This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#151041 July 13th, 2006 at 03:29 AM
OP Offline
I have seen that several people around the forum talking about gaming.

So what systems do you have?

Any online play?

What gaming preferences do you have?

Favorite game of the moment?

I got PS2 and am hooked to 'God of War', 'Balder's Gate', 'Medal of Honor's'

I also have Xbox and play online. Hooked on 'Call of Duty', 'Farcry', 'Battlefield 2' and Morrowind

I like RPG's and FP Shooters.

On PC I play MOH online and am trying to kick my addiction to Morrowind's Oblivion.

I'll PM you my Gamer's tag if interested.

#151042 July 13th, 2006 at 01:05 PM
I used to play alot untill I ran upon the gardenhelper >>> seriously!
Now I rarely play anything sometimes spider solitare, or blackjack double down on line,
or just go to yahoo games Mostly that's my grandkids thing they come over and boot up computer first thing.. and play games untill I make them get off/

#151043 July 13th, 2006 at 01:33 PM
None here, but the kids have a PS2.

#151044 July 13th, 2006 at 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally forgot to post on this topic...How could I???? I'm a die hard gamer. Always have been, always will be.

I own a PS1, PS2, and a Gameboy Advance SP.

I'm currently playing Steambot Chronicles on the PS2 and I love it because you make tons of decisions that affects the outcome of the game.

My fav games are RPGS like Final Fantasy, Arc the Lad, Kingdom Hearts.....

TombRaider 1 is my all time favorite game. I have them all.....still haven't beat the new one yet.

Mark will only play racing games so we have quite a few of those and I'm really good at them now. He hates it when I beat him! laugh

On the GBA I'm currently playing a game I bought from Amazon that has 99 different games on it. Joust, Pacman, Dig Dug, The original Mario Bros, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, etc.....it rocks!

Oh, I just bought Midway Treasures 3 the other day for the PS2.....It has my all time fav. oldie game--Bubbles....My high score on there is ridiculously high. It also has Defender 1 and 2, Sinistar, Robitron, Paperboy, Marbles, Tubin', and 12 other games.........

I don't do the online game play because I like to sit and get totally absorbed into a game by myself....and I don't want others messing up for me.

On the PC my fav games are Tycoon games....I have all the RollerCoaster Tycoon games, and Zoo Tycoon, Seaworld Adventure Tycoon 1 and 2, Mall Tycoon, etc......

I want a PS3, but I'm reading they'll be $600 when they are released! eek

#151045 July 13th, 2006 at 01:50 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
So what systems do you have?

Any online play?

What gaming preferences do you have?

Favorite game of the moment?
Only video games I ever had...
Atari
Pac Man and Frogger, 1982
shocked

#151046 July 13th, 2006 at 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that's okay Cindy, they are very good games. muggs

#151047 July 13th, 2006 at 02:10 PM
Online... POGO.Com has lots of choices and levels.

#151048 July 13th, 2006 at 02:23 PM
OP Offline
I don't do the online game play because I like to sit and get totally absorbed into a game by myself....and I don't want others messing up for me.
Loz....is this a tactful way of saying you are easy to beat??? p p laugh laugh laugh

I guess I shouldn't say that to loud.....I usually get smashed when playing Halo online and at times MOH online with my PC with all the clan run games.

#151049 July 14th, 2006 at 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh laugh Actually I'm pretty darned good at gaming wink , and very competetive.....I just like to hunker down and play by myself.....

When the first TombRaider came out we had a massive snowstorm....Me and Mark stayed up all day and night playing it....that was the most fun I've had playing a game, when he had to go back to work he was so mad....because I got to stay home and play. laugh

#151050 July 15th, 2006 at 12:15 AM
I have a PS2 ...No online games though...

We love the RPG's and horror games..

He loves all the sports and racing games..
Right now we are playing Dragon Quest 8 Pretty good game already have 57 hours into it and it is only half over!!

#151051 August 1st, 2006 at 04:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm playing a cool game right now! It's called GUN and it's a western!!!

Well I bought it for Mark for Xmas, but couldn't wait to give it to him.....now I'm playing it as much as he is....It's perfect for him because I think he'd go back and live in that time period if he could.

Right now I'm breaking someone out of a prison and just had to steal 3 horses under a bridge for our escape! laugh Plus you get to play Poker, Dig for gold, and hunt down people in Wanted posters. thumbup

#151052 August 1st, 2006 at 06:27 AM
OP Offline
I looked at that one a few times....I think my little brother has it.

I'll have to give it a 'shot'. lala laugh laugh

#151053 August 1st, 2006 at 06:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pretty cool Mater! You should give it a "shot"! laugh Quite violent though with all the shooting, but it's still a neat game...it really is just like a Western.

#151054 August 1st, 2006 at 07:03 AM
I am a a Scrabble and word freak...not to much online, except with a few I know. My son plays ps2 games hooked to pc online though/

#151055 August 1st, 2006 at 08:04 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Online Pogo.com. On my PC I have about 10,000 to 20,000 games. I have EVERY game ever made for the Super Nintendo and last week I downloaded EVERY game ever made for the Sega Genesis. I also have ALL the Nintendo 64 games but need a better controller to play them. Play statio Roms and Emulators don't work very well on a PC so I really don't have much there.

I like the Monster Rancher series and I have ALL the Sid Meiers Civilization series. I love RPG and puzzle games and have many of the Real Arcade and Reflexive Arcade games on my computer, too. For online gaming I visit Furcadia.com, where I play three characters: a black rabbit with red eyes named, Kaninchen (German for "bunny"; he's my Id), an albino mouse named, Thornius Weatherpink (of course, my Ego), and finally an Eohippus (primitive horse) named D'ourves, who is a chef/waiter (Horse D'orves, my Superego) Furcadia is a live chat, role playing site where every member creates a fully manipulative anthropomorphic character that you control all the actions of. You can make them walk sit, lie, swim, climb, pick up and carry objects. You play as a mouse, rabbit, cat, dog, horse, weasel, skunk, squirrel, or optional dragon, phoenix, or gryphon character. You design their fur, eyes, hair, markings and clothes color and their sex. The site is free and I know several people who met on line there, dated on there, and eventually got together and got married in real life even though they lived on different continents. The site is Furcadia.com.

#151056 August 1st, 2006 at 08:20 AM
W
W
The original, tabletop, PONG. Takes 4-dcell batteries.

Atari 2600

Sega but the controllers only work sporadically

Nintendo64, Castlevania has been my bane, can't get past the stupid gardener. South Park is a blast, for adults only, and a few cocktails make it even better, if someone has SP and doesn't want it PM me.

PC games- Magic the Gathering, 1995. It's a pace I can handle, Missile Command. Don't care for too much keyboard work, wrists/hands and such.

And of course the MtG cardgame, have most cards up through Ice Age and a few expansions past that.

#151057 August 1st, 2006 at 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see another game player! thumbup

I'm somewhat of a PS2 addict. :rolleyes:

And Thorny I'm going to check out that Furcadia. thumbup

#151058 August 1st, 2006 at 09:48 AM
this is a really interesting post.
i had no idea....i am just sitting here literally with my mouth hanging open.
theres someplace online where you can go be a black rabbit with red eyes???how does that work?
what is RPG? FP shooters?
if i go to that website can i look around and try stuff without having to sign up for the spam parade?
my grandboys have that playstation thing but they have motorcycles to race and cars to crash mostly that i have seen.
i used to be totally happy with my little coleco game, Lady Bug on our intellevision game for the tv, but the controls wore out so its in a box with the other things we invested in like beta-max and flowbee...lol

#151059 August 1st, 2006 at 10:36 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Furcadia.com is more for people in their LATE teens upwards, but yes, you can beany number of different species of animals. Thornius Weatherpink, one of my characters is an albino mouse with pink eyes. He is middle-aged and almost blind when under the sun or bright lights. He is a diplomat with a fondness for gourmet cheeses and wines and is a very UNSUCCESSFUL dabbler in magic. You can chat normally about your real self like we do here or you can take on the character and personna of your character.

#151060 August 1st, 2006 at 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I signed up on there as Proloz. I'm a Pink Bunny! laugh It was a little confusing to me though, I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going...I mean I see all the areas that you go to, but I don't know what to do while I'm there. perpl

#151061 August 1st, 2006 at 11:04 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
You do what ever you want to, LOZ. It's a, "Bang! Bang! You're dead!.......Oh! You got me!" type of format. Sit down at a cafe and talk to someone. Type in what you want to say and hit enter. yOU AND THEY CAN SEE WHAT YOU TYPE AND CAN ANSWER YOU INSTANTLY. move your cursor on someone and when it turns into an eye click on them. It will tell you their name and you can read their description.

#151062 August 1st, 2006 at 11:28 AM
OP Offline
Interesting......

A FP shooter stands for a 'first person shooter'
for the simplest discription, it is a 3d game that is seen from a persons own eyes. (you are looking through the characters eyes and cannot see most of the characters body.)

RPG is a Role Playing Game. It is more interactive and allows for much more choices in playing. Sometimes these games are free roaming where you have a continent that you can freely travel over without 'unlocking' places. The game of Morrowind comes to mind.

#151063 August 1st, 2006 at 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I LOVE rpg's.....I've just never played one online before. I'm more of a sit by myself and play kind of girl. thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard