This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#151176 February 14th, 2006 at 07:23 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
They've been showing New York on the news - whew! You guys really got blasted with the white stuff, eh?

#151177 February 14th, 2006 at 07:50 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Well, mostly that was on the East part of NY..
I guess Central Park area got almost up to 2ft.. sca I was just pooped..
and am in the middle of doing my littlest wee~one's Valentines Cards' list and his 100 day counting projects...
but, I may have to do it, after they go to bed.. eek if I don't, it'll be really deeeeep out there...

#151178 February 14th, 2006 at 09:13 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
Good luck with that snow - hope it doesn't get too bad for you.

Don't know about eastern Canada - Tamara should be telling us soon.

We're just cold. It's going to be warmer for a couple of days this week, then it's dropping again - by the end of Feb it'll be up, up, up - then the winds will come, I guess.

I'm going out to B. C. Probably around the 8th of March. I'll come back about 3 weeks later. That way, I can leave in the winter and come back in the spring - ha ha!

#151179 February 15th, 2006 at 03:44 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Well, it was just up North of Buffalo this morning...
I do have to snow blow the driveways, but I'm
working up the nerve to do it..
*Its' so cold and I usually end up getting a sore throat when using that machine..*

#151180 February 15th, 2006 at 07:03 AM
I don't miss them snow dayz at ALL(well maybe the sleding part& playing in it....just not driveing& digging)

Hey weezie!Ya can ship me some in a cooler..lol just buy it some dry ice.I keep after my MIL to store me some for when she moves down....that she can just pack the deep freeze in snow and then dry ice& ill take care of the snow when she gets here...she SWEARS would be better if I just came to the snow p

Njoy!

#151181 February 15th, 2006 at 10:54 PM
That snowstorm had just missed us, we only got 8 inches. It has been snowing an inch or so everyday since. Must be getting ready to give us a good one soon.

#151182 February 15th, 2006 at 10:56 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
We are expecting record highs today..
*GOOOOO FIGURE, more goofy weather*

Then by Friday I think it is, a cold snap
is supposed to go thru and not get over 8*~15*'s..

UGH!!!! perpl perpl perpl

#151183 February 15th, 2006 at 10:58 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
oh Njoynit, I'd ship you a whole railroad car FULL,
if I could afford it..
I'd send the other half to Khaadu too,
he's looking for some in India..
his winter crops are in alot of heat right now too!!!

#151184 February 15th, 2006 at 11:08 PM
Its gonna be 80 tomorrow p
Yeah!There ya go!We'd have fun!I got a hill....I can pack the hill and sled a lOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGG way..Ya'd have to send me sleds .I left mine for the nieces& nephews.

#151185 February 15th, 2006 at 11:23 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by njoynit:
Its gonna be 80 tomorrow p
p :p p :p p :p
I can't imagine the temps' you guys will
be recieving in the summer time, if this is
what you're getting now...
Unbelievable... sca

#151186 February 16th, 2006 at 04:04 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, we are much milder here in Toronto today. But that will change - it will get cool again, then warm, then cool . . . oh boy.

It won't be long before we'll be complaining of the heat again.

Guess it's best to appreciate what we get.

Ha ha!

#151187 February 16th, 2006 at 04:11 AM
The hottest Temp I've felt in my 6 yrs was 121& I DID NOT CARE to know what the heat index was.My igunana wanted to be in the yard real bad.so I was sitting in the shade....watching him& shareing his spray bottle,while he munched through his garden I use to grow him(iguana-buffett).I also rember when was in track when lived corpus christi in early 80s.We didn't have track practice or vollyball practice cause the heat index was 136.I forget the temp,but I went to madagorda beach& surfed& later on shot some pool @ clicks cause was air conditioned.

Also remember a heavy snow in Indpls that closed roads& interstates down& was very cold.My key froze& broke in my car at work& was the 1st time hardees had ever closed due to snow emergency.(not to mention a portion of the roof feel in dineingroom& I had A snow section in the dineingroom( we did close it in with plastic..was to cold for repairs to made to roof.We shoveled snow off roof.it set records...cold& snow records same day.it actually made my mind up to move to TX B4 snow again& I was GONE oct 14& snowed my last ight.lol
Its 75 out,but getting cloudy& the winds picking up(Darn I needed to burn trash like 5 days ago..lol)

My MIL is decided to move earlier.....She's leaveing IN the 3rd.she's decided she can store things in the 5th wheel & stay in my spare room/laundry/tool room.I know what it is though....she missed sitting in my swing in yard in not too bad weather flw Thats a BIG move change from June..lol Been gone 3 weeks..lol

Weezie...did ya look in albulms at hill I'm talking bout?Its a blast rideing motorless go carts...sleds should be just as fun if not more.Maybe a semi load............

#151188 February 16th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Originally posted by njoynit:
Weezie...did ya look in albulms at hill I'm talking bout?Its a blast rideing motorless go carts...sleds should be just as fun if not more.Maybe a semi load............
okay, which album?? I can't find my way outta a wet paper bag these days... eek

The one you drive your truck up and down that
gets reallllllly muddy????

#151189 February 17th, 2006 at 12:10 PM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
Today? Freezing rain!

Tomorrow? Colder!

Brrrrrrrrrr . . .

Grrrrrrrrrr . . .

#151190 February 17th, 2006 at 12:17 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Yep.... We're under a High Wind Warning tonight
until morning I guess, supposed to be up to 60 mph. Can't wait to see what goes flyin'!!!
Here or at my mothers..

#151191 February 18th, 2006 at 10:22 AM
Yesterday we reached temps up to 50F (which is quite warm for Ontario in February), tonight, they're saying low near 4F!! Isn't that nuts?! What a drastic change!! And here I thought I'd be fishin' this weekend. nutz

#151192 February 18th, 2006 at 11:26 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Well, the high wind warnings were in effect most of the day, it was hollowing like a wolf...
My backyard looks like a war zone... with all the fallen dead branches...

Had to call the NiaMo *electric* to come get some branches off the electric lines..they would have speared some one, if they hadn't and they'd of fallen..

Thennnnnnnnnnn, we were in a Winter Storm Warning for the end of the day...It was snowing quite heavy, but I have seen lot's worse...

It's supposed to be, sub~zero temps by morning thru Saturday...

Crazy I tell ya, Crazyyyyyyyyy!!!

#151193 February 22nd, 2006 at 10:32 AM
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
According to Env. Cda., Toronto will hover around 0 for a few days.

From the looks of the chart today, we'll be up and down, up and down . . . like a toilet seat in a co-ed dorm.

Well, I'll be leaving for the west coast a week from Saturday. My daughter says she hopes they have snow in the mountains when I'm there.

Oh yeah - nice of her.

The bears will still be sleeping, she said. I was terribly sorry to hear that, y'know.

;-)

#151194 February 22nd, 2006 at 11:33 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ours is still a yo~yo..
been very cold... today it will warm up..
and then back to artic temps by the weekend.. :p
But I am glad to have winter NOW, than when I'm
wanting spring...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, have lot's and lot's of fun over there, what a treat it will be for you to go there.
*Is her weather warmer than you, what's her growing zone*

Yes, I tooooooo am terrible sad you won't get to see a bear, NOT!!!
*they could just stay sleepin' no thanks.. too scarey*

#151195 February 23rd, 2006 at 12:22 AM
wavey Hi All,

i agree the weather has been odd, Collingwood has ben up and down temperature wise, one day its 2 degrees out, which is hot for us in february and then the next day its -18 and thats not including the wind chill, but i guess being a tourist town, the snow is a good thing, or at least thats what i keep telling myself.
have a great day everyone...
penny

#151196 February 23rd, 2006 at 12:25 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Do you have skiing places where you are Penny??

#151197 February 23rd, 2006 at 12:29 AM
wavey hi there,
thats aLL Collingwood is, a ski town, we have alot of people from Toronto who come to ski, we have Blue Mountain which is the largest ski resort in Ontario, so its always busy here and in the summer we get alot of tourists from Wasaga Beach, they claim its the logest fresh water beach, so we are busy all year long, and oh ya, collingwood hosts the annual "elvis" festival every july, now thats a party!!!!
penny

#151198 February 23rd, 2006 at 12:48 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
The one I used to live behind was called,
"Blue Mont" and it was the second highest peak in Western New York,
now 30 minutes South of me, is Ellicotville that has Holiday Valley and Hollymont, and 30 mintutes North of me, we have Kissingbridge and 10 minutes down the road another one.. *private*

Another one that's about an hour away, is called Peak~n~Peak, and that's like the highest one around here...

There's lot's of skiing..

Elvis huh???
Has he left Collingwood yet?? wink wink laugh

#151199 February 23rd, 2006 at 01:00 AM
trust me, there are lots of people who wish Elvis would leave laugh you see short ones, tall ones, fat ones, kids, old folks, all different nationalities and pets dressed up, but the ones who take it seriously are great, we draw about 100 thousand people for the 5 days, we drag it out, we love our elvis....

#151200 February 23rd, 2006 at 01:49 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That's too funny!!!
You'll have to post us some photo's of it,
when it comes!!!

Well, talk about a yo~yo.......it's 45*'s and
sunnnnnnnny outside, and 85*'s in my greenhouse..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard