This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14978 September 9th, 2004 at 03:29 AM
L
lilitu Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So I've had this fuchsia for a while...and she was sad(Spider mites) ...and then better-blooming & pretty and recovering), then sad (more spider mites!!!! along w/ aphids), then getting better again...or so I thought. I had soaked her w/ soap & water, all the buggies were gone, so I wanted to move her out of the garage into a more lit area...unfortunately i did not choose the area wisely and it got more sun than I thought...while the plant still had some water on it's leaves...which of course got burned and shrivelled up. So I moved her inside to a nice general windowsill area that didn't get much sun. And she's been getting new leaves and started getting new buds! But then the buds have been mysteriously browning at the stem and then just dropping off! What is this from? It's been almost a couple months since the burning leaf incident, and she seems to like her little spot near the window. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!!

lilitu

#14979 September 12th, 2004 at 03:45 AM
K
KDH Offline
K
Possibly, after the too much sun exposure, she needed more sun to sustain the buds. Possibly you should have exposed her to more sun gradually. This is only my best guess, however, once the buds began, you should have given the plant Duh more sun..Execllent fertilizer also helps with the formation of flowers.

Best of Luck to You.

Karen

Link Copied to Clipboard