This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#148407 June 6th, 2006 at 03:02 PM
OP Offline
I am so glad to be home, though I enjoyed our honeymooning vacation.

Jiffy, Scott, and Kate met us at the Cracker Barrel close to their house. It was the first time to meet Jiffy's husband and daughter. They are just as sweet as she is. We hope to go back sometime soon to tour Savannah with Jiffy's guidance.

We met Karen (Gardenmom)in Jacksonville. She is a zany, crazy lady with a great sense of fun. We are hoping to be able to schedule a time with her to go ghost-busting.

I would love to meet more of my forum friends! The ones I have been able to connect with are the same in real life as on line.

I will post some pictures of our vacation after I get them re-sized for the board tomorrow. I have been running, running, running since we got home...

Dianna

#148408 June 6th, 2006 at 03:08 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Nice to see you, Dianna!
I can't wait to see your pictures!

#148409 June 6th, 2006 at 03:13 PM
Dianna - so glad you enjoyed your trip so much!

We saw some nice pictures of you and Jiffy and family, and G-mom. It's so wonderful that you all were able to get together.

When you're settled in a bit, I have some questions for you about the hoya you sent last summer. It's growing great by the way - thanks again! kissies

#148410 June 7th, 2006 at 02:41 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Isn't it a hoot meeting our forum friends Mz Dixie? And you hit it about G~Mom...crazy zanie ladie! Glad to hear you had a great time...

~V~

#148411 June 7th, 2006 at 02:49 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Glad to see you back! Looking forward to the pics!

#148412 June 7th, 2006 at 04:23 AM
Glad you made it home safely Dianna and that you had a good time. Looking forward to your pics!

#148413 June 7th, 2006 at 05:37 AM
Glad to see you back Dianna and that you had a great time. Looking forward to see your pictures. thumbup

#148414 June 7th, 2006 at 07:02 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Dianna glad you enjoyed your trip and seeing G-Mom and Jiffy and family. Glad your home safe.

#148415 June 8th, 2006 at 11:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad ya'll made it home safely,Dianna kissies

It sure was great meeting ya'll thumbup Would love to get together again,when you have more time.

Can't wait to see the pics!

#148416 June 9th, 2006 at 12:19 AM
OP Offline
The first two have already been posted, I think. I just wanted to add my comments to them. I will be splitting pictures up in posts to break them up a bit...

[Linked Image]

Jiffy, Scott, and Kate met us at the Cracker Barrel at an exit off of I-95. It sure helped us to keep from getting lost. Kate is a lovely, sweet young lady. Scott was very nice and friendly. Jiffy was Jiffy, of course. Sweet, kind, personable...Need I say more? It felt like sitting down with old friends chatting with them before we left...

[Linked Image]

Karen, also, met us off I-95 to keep us from getting lost. I knew from reading her posts that I would like her, but she exceeded my expectations. I knew she was going to be fun, but I didn't expect to be laughing the whole time we were visiting. I really enjoyed sitting and chatting with her about one of our common interests. Ghosts! I can't wait to schedule a trip to go back and do some investigating with her.

I was very sunburned in the pictures above from mowing that Friday before we left. I couldn't stand for anything to touch my shoulders or the tops of my legs. Jim bought me four of those "romper" things to wear until I healed. It took a couple of days and a lot of aloe vera lotion but I managed to dress "properly" before we came home. Of course, the rompers would be just the thing to wear in a beach setting, but I sorta felt naked... shocked

Dianna

#148417 June 9th, 2006 at 12:29 AM
OP Offline
My first view of the Gulf Coast came through the window. I could not believe how green the ocean was and how white the sand. Very beautiful beaches in Florida, I tell ya!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We stayed at Club Destin, the time-share that Jim had before we married.

[Linked Image]

To be continued...

Dianna

#148418 June 9th, 2006 at 12:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep'em coming,Dianna clp

#148419 June 9th, 2006 at 12:46 AM
OP Offline
The first couple of days we didn't do too much walking in the sun because I didn't need to get sunburned on top of my sunburn. We did a lot of shopping during the day and did our beach walking after the sun went down.

Tuesday night we went out to a nightclub to sing karaoke. We met another friend from another forum (karaoke board).

[Linked Image]

We sang a duet together...

[Linked Image]

And had her husband take a picture of the three of us for the other board...

[Linked Image]

As most of you know, I am a kj. I love to sing and don't get the chance too often at my own shows. It was a pleasure meeting a karaoke enthusiast in person and having the chance to sing with her...

Continuing...

Dianna

#148420 June 9th, 2006 at 12:52 AM
OP Offline
Wednesday, we took the chance to just pop on the beach for a picture or two. Didn't stay long because of my previous sunburn...

[Linked Image]

I had just gotten finished taking my thumbs out of my ears, making faces, when Jim snapped this one.

[Linked Image]

Of course, Jim behaved better! As usual...

We went out to eat with some of his old friends later that evening. It was the first time I had ever been to T G I Fridays and I really enjoyed it. His friends were very nice to me. I think they accepted the wife change he had had since the last time he saw them...

Dianna

#148421 June 9th, 2006 at 01:20 AM
OP Offline
Our last night of the beach we finally made use of this...

[Linked Image]

They had all kinds of plants around the indoor pool and hot tub. The water in the Gulf was 84*, the water in the pool 86*, and the hot tub had 103* water in it.

The next morning we got up a little bit earlier to take one more stroll on those beautiful beaches...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I was so glad to get home, but I wish we could have stayed longer. I would have loved to meet Dusty and the rest of our Florida friends!

Angel was so happy to see us drive up at my aunt's to pick her up. She enjoyed visiting with Lil' Roy and Mollie (Aunt Bonnie's two Jack Russell's), but she enjoys being an only child and getting undivided attention. wink

Dianna

#148422 June 9th, 2006 at 01:26 AM
Dianna great pictures, where in the gulf coast did you stay. When I went a long time ago. We stayed in St.Petersburg. The beaches are beautiful just as I remember them. thumbup

#148423 June 9th, 2006 at 01:35 AM
OP Offline
Lisa, we stayed at Destin Beach. It is very pretty around there.

Jim said it had grown up a lot since the last time he was there. Now there are condos where the beaches were. We had to walk down a private walk in between condos to get to Club Destin's designated beach...

Dianna

#148424 June 9th, 2006 at 03:27 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
How gorgeous! And I am impressed at how good you look in rompers there Miss Dixie. Please watch those sunburns though.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

#148425 June 10th, 2006 at 04:05 AM
Dianna,

Those are awesome pics. And your commentary makes me feel like I was along for the ride! HOW FUN!!! So glad you had such a good time!

Link Copied to Clipboard