This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148944 January 10th, 2006 at 10:04 PM
OP Offline
Since we were talking about butterflies last night, I dug out the pictures I had from Amy's bat mitzvah of the butterfly that stayed on her finger after being released from the centerpiece. cool

The photographer neglected to take a picture of the centerpieces, so my wonderful uncle, always with camera in hand after having owned a camera store, was sure to get one! kissies

Amy with butterfly on finger. Yes, that is me next to her!
Don't ya love her expression here?
[Linked Image]

No matter how gently she shook her finger, or blew at him to leave,
he just stayed on her finger as if he knew it was HER special day! kissies
[Linked Image]

One of the centerpieces -
can you see the 2 monarchs inside the netting?
[Linked Image]

#148945 January 10th, 2006 at 10:13 PM
That is so cool, Lynne. thanks for sharing the pics.
!Tina

#148946 January 10th, 2006 at 10:14 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Lynne...those are the most precious pics...that butterfly staying on her finger was so neat. And that was a way neat idea of the netting to accomidate the butterflies...I hop Nana zips through here and sees this. I can't believe you haven't posted these before now!!!!

~V~

#148947 January 10th, 2006 at 10:18 PM
OP Offline
Vanessa - remind my poor, sick brain please...
what is Nana's connection with butterflies? Duh

Guess I was a bit internet shy about posting pics of me before? shocked thumbup

#148948 January 10th, 2006 at 10:20 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Cool...!
You and Amy are both so pretty!
Now I know what you look like!

I can't believe you haven't posted these before now!!!!
Yeah...what else are you keeping from us?
I love to see people's pictures! grinnnn

#148949 January 10th, 2006 at 10:26 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Now I know what you look like!
You know...I was thinking about that. I always have a "picture" in my mind what I think people look like by their posts as you get to know them. ...and am ususally pretty good at being on the right track. So far the ones I have been WAY off was G~Mom and Mary Mary...the most accurate ones were Triss and the crazy bird lady and Sherry. I was close on Lynne but for some reason I didn't picture her with dark hair...more of a lighter brunette..

~V~

#148950 January 10th, 2006 at 10:28 PM
OP Offline
ummmmm - gee, Vanessa -
is it 'cause I'm a bit more on the "blonde" side of thinking?!? laugh Duh
nutz

#148951 January 10th, 2006 at 10:33 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
ummmmm - gee, Vanessa -
is it 'cause I'm a bit more on the "blonde" side of thinking?!?
Now Lynne...I WAS trying HARD to word that so that thought wouldn't pop up!!!! laugh But..no...O really didn't have you pictured as a "blonde"..and I don't know how to really describe the color accurately except it was the same as my sis...and most people refer to her hair color as strawberry blonde....but it is more of a golden color to me...

~V~

#148952 January 10th, 2006 at 10:35 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Most people tell me that my voice does not "fit" me. If I talk to someone on the phone and then meet them...they usually tell me that they had me pictured very different than what they had pictured from my voice...

~V~

#148953 January 11th, 2006 at 12:23 AM
I got here to see the pics- wonderful and love the centerpieces.... what a good idea ! They have the Butterfly Pavillion here and they sell the butterflies to people for celebrations- if we had done the wedding it was one of our idea to do too- would have copied that in a minute... did you make them or did a florist? Who knows since they are talking again- Teresa and her ex fiance there might be a wedding eventually..... just want them to be very sure of themselves and get some counseling beforhand..... lots of it!
Nana

#148954 January 11th, 2006 at 02:14 AM
Thanx for sharing those awesome pics, Lynne! kissies Pretty, pretty girl (& her Mom, too!) Lovely arrangements & everyone looks so happy! thumbup

#148955 January 11th, 2006 at 02:22 AM
Oh Lynne ~ the two of you are lovely!

And, Miss Amy is the spitting image of her Mama. So I did good naming her "Leaflet", sight unseen, didn't I?!?!?

Two peas in a pod...

Oh and I had always pictured you a bit taller and darker in hair color, until you described yourself.

Merme

#148956 January 11th, 2006 at 03:36 AM
Lynne. Those pics are great! You and Amy are both beautiful!

#148957 January 11th, 2006 at 03:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very cool picture Lynne!!! wavey

#148958 January 11th, 2006 at 06:42 AM
OP Offline
shocked awww shucks, you guys... shocked

And, Miss Amy is the spitting image of her Mama. So I did good naming her "Leaflet", sight unseen, didn't I?!?!?

Two peas in a pod...

Oh and I had always pictured you a bit taller and darker in hair color, until you described yourself.
Merme - I have to tell you... you and only 1 other person have ever said that we look alike. Amy is actually the SPITTING IMAGE of her father, nose and all!!! laugh Only thing we really have in common is our height, and the size of our... well... you know... shocked laugh

But... I still LOVE the name Leaflet!!! Duh

#148959 January 11th, 2006 at 06:55 AM
Lynne...
Merme - I have to tell you... you and only 1 other person have ever said that we look alike. Amy is actually the SPITTING IMAGE of her father, nose and all!!!
Either way, you're both very pretty.
Those butterflies are so cool...I am very much into butterfly gardening, and I'm gearing up to specialize in butterfly and bird gardening, plus shade gardening, with my landscape business. thumbup

#148960 January 11th, 2006 at 06:59 AM
Sorry, I just had to add more...
Don't ya love her expression here?
Yes! That is such a complex expression on her face! Surprise, delight, disbelief...I could go on and on! And it tells us so much about her personality! What a great kid. wink

#148961 January 11th, 2006 at 07:30 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Lynne, those pictures are priceless. I hope you have a big one in a gorgeous frame displayed in your home, so that when Amy's mood is dark, you can BOTH remember brighter times, and know that they will come around again.

You are both very beautiful, and your spirits shine through in those photos. kissies

#148962 January 11th, 2006 at 11:00 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Lynne..I kept thinking that Amy reminded me of "someone"...but I couldn't place who...so I kept looking back at the pic and finall figured it out. If you were to draw little wings on her..she looks exactly like the pictures you see of little fairy angels....you know like you see in story books or something...that is exactly it! It was driving me crazy...

~V~

#148963 January 11th, 2006 at 11:21 AM
OP Offline
Vanessa - that has to be one of the sweetest things that anyone has ever said about her! kissies I just had to show her what you wrote!

At first she was annoyed with me for posting pictures of her - especially "such old ones"! They are only 2 1/2 years old. But after she read your comment, she smiled and said that was interesting!

Thank you so much for sharing your impression with us -
I think it made her day! kissies

#148964 January 11th, 2006 at 11:27 AM
Lynne ~ while you have never given a specific description of yourself from head to toe, you HAVE made comments from time to time, that I have remembered.

And, I must say, in all your remarking, you never did yourself justice!

Merme

#148965 January 11th, 2006 at 11:33 AM
OP Offline
Guess I can clean up pretty well then, huh Merme? Duh wink shocked

Good thing they didn't see me out in the garden after 2-3 hours of sweaty laboring! laugh

#148966 January 11th, 2006 at 12:49 PM
What pretty people you both are. I think that Amy looks like Julie Roberts. Those butterfly arrangements are something else, too...

It's so nice to be able to put a face to your name now...

Dianna

#148967 January 11th, 2006 at 01:43 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Vanessa - that has to be one of the sweetest things that anyone has ever said about her!
Well..that was making me crazy because I was thinking that it must be "someone" that she was reminding me of...but I couldn't for the life of me match a person...so when I came back and took a good look...it hit me square in the face. My neice is an artist and he rfavorite artwork is of fairies (and she collects them as well) And that was it...that was what she reminded me of. In those pictures...she looks like she needs to be in one of the Lord of the Rings movies or something...her hair is done perfect for the fairy part!! thumbup

~V~

#148968 January 11th, 2006 at 09:27 PM
OP Offline
oooooh, Vanessa - I would love to see some of your niece's artwork sometime!

By the way... most of the girls here had their hair done similarly for their own bat mitzvahs. Let me tell you... I had to pay $45 THREE times for that!!! Once to try it out - she wore it that day to a friend's bat mitzvah, once for pictures for her own - we are not allowed to take pictures in Temple on the day of the service, and then for the actual day!
HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!?

Amy also likes fairies very much, and has a small collection. Have you ever seen Amy Brown's fairy pictures? They are so whimsical and different from most other fairies. They are more teen-like, and older - some bordering on risque. They often have animal whimsy in them as well. She has a webstie that I won't post a link to in case of problems, but if you like, you can go to Amybrownart.com

Dianna - how are you?
Interesting that you think she looks like Julia Roberts - first time we've heard that.
When she cut her hair the day after her bat mitzvah, many people said that she looked just like Ashley Simpson (before Ashley started doing weird hair colors!).

Link Copied to Clipboard