This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#148238 September 16th, 2006 at 04:40 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi

I was just kicking back on a Friday afternoon and surfed into this part of the forum.

Is there anyoine out there that is into building and decorating dollhouses? I would like to chat with you...

I have a one inch scale Cambridge (Victorian) by DuraCraft....Check out my photos on the bucket....
I have some dollhouse furniture to trade if interested.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Charlotte

#148239 September 16th, 2006 at 04:57 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
That is AWESOME! shk

#148240 September 16th, 2006 at 06:48 AM
What a fantastic job you did!!!!

#148241 September 16th, 2006 at 02:42 PM
That is beautiful. I seen this when you first joined. My daughter would be in heaven. thumbup

#148242 September 16th, 2006 at 06:52 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the compliments on the dollhouse....I would like to get others intersted in the hobby as it is great fun, decorating and then taking the photos...

Here's a few mre photos I would love to show them all...lol

miniatures are awesome...I find myself checking out tiny things wherever i go....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#148243 September 18th, 2006 at 07:36 PM
Absloutley stunning!!!!!

#148244 September 18th, 2006 at 07:56 PM
Beautiful!

Dianna

#148245 September 19th, 2006 at 05:07 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks all,

I'm hoping to possibly get someone out there that's interested in miniatures and dollhouses....anyone out there .... lol
Eventually this dollhouse will be place on a platform and landscaped with a gazebo and in ground pool. The house will have landscaped lawn like a real house. smile

[Linked Image]

This table will go on the patio wink

Charlie

#148246 September 19th, 2006 at 06:27 AM
Kratz......

Your really good at that..........

i am jealous.........

;o)

dodge ......all i have is some Boyd bears. laugh

#148247 September 19th, 2006 at 06:53 AM
WOW, that is awesome work. Looks beautiful!!!

#148248 September 20th, 2006 at 06:11 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to get back in touch to say Thanks ...

Having one Boyd's Bear is certainly a start... I love Boyd Bears as you can see... alot of the "people " that live in the dollhouse are Boyd's Mini bears, they about 2" tall and fit very well. I really don't care for most of the dollhouse families.....so I chose my own...lol

[Linked Image]
]
[Linked Image] all but the pink one are Boyd's Bears....

It only takes one or two minis to get started...it makes a great winter project and they are even more fun to decorate........lol

feel free to check out my dollhouse on the bucket as I will be adding more...

Kratz7

#148249 September 20th, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Kratz

Where did you get the house?

i love the Victoria .......

dodge

#148250 September 22nd, 2006 at 04:50 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
I bought the dollhouse years ago at Frank's Nursery and Crafts. They were in our local area back then and used to have great sales on dollhouses and all the furniture to go in it. They since left the area, I'm not sure if they just closed some stores or closed the entire company.
The dollhouse itself is made by Dura Craft....the model is the Cambridge, it was discontined a few years after we bought it , but they have similar styles to mine.
I thought about building another on but hubby just giggles when I bring up the idea...so I think I'll wait and buy the 1 car garage and build that when we have a place to set the dollhouse up and display it on a bigger platform.
Then I will have my landscaping and gazebo and inground pool.
If you decide to build a dollhouse may I reccomend Dura Craft as they are a super fantastic company to work with, as they ultimately want you to finish the house.
So, even if you mess something up(beyond repair) all you would need to do would be to call them and they replaace whatever parts you need free of charge. I goofed twice (one small goof and when my second floor sub-floor got warped after it was all assembled) and both times they were friendly, helpful and sent the parts to me in a timely fashion.
I can't say enough of how awesome this company is.
Dollhouses and miniatures is alot of fun...I've been into it for many years and I've had a blast with it. Now it's alot of fun to decorate the house for holidays....
which was my original intention.My hubby has alot of the plants and trees. I will eventually scarf and use for the landscaping part.

Kratz7

I hope someone will be interested in this hobby sometime,

#148251 September 22nd, 2006 at 07:12 PM
Kratz

Thanks, I been looking online at Dura craft .. Houses are pretty expensive......But ..who knows.

Later after frost.......

Yours is awesome........Let us see the christmas decorations when you do it ..........I learn a lot on here.
;o)
dodge

#148252 September 23rd, 2006 at 07:05 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Dodge,

The Dura Craft dollhouse is well worth the money as I previously posted about their guarantee. I would buy another in a heartbeat. They are a the best....
You Go Girl....I hope you decide to build one.....It was alot of work, but it has been fun too

There's a great catalog/website called Hobby Builder's Supply if you want to check out their dollhouses..... and other miniatures....you can get just about anything that you can buy for your real house in mini
Feel free to check out my photos on the web too and I will put up photos of the dollhouse decprated fot the holidays........ I had a teacher/carpenter male the plexi-glass doors for the back of house....he did a beautiful job.... [Linked Image] notice the lighter color wood, I'm unsure wether to paint it or leave it natural...any suggestions?

[Linked Image]

Kratz7

#148253 September 23rd, 2006 at 07:24 AM
Kratz,

I have a close friend who is into dolls, and I would love to show this stuff to her......

I know she would love it.........She doesnt have a computer.........
dodge

#148254 September 23rd, 2006 at 09:12 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Dodge,

Feel free to print the photos I could snd you more if you would like I have a few more rooms and things...

Let me know....
I love to share my passions....lol

[Linked Image]

You can also go onto my photobucket page and print from there...I just added some more photos

[Linked Image]

#148255 September 28th, 2006 at 09:47 AM
G
G
When I was seven I built my own doll house from an old book shelf. My parents had done some re-modelling, so I asked for the extra pieces of wall paper, carpets and some fabric. I picked up accesories for the house at the store. I've since passed it on to my sister and she passed it on to our cousins. I'd love to make another house one day, maybe when my boys are older (they are 1 and 3 at the moment). Your house is just gorgeous. I can only imagine the amount of time and effort that has gone into it. I loved looking at your pictures wink

#148256 October 2nd, 2006 at 05:10 AM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone... The dollhouse did take a long time to build, but it was well worth the effort as my hubby and I biult it together for the most part and that was quality time well spent. I would love to have someone else to talk to about the dollhouse hobby, If your boys are that young, then your hands are full with being a mommy...I can respect that, maybe in a few years you could get into the hobby, but for now..I'm with you enjoy your children they are only little once.

I truly enjoy decorating the dollhouse for holidays....that was my intention to decorate....
I'll be decorating for halloween very soon....stay tuned....
enjoy your evening

Charlotte

[Linked Image]

#148257 October 2nd, 2006 at 06:24 AM
Charlette,

You 2 sound like beautiful people.

Your correct in the children part.

Enjoy your wonderful hobby.. We are all different .

dodge.

#148258 October 30th, 2006 at 09:47 AM
B
B
Originally posted by Kratz7:
Thanks for all the compliments on the dollhouse....I would like to get others intersted in the hobby as it is great fun, decorating and then taking the photos...

Here's a few mre photos I would love to show them all...lol

miniatures are awesome...I find myself checking out tiny things wherever i go....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Hi, there! I've been a garden helper gal for a while...only, I've been a little *weedy* with being around lately!!!!!

I love dollhouses...I have a little cottage I'm working on ....it's so sweet! I'm making it into a little bunny cottage...pink for spring...and lots of bunnies!

Any ideas for this cottage is very welcome!!! hehehe...I am very interested in figuring out how to make inexpensive things to make that little cottage a home for bunnies!

I want to do this inexpensively....as this will be a little present for a little girl I babysit. I have many crafts going on...so I have a lot of craft type things to use!

Any advice would be most welcome.
Barb

#148259 October 30th, 2006 at 09:29 PM
absolutly beautiful!!

#148260 November 4th, 2006 at 10:16 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there,

I would love to see some photos of the little cottage. How old is the little girl that will be recieving it? I'm sure she will love it and the woman who gave it.
I have been working on my dollhouse for years, it's an on-going process.
I have surfed the internet for printable dollhouse walllpaper then printed it on cardstock. This is much less expensive and the fun of surfing and seeing all that is out is great.
http://www.kawarthalakesminis.com/printables1.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+printable+dollhouse+wallpaper&btnG=Google+Search

I hope this info helps you...
If I can be of any help please let me know
This is a direct link to my photo bucket dollhouse pages
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Dollhouse/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#148261 November 5th, 2006 at 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
barb, post some pics!! it's so much easier to come up with ideas when you know what you're working with!!

charlotte, i've been looking for a couple of things on ebay lately...and in every search i do, there is at least one thing that's a minature for dollhouses!!! some really cute things, too! hope you've taken a look there.

you too, barb! you may find some things for that cottage!!

#148262 November 5th, 2006 at 08:22 PM
Kratz7 Offline OP
OP Offline
Good morning,

I have looked on ebay...but let's just say I'm sqeamish about giving alot of info out over the net, So I actually prefer real stores or catalogs and hard copies and snail mail. Maybe in the future I will get a little braver and try ebay but for now I'll just look....something will eventually catch my eye and will be a have to have item....then maybe I'll do the ebay thing. Thanks for the heads up though....

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard