This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14859 January 18th, 2004 at 05:47 PM
G
Gale Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We just moved to GA last winter and planted roses in spring. When we lived in S. Calif. we had to force our roses into winter rest by pulling off all the leaves and cutting them back. When we lived in KY and NC they did this them Duh Duh selves and I cut them back in spring. I had assumed it was cold enough here that I would not have to do anything till spring. But it seemes the leaves are all still there and it is still growing. Should I strip them, or are they getting enough rest?

#14860 January 18th, 2004 at 08:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
gale, it really depends on where in georgia you are. if you are in zone 7 that would mean you are somewhere north of macon, or even atlanta, so, no, you do not have to do anything to them. what i would do (and usually do, is after one of the really cold snaps that last a couple of weeks (that will usually kill the leaves) i cut my rose back to what ever height i want it that year. but even in the years i have done nothing, the are just fine. so, no, you don't have to strip yours into a forced winter.

Link Copied to Clipboard