This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14583 September 20th, 2004 at 01:17 PM
OP Offline
About a foot from one of my rose bushes, I have another rose growing. Is this just a sucker that I need to remove or can I transplant it and have another rose bush? I know that roses for the most part are grafted to other roots, etc.. It is already a foot tall, and leafing out nicely.

Also, how much shock will a rose bush go thru when transplanted? Is there a procedure for transplanting roses vs. any other plant??? Duh

#14584 September 20th, 2004 at 03:35 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
That's happened to some of the roses that were here already when we bought the house. I would sure transplant it instead of just cutting it off. If you just remove it like a sucker and clip it off all the way to the ground, it's still gonna come back there anyway. So, you have nothing to lose by transplanting it!

I've just taken the shovel and cut down between the original bush and the sucker, then scooped it out, keeping as much dirt as possible around it, and had another hole waiting to set it into. Most of the time when I do this I end up with a bush that grows red roses, but a few times gotten pink ones.

Cindy

#14585 September 21st, 2004 at 02:08 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Cindy,

I will do just that and see what kind of rose I get.

Link Copied to Clipboard