This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148429 September 4th, 2006 at 02:53 AM
OP Offline
Well..we made it to Arkansas....errr...after a few (too many) wrong turns. shocked I was SOOOO relieved when we finally pulled in! And the visit made every thing soooo worth it! Yesterday with Comfrey was the highlight of our trip..most definitely!!! They made us feel right at home!
Her home was so pleasant and peaceful..and all her pets runnin' around were adorable!! They all got along so well together. Even the cats and her free range chicken got along!

[Linked Image]

I fell in love with all her kittens! Here's a pic of one of her many. Way too cute!

[Linked Image]

The entire day was non-stop conversation and laughter. Everyone hit it off very well!

Me and Comfrey

[Linked Image]

Me and Comfrey's friend Carl (what a sweetheart he was!!!! smile )

[Linked Image]

We ate a wonderful dinner there. Steak, corn on the cob, pork and beans and Comfrey brought out her homemade sweet pepper relish and pickled jalapenos....YUM!

[Linked Image]

We're already planning on returning in November so we can stay longer. Comfrey says she knows of some great fishing holes and apparently it's still warm enough there in November to fish.
There's just so much to say about the visit..I'm sure I'll be adding more to this thread! We had such a wonderful time...it's seems too good to be true...I still can't get over that I finally got to meet Comfrey. Thank-you Comfrey..for everything!!! kissies

ooooooooooh, I'm so glad you all had such a fun time, Christina! clp

Everyone looks great!
Thanks for sharing this visit with us!

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, cool!
I love when forum members meet!
It's like you've known them forever.

You got more pictures??? grinnnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like you had such an awesome time! I didn't even know the 2 of you were meeting up so this is a nice surprise. thumbup

OP Offline
Here's a pic of Comfrey and Carl. The beer bottles aren't ours...somebody just left them there..can you believe that? lala

[Linked Image]

Here's a good pic of the smiles and laughter that filled the day. We hadn't bothered cleaning up those empties yet..we hardly noticed them after awhile. laugh

[Linked Image]

Looks like a great time was had by all! I wish someone would come o the beach! eek

Seriously, you guys look so happy! Looking forward to more pics! thumbup

I took a few pictures also, but I'm moving slow today, so later I'll download them from my camera and try to post a couple. I enjoyed the visit very much and Christina surprised us with many gifts. We had a great time!

clp clp Nice to see you Comfrey and Christina!! Looks like a great time you had empty beer bottles and all lala laugh laugh

What fun!!! Thanks for posting the pictures, Christina...looks like y'all had a great time. wink It's good to see Comfrey's critters, too.

So happy to read this! Keep it coming , Christina and Comfrey!

(Christina, Did you call her comfrey the whole time? laugh )

Great, thanks for posting the pictures. Glad you both had a wonderful time. thumbup

Here's another one of Christina & Carl
[Linked Image]

Here's one of Carl..he is my garden buddy and DH & him have a beer together. Carl wanted to say "Howdy" to everyone.
[Linked Image]

Here are a few of the gifts brought by Christina

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And a few more gifts

[Linked Image]

And Elvis stuff for DH he is a huge Elvis fan

[Linked Image]

We had a great time, the visit was just too short. I hope that she will be able to come back and stay for a few days in the future. The one bad thing was that when Christina started playing with all of my pets, it made her miss hers even more, which is very understandable. My buddy Carl really liked Christina and has told everyone in the county about her already I think laugh laugh laugh

Oh what a wonderful visit! Love all the pics, it looks like you all had a really good time!!! Thanks for sharing with us all!

How great!!!Thanks for showing your pics...How fun to meet each other...cannot wait too! looks so fun! enjoyed the pics:-)

OP Offline
(Christina, Did you call her comfrey the whole time? )
laugh I was good...I called her by her name but I practiced for days before hand! laugh
We finally made it home. It sure is nice to be home but I still can't stop talking and thinking about our visit!
Comfrey is absolutely amazing! A beautiful person! I just wait to go back!

Thanks for sharing your visit with us Christina thumbup thumbup thumbup

J
J
What! NO garden pictures?!

My garden is all done..nothing but weeds and dead plants to clean up.

Wow! I'm so glad to hear that you guys had a great time!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard