This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146837 February 7th, 2006 at 11:18 PM
Wizzard Offline OP
OP Offline
just felt like sharing one of my hobbies. its almost income tax time, so i may get to build a new bicycle!! the bicycles i build are a bit unconventional. they're currently still in prototype stage, but you can get an idea of what im working towards... maybe.
oh, they are known as recumbent bikes. for nearly 3 years my wife and i rode bicycles exclusively. we had a car, but did not use or insure it. it just sat in the driveway. then we were going to have another baby, and had to fire up the car again. but now the baby is 6 months old. this summer, he will be able to ride in a pull behind trailer and we are considering going back to the bicycle. this time we are going to add a bit of electric assist on the bicycles to get a boost on the uphills, (or when we get tired).
anyways, just thought i would share. ill post a couple pics from 2 years ago, when we were riding alot, so you can see the bikes grinnnn

my wife pulling my son
[Linked Image]

me on "scrape"
[Linked Image]

me on a short wheelbase
[Linked Image]

#146838 February 9th, 2006 at 12:28 AM
Does your back get sore on a recumbant bike? I have a hernia that I can imagine popping out every time I pedaled.

#146839 February 9th, 2006 at 09:59 PM
Wizzard Offline OP
OP Offline
no, actualy it is very comfortable. i have never riden a comercial, but the whole reason i wanted one was comfort. regular bikes over several miles are uncomfortable at best.

Link Copied to Clipboard