This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#151064 March 16th, 2006 at 09:18 AM
beebiz Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

Tomorrow morning (Thursday, March 16), my father (65 yrs. old) will be having the second open heart surgery of his life. The first one that he had was about 16 or 17 years ago, and he has done wonderful from it. He now has 4 additional blockages which have to be bypassed. And as I said, the surgery will be in the morning.

If you happen to think of us in the morning, I would certainly appreciate it if you would offer a quick prayer on my father's behalf. All that we ask God to do is to watch over and care for daddy and that God's will be done.

For those of you who will do this, I thank you so very much. And as always, my prayers are with all of the wonderful members of the GH community.

It is in Christ's name that I ask this,
Robert

#151065 March 16th, 2006 at 09:23 AM
Absolutely!

Father, please put a hedge of protection over Robert and family. You know what's in their hearts and what they need. Please keep them all close to you and watch over them. Guide them through Your will and give them all peace in Your love.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

#151066 March 16th, 2006 at 09:28 AM
Robert...I am not a Christian, but I try to live by all of His teachings...because it's the RIGHT way, no matter what. I send my blessings to you and your father, for whatever they're worth, and I'll pray in my personal way...good wishes, I guess. May everything go well, and be strong through it all. Your friend always, Dave.

#151067 March 16th, 2006 at 09:47 AM
beebiz, I'll be thinking of you and your dad also.

#151068 March 16th, 2006 at 09:53 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
angell angell angell angell angell angell angell flw

#151069 March 16th, 2006 at 10:15 AM
Robert and family;

Our Precious Heavenly Father, I humbly Thank you
for new found friends on the garden helper. tho many of us won't physically meet one another, our hearts and spirits are one in the nature you gave us to care for, And We thank you for that responsibility.
We're praying for your healing hand for Roberts Father. Please lay your hands on the surgeon,and those assisting him. Comfort Robert's Father tomarrow morning so that he can enter this surgery with a calmness that will extend to his family. I ask that your Grace and Love to this family continues with your rising sun tomarrow, and that your will be done,
Your Humble servant,Diane

#151070 March 16th, 2006 at 10:50 AM
beebiz Offline OP
OP Offline
God bless all of you. And thank you so much.

#151071 March 16th, 2006 at 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many prayers for your Dad Robert!!! My dad has to have a heart catherization done Monday and depending on what they find they'll do whatever procedure needs to be done. He's 75 and I'm worried sick about it.

May God hold your dad in his arms tomorrow. angell angell angell

What time in the morning is the procedure?

#151072 March 16th, 2006 at 11:10 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Robert...I will be praying for your dad.

Cindy

#151073 March 16th, 2006 at 11:57 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Robert,
You know I'll be saying' a prayer for your dad...
Just remember to have FAITH....and BELIEVE!!!!
kissies kissies kissies angell

#151074 March 16th, 2006 at 12:25 PM
beebiz Offline OP
OP Offline
I just wanted to check this thread one last time before I go to bed. And, I have found exactly what I expected.... no more..... no less. You guys are among the greatest people in the world!! And, I consider myself VERY blessed to be able to call you all my friends. Thank you.

Loz said:
What time in the morning is the procedure?
We don't know what time Daddy's surgery will be in the morning. He has to be at the hospital to be admitted at 5:30 AM and was told that it should start sometime within the following 4 hours. The hospital is about 75 or 80 miles from where we live, so Momma & Daddy went down to spend the night in a motel. That way they don't have such a long drive to face in the weee hours of the morning. Linda and I will have to be up about 2:30 AM so that we can leave in time to see him before they carry him to an area that we will not be allowed into.

Loz, it is my sincerest prayer that God will touch your father in a special way. And, that He will do with your father what I pray for mine. To put it in Jesus' words, "Not my will, but Thine be done." I am willing to accept God's will.... regardless what that is. After all, He ALWAYS knows best.

Loz said:
....I'm worried sick about it.
My dear, dear Loz, try your best not to worry. Remember to "consider the lillies, they don't toil nor spin. But, there's not a king with more splendor than them. Consider the sparrows, they don't plant or sow. But, they're fed by the Master who watches them grow. We have a Heavenly Father above, with eyes full of mercy, and a heart full of love. He really cares when you head is bowed low. Consider the lillies, and then you will know." If God cares enough about the lillies of the field and the sparrows in the sky to meet their needs and care for them, how much more will He do this for us.... the ones who (according to the Bible) he loves more than the Angels in Heaven!

The best thing in the world that you can do for yourself and for your father is to turn him over to God and ask that His will be done. Then ask that God grant you and everyone around you the grace to accept His will.... regardless of what that will might be.

I've got to go to bed folks.... the bell will toll very early around here. I don't know if I will be at home tomorrow night or not. But, just as soon as I am back to my computer I will let you all know how things went.

God bless and keep all of you. Good night

Robert

#151075 March 16th, 2006 at 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What amazing words Robert....I'm praying now, and I'll be praying in the morning....The power of prayer is amazing. kissies

And thank you Weezie....I'm glad your mother is finally going to the doctors...I'll bet you're relieved.

#151076 March 16th, 2006 at 03:02 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Robert praying for your dad and God to guide the Doctor's hands and mind. Also praying for strength for your mother and you and Linda. Loz will also be praying for your dad and Weezie's Mother.
Jimmy

#151077 March 17th, 2006 at 02:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Robert, just waiting for word on how things went...I've been praying! kissies

#151078 March 17th, 2006 at 03:41 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I've been thinkin' of them two all day..

My mom went to her appointment, she's just got
a little flu bug... she's a tough ole girl,
and isn't about to let a flu bug get her down...

Robert, just waiting to hear from you...
Sending strength and prayers to you two...

Laura, all go well with your dad?

And Thank~You Jimmy kissies

#151079 March 17th, 2006 at 10:12 AM
beebiz Offline OP
OP Offline
I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all of you for your kind words, wishes, and prayers. But most of all, I thank God for his love, compassion, and His answer to our prayers.

My Daddy came through his surgery just fine today. I got to see him for a few seconds before I had to leave to come home. Daddy was still unconscious, but could hear us talking to him. We could tell this because when one of us would tell him that we loved him, his heart rate would increase slightly!! thumbup His heart rate, blood pressure, and oxygen level is as good as that of a 20 year old!! thumbup But, they said he would probably have to remain on the ventilator for 12 more hours or so.

Linda and I are babysitting Mom and Dad's little dog Brandy. We had to fasten him in a 5' by 9' bathroom at about 3:30 AM, and I just got home to let him out. He was the reason that I had to leave so soon. But, Linda is staying the night with Momma and I will be going back in the morning.

Weezie, I am so very thankful that things went as well with your Mom as they did. And Loz, please remember what I said, and try your best not to worry. God already knows what is best and we need to be willing to trust and accept His judgement calls. I will be praying for your Dad, you, and your whole family. If you don't mind, PM me and let me know how things go with him.

As for my Daddy, I was willing to accept God's will..... regardless what His will was. But, I've got to admit that I am soooooo thankful that His will was to bring my Daddy through his surgery is such a stellar way. Daddy is a Southern Baptist Pastor and I'm sure God still has a sermon or two that He needs Daddy to preach!! thumbup

Again, thank all of you.... my GH friends for being just that...... my friends!! May God bless, guide, guard, and protect each and every one of you!!

#151080 March 17th, 2006 at 10:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Glad to hear this good news! thumbup

Cindy

#151081 March 17th, 2006 at 10:19 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
YES, that is very good news indeed!!!! cool kissies thumbup thumbup grinnnn angell

Thanks Robert!!!

Get some rest yourself too, sounds like you
had a veryyyyy long day!!!

#151082 March 17th, 2006 at 11:08 AM
Wonderful News!!!!! Glad to hear it!

#151083 March 17th, 2006 at 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A