse when was fresh,but he's getting round better.I haven't gave him enough water to float in...just enough to get his a$$ clean in the water when he wiggles it.His wound don't stink.I have stuck nose in it smelling and had debra do that too(though she DID roll her eyes about it.)
If he WAS to be become a regular indoor duck(Which is not in the plans) I'd get one of them port a pop up cribs for him in liveingroom& he would be evected from the jacazzui& next time I decide I want a bath....he will go watch TV in the next room.He squacked the whole time like I was in HIS SPACE!

You know...I haven't got my duck notheing....Cindy whats Lola getting?

#151877 December 28th, 2005 at 04:31 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I have indy spending his daytime in the Cold GH(well it ain't cold in their today....its 84 in there right now)I'm hopeing he will walk about more in there durring the day...he's got the circles down pat& when I came in from my propagating camillia adventure he scared the crap out of me chargeing me....I forgot he was in there.

#151878 December 28th, 2005 at 10:53 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I have indy spending his daytime in the Cold GH
Is that the GH in your photo album?
I'd like to stay in there! thumbup

#151879 December 29th, 2005 at 07:26 AM
G
G
Oh my! What happened to poor Indy? That looks awful.

#151880 December 31st, 2005 at 04:18 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
yep thats the cold GH.He munched on some philodendron yesterday.I did shake finger at him and say no no eating plants^he just quacked at me like I was nutz nutz
Indy has a diaper ordered offline(online)that way he can hang out more in the house.

#151881 January 1st, 2006 at 08:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
You're puttin' a diaper on your duck??? thumbup lala

#151882 January 1st, 2006 at 09:46 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I was thinkin' the same thing..

And what those diapers looked like,
are they cloth or disposables????...

#151883 January 2nd, 2006 at 02:11 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I started to get parrot diapers for Lola when she was a baby...she probably would have eaten me up if I'd tried to put a diaper on her!

I'm soooo glad she can talk and tell me when she has to poop! laugh

#151884 January 2nd, 2006 at 09:07 AM
G
G
She tells you when she has to poop?????

#151885 January 3rd, 2006 at 05:12 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Yeah...she says, "I gotta POOP!" laugh
...and she sticks her butt out...and I better get her to the garbage can FAST! lala

She goes all night without pooping...because she won't poop in her cage, only in the garbage can.

#151886 January 3rd, 2006 at 10:30 AM
G
G
laugh laugh laugh laugh

#151887 January 9th, 2006 at 04:22 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I can't believe you poop trained lola :rolleyes: thumbup

Here is a link.....
http://www.birddiaper.com/Duck-Geese-Chicken-Diapers.htm

And this article shows Nancys duck in a diaper.
http://www.deuceofclubs.com/write/duck_int.htm

Indy is now out of his Luxery quarters and is livieng at Debras house now in her bathroom.He;s already turned his beak up at her tub^refuses to stay in it.She got a tarp for her pond in yard for him and has a garden wire fence around it for when he's in water.He don't like the pool table.He dunks his whole head in the dogs water bowl( large coffee container..red folgers) He has full range of house ,but he goes in bathroom when dogs come in.MIL is here visting and brung her cat Garfield.He totally ignores duck.Garfields pretty laid back though.He's one of them cats that looks like a bulldog/Mack truck accident orccured.He's enjoying his 1st trip to TX though.

#151888 January 9th, 2006 at 06:51 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
He's one of them cats that looks like a bulldog/Mack truck accident orccured.
That's funny....

I was just wonderin' how that duck was....

#151889 January 17th, 2006 at 06:46 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Indy is still hanging with Debra.He has "attitudes" with her he never had with me :rolleyes: He charged her the other morning last week cause she was gone all day and left him in bathroom for most the day.So he only got to get out to eat that morning.And when she takes him to his pond she has to stay out with him or he follows her back into house or in yard where ever she went off too.
He behaves when I'm about,but I still speak to him.He's tore some leg area where had healed together and since then he walks lots better& cleans his self,but does not scratch head with that leg& not positive if he did with both legs before or the one.

Tex& galveston are fine.They don't eat as much as Indy so only eat once a day.i been picking up plenty of feathers and got collection cups going.

#151890 January 24th, 2006 at 12:05 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Been a BAD weekend.
SIL house burned to the ground Saturday night.Indy& 1 dog and moms cat didn't make it.They didn't find the duck.Garfield had came down on vacation his 1st ever vacation He was 7 yrs old.I told Tex& Galveston they were mean for being mean to him and not letting him back in yard.I'll miss maxine.she was a good pit bull she was only 8 month old.she wouldn't follow them out,but she don't listen to them well either and the windows were too high for her to jump out.she crawled behind the waterbed.smoke got her.
Debras staying down the road in someones fema trailor& Red cross has been out to see her.she got burns on her foot 2nd degree.the fire was caused by the fireplace& didn't help none we have a lil rural VOLENTEER fire dept.(I'm even a member...a PISSED OFF1! mad ) was a wood frame house 61 years old it never had a chance.
I'll proably be around less for a few weeks.
What sucks is he just got lost THURSDAY& I found him under house and got him out Friday morning.I wish I'd not have found him .

#151891 January 24th, 2006 at 12:54 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, njoynit...that is so sad..... ters

#151892 January 24th, 2006 at 05:03 AM
That is awful! I am so sorry to hear this and with all the progress he had made.

#151893 January 24th, 2006 at 08:02 AM
G
G
How awful. frown That makes me so sad. frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard