This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#145925 January 19th, 2006 at 10:38 PM
Merme, everything sounds as if it is coming together for you.So unrealistic of government bodies to decide things like this.. I am sure they are not fighting to obtain the necessities for themselves that you are. Good luck and keep fighting.. Go Merme GO
muggs clp

#145926 January 20th, 2006 at 06:11 AM
Well, my friends came today. He packed up the front porch, including all my gardening stuff and cleaned it very well to boot. She helped me go through ALL the last of the clothes.

Three MORE bags to donate -- and I've already donated so many clothes! Another bag or two of trash.

We got the most FRAGILE of my wall art packed. I wouldn't let anyone touch it for the longest time because I'm so paranoid of those professionally framed heavy pieces getting broken. But we got them padded up well and in a special box and set it safely aside as that is one box that is definitely going to the new place in a car.

So now I am down to about 8 small boxes of miscellaneous that I need to sort.

After this, the only packing left is the daily stuff.

It is looking bare in here and sorta dreary. But if everything goes well with housing, there will only be 9 more days to be here.

I am hoping to take a second load to the storage place this weekend and also tackle the remaining miscellany.

Merme

#145927 January 20th, 2006 at 06:19 AM
Merme, You sound tired. Rest well and everything willget done. Look how much is done already? Take care of yourself and Maxi.
~Tina

#145928 January 20th, 2006 at 06:23 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Merme,
Man, I think I need your cleaning/moving team
to come over here and help with a garage sale..
Whewwwwwwww....

You're still in my nightly prayers Merme,
*Maxi too* for a swift, speedy and safe move...*

Question, have you told us whether or not there's an area for you or Maxi to garden with at your new place????

#145929 January 20th, 2006 at 07:32 AM
Weezie, we will be gardening on our large front porch. And, I'm thinking of letting Maxi put some of his vegetables in the ground at his dad's girlfriend's mother's house as she has some plots she didn't use last year...

Merme

#145930 January 20th, 2006 at 07:48 AM
Hi Merme - glad things are moving along for you, and that your friends are being extra careful with your treasures.

Did you remember a long while ago we had a thread about growing cherry tomatoes upside down in a hanging container - the 5-10 gallon size or so? Many people use thoroughly cleaned out cat litter containers because of the size...
This would be a possibility for Maxi to have some veggies right there at your place.
If you'd like the instructions I can dig them out for you.

#145931 January 20th, 2006 at 07:59 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
If you need to rest Merme.....give me another call and we can visit for another hour or 2!! My goodness girl the time just flew didn't it? You have so much accomplished already, take your time and be careful ok?

#145932 January 20th, 2006 at 10:51 AM
LYNNE! I would love those directions for the hanging upside down cherry tomatoes!

Papito has also shared some very clever container ideas in the Gardening W/ Disabilities forum I hope to adapt for us so we can do a few things.

He will miss his giant stand of sunflowers, though, unless i can find a kind landowner to let him plant them up. Sunflowers are Maxi's symbolic flower and we would both be sorry not to have any this year.

And yes, Fernie, I will call you again sometime 'coz you are also worlds of fun on the phone. Not to mention the peaceful gift of your lovely voice...

Merme

#145933 January 20th, 2006 at 10:54 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
What about a potful of the dwarf sunflowers? Duh

#145934 January 20th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
We have never tried the dwarf. Now I will have to look them up to see how tall they get. Oh! Wouldn't Maxi just adore that?

Merme

#145935 January 20th, 2006 at 10:57 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I had dwarfs last year...there was "teddy bear" in the name...they were really shaggy blooms, about 2 1/2 feet tall.

#145936 January 20th, 2006 at 11:05 AM
Merme - I'll PM you a link - don't want to risk posting it here...

#145937 January 20th, 2006 at 11:19 AM
Sarah ~ Were you able to harvest the heads to feed the birds come winter?

Lynne ~ Thanks for the link! What a cool idea! And I'm guessing my pal the chef has restaurant 5 gallon buckets with lids intact! I'll ask him tomorrow when he comes over.

Merme

#145938 January 23rd, 2006 at 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
merme... how's it going?

#145939 January 23rd, 2006 at 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Merme, I didn't forget about your package....I just figured it would be easier to send it to your new address when you get moved in. I'm in the same situation with V...have a package for her but I guess I should wait and send it to her new house address.....

I can't wait to see your porch this summer all spruced up with beautiful plants and flowers.

#145940 January 25th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
flw UPDATE! flw

I got a call from housing this afternoon... the apt has FINALLY been approved in terms of them accepting the financial package, thanks to my Rep's office advocacy!

What remains is them scheduling the mandatory inspection before I can move in. Because it is new construct, I know it will pass muster without a hitch. Unfortunately, the regular full-time inspector is out gravely ill and so the other office staff are covering for him, along with doing their usual work. This is likely to cause some delay. I'm praying hard that it doesn't!

I have an appointment with the realtor to sign the lease and give him the money and get the keys. But I do not have the money YET.

The only day I can move realistically before our out date is this coming Saturday. The movers will do the move, but I will need friends on hand to set things up and begin at least the basic unpacking. My friends all work during the week, so it has to be a Saturday.

So Housing really can't delay the inspection and I'm so praying something works out financially!

We are getting down to the wire here and I'm feeling wiped out.

OH AND TO EVERYONE I SENT A PM WITH MY NEW ADDRESS! I MADE A MISTAKE!

THE CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS 51.

PLEASE CHANGE YOUR RECORDS. Sorry about that!

Merme

#145941 January 25th, 2006 at 04:01 AM
merme, I am so glad to hear that SOMETHING happened today. I hope that the finanaces all fall into place as well!!! Will be praying to that end.

#145942 January 25th, 2006 at 06:04 AM
I just spoke with my priest and he told me he can handle the cost of the movers out of his Discretionary Fund -- a fund the church maintains for him to use to help people at his discretion and/or to protect their privacy.

I've also made a few calls on the other financial needs looming by Friday. Please pray!

Merme

#145943 January 25th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
You're still in my prayers Merme...

It won't be long now...
You'll be havin' a Hot Red rose Tea,
in your new kitchen all snug and cozy
and you'll be looking back on these days..
Just hang in there... kissies thumbup

#145944 January 26th, 2006 at 01:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
still praying... please pm me your new address/phone information...

#145945 January 26th, 2006 at 03:33 AM
Merme, glad some of the finances are taken care of. now for everything else to fall into place. Still praying for you.

#145946 January 26th, 2006 at 04:15 AM
I'm sorry I haven't been on much lately, my friends, but things have been rather difficult around here. What is that old Jerry Garcia song about the wild, strange trip or something like that?

To continue the saga...

I got a call from our Rep's office saying that they'd gotten wind that the local Housing office BACKED OUT of the deal at the last minute! So our Rep's advocate called the State Housing office and asked "are you aware of this the local housing office is doing?" They were not aware... and they called the local Housing and got into a major huddle about me.

Hours later, I got a call from the local Housing and was told they finally, and really truly, no backing out this time are agreeing to let me have the unit under their "medical exemption" guidelines! AND also, they would waive the mandatory inspection which would delay the move for more than a week!

However, to put this exemption through, they need forms from my doctor stating why I need an accessible unit and also a form signed by me. She faxed it to the doctor's office and asked me to call them to let the secretary have a heads up that the form was coming and it needed to be returned ASAP.

I called the doctor's office and spoke with the manager. It is a HUGE practice and the fax machines run constantly in the fax room. Documents are just stacked according to doctor's names. Understanding the seriousness of the situation, the manager decided to go to the fax room, dig out the form and hand carry it to the doc for his signature!

THEN I realized any form mailed to me this afternoon wouldn't even arrive at my place before 4 PM on Friday and I'm supposed to be signing the lease at noon!

So a friend agreed to let housing fax her the form for my signature so she can bring it over tonight and fax it back to them in the morning!

Ay-yi-yi timing is so much of this deal, it is giving me fits!

Then, last night, the woman who had originally backed out of helping with the finances, agreed to donate the security deposit. She's sending it from CT and I need to have it by noon on Friday. She was going to send it Western Union, but that is so pricey, I contacted her back to just do a wire transfer right into my account. Her bank will charge a fee but it won't be as big as Western Unions!

Then the people I've been paying to help me pack on Thursdays cancelled. They said they were tired of it and someone else should finish up as they had planned to do tomorrow.

That about made me nuts. The majority of my friends work 9 to 5 type jobs. The reason I hired these two is because they do not work and are available to do it, and also because they could use the cash.

So now I'm supposed to suggest that people who have already done so much WITHOUT pay take a day off work to do more?

So then they said "well, we are sick with some sort of flu, bug, virus, something, anything."

Yes, I am very familiar with that -- it is called The I Don't Wanna Disease!!

Then, I just had a call from a woman who has always been close to me but in recent years has obviously been suffering from some sort of advancing mental difficulty from aging. She caused me much trouble the last time I moved, so all my friends have been saying Don't Let HER help!

I knew today's call was going to be some sort of offer I was going to have to refuse creatively. So when she first got started, I simply said "Would you please make a big pot of your delicious soup and bring it to the new place because everyone is going to be cold and starved by lunchtime?"

Well, she was THRILLED at the suggestion and went on to offer fixings for sandwiches, a Box of Joe and a bunch of donuts.

THAT will be a big help to all the people working, will give her something truly useful to do AND keep her away from decision making - such as throwing away all my house plants like she did the last time!

I'm telling you, though, the stress is taking it's toll on me. I had such a bad headache today and that is SO unlike me! Now *insert barfing graemlin here* and the headache is a bit better and I'm calmer but yipes!

Would somebody please tell me the kid and I WILL survive this mess and once we are in the new place next weekend (coz it WILL happen) we'll all feel much better?

Merme

#145947 January 26th, 2006 at 04:58 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Merme kissies Referr back to my last post... </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by weezie13:
<strong> You're still in my prayers Merme...

It won't be long now...
Just hang in there... kissies kissies

#145948 January 26th, 2006 at 05:00 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
Originally posted by weezie13:
Merme kissies Referr back to my last post... </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by weezie13:
<strong> You're still in my prayers Merme...

It won't be long now...
Just hang in there... kissies kissies
Ditto from me!!!!!

#145949 January 26th, 2006 at 05:10 AM
Merme - you and Maxi are going to be so snuggly safe and warm in your new home before you turn around! These last days will fly by, and you will be so tired by the end of them, that you won't remember a thing! laugh That's a GOOD THING!

Wishing you a smooth move and peace in your new place! kissies

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard