This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#144892 March 27th, 2006 at 01:01 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone ~

Here are the photos Melcon took yesterday for us.

[Linked Image]

This is our front porch. The sliders go into the living room and the front door is to their left. You can't see the door from the street because it is perpendicular to the front wall. The big windows to the right of the sliders are to my room.

[Linked Image]

This is an inside view looking toward the sliders and front entrance. On the left of the photo you can see the back of the fan/sun visor being illuminated by the monitor.

[Linked Image]

Another picture from a similar angle. That white table leg in the left corner is the leg of our computer desk.

Merme

#144893 March 27th, 2006 at 01:03 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
The colors of these photos aren't true colors. I think maybe because the room was dimly lit for evening. The curtains are a MUCH lighter color blue with a deep blue ribbon embroidery of daisy flowers. And the big plant to the right of the blue chair is a wandering jew.

Merme

#144894 March 27th, 2006 at 01:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Merme, that looks like such a nice place to live...I love the big windows & the porch will look so great with plants out there...it's nice and big. thumbup

I'm so glad that you got some pictures to share...it's great to be able to actually see where you live! grinnnn

Thanks Mel for taking the pics! muggs

#144895 March 27th, 2006 at 01:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could tell that was a wandering jew!!!! I love them. thumbup

The curtains are nice Merme!! I'm a curtain person myself...probably because my mom is a curtain-a-holic...it's rubbing off on me. I'm not big on bare windows, or blinds. I love the warmth that curtains add to a room. smile

#144896 March 27th, 2006 at 01:08 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Here is where Melcon tried to get a photo of the fan/sun visor from the front. Notice what is on the computer screen?!

[Linked Image]

From the kitchen looking into the living room across the credenza. Our love seat is behind the credenza at an angle to the corner.

[Linked Image]

This is a closeup of the fountain in the middle of the credenza.

Merme

#144897 March 27th, 2006 at 01:10 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

If your back is to the credenza and the living room, you are facing the laundry niche across the dinette table. The refrigerator is immediately to the right of the niche.

Merme

#144898 March 27th, 2006 at 01:10 AM
Yes, the colors are off, I guess I'll have to get better ones in the daylight if you like. Even last night it was much brighter than the pics let on, maybe because I had put that foyer light on behind it????? My camera is actually a camcorder so it's not really made for quality stills. I still think it looks nice, though!

#144899 March 27th, 2006 at 01:13 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
On the living room wall above Maxi's keyboard, opposite of where the computer desk is, hangs my favorite photo of Maxi ever taken. Here are two views of it. He was 2.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And yes, that really is Maxi. At the time I said "Everybody needs and on'ry little angel in their lives, and he is mine!"

Merme

#144900 March 27th, 2006 at 01:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the lamp next to your computer....I have a few similar to that!

And I LOVE that credenza...it's so nice Merme! thumbup

I just love seeing these pictures....I love seeing the inside of peoples homes. It really gives you an insight on their personality I think.

#144901 March 27th, 2006 at 01:18 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
In the big basket on the credenza next to the fountain is a philodendron. Or is it rhododendron? I always get those two names mixed up! Which ever name it is, it is a big healthy specimen that enjoys the lower light.

Merme

#144902 March 27th, 2006 at 01:20 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Melcon, this place is so bright during the day even without lights on, I'm wondering if taking pictures would be better then? As you can see, I do not have brilliant lights in the rooms for nighttime use. What do you think?

Merme

#144903 March 27th, 2006 at 01:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philodendron! thumbup It looks great...I have a few of them myself.

What a sweet picture of Maxi.

#144904 March 27th, 2006 at 01:24 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by loz:
Philodendron! thumbup It looks great...I have a few of them myself.

What a sweet picture of Maxi.
Thanks loz!

I ought to write a plant tag and stick it in the basket now that you've straightened out my mix up of those two plants!!

Yup, Maxi was an adorable angel that day.

Still is, most days. Most days.

Merme

#144905 March 27th, 2006 at 01:24 AM
kissies

#144906 March 27th, 2006 at 01:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a wonderful little *nest* you have created Merme!! I love it! kissies

#144907 March 27th, 2006 at 01:35 AM
Looks like you're pretty well settled in there!

Can't wait to see what the porch looks like with all your flowers and plants this summer. thumbup

#144908 March 27th, 2006 at 01:38 AM
Merme.. I Love your front porch!!...,Any plans to put up a porch swing??
The Picture of Maxi is absolutely huggable how sweet!!
I'm with Loz I love the credenza too!!
HMMMMMM and the site on the computer screen is juuust right! Perfect! thumbup laugh laugh laugh flw flw

#144909 March 27th, 2006 at 01:41 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Your place looks really cozy Merme...glad you are settling right in..looks like a really nice home for you & Maxi, I am so proud for you both.

~V~

#144910 March 27th, 2006 at 01:42 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
We aren't planning on a swing, but on a table with two chairs so we still have room for Maxi's vegetables, my flowers, and a fountain. Also, I'm hestitant about a swing because the roof above is actually the neighbors deck. Not sure about addition weight load for that.

And uh, Mel... we forgot to move my prosthesis! It is standing there where I left it right by the wandering jew! I TOLD you I didn't want any photos of me! *insert row of laughing graemlins here* (my graemlins keep running off to play elsewhere!)

Merme

#144911 March 27th, 2006 at 01:45 AM
laugh laugh laugh I didn't even notice that!

If you get things squared away with freecycle you should post a wanted:small outdoor table w/two chairs, I see people giving that very thing away all the time! thumbup

#144912 March 27th, 2006 at 03:08 AM
Merme,
I love your new place- just like I imagined it would be- and I bet it is light with all those windows... I love the light too.
Can't wait till you have your porch done up too with your garden and table and chairs... will look so nice..
Nana

#144913 March 27th, 2006 at 03:35 AM
Merme, I love it all. Now I have a place to picture you as we communicate and share here. You had said it was a 'new' building and I was mentally picturing some of the California 'ugly' Things they are tossing up all over here. But your building is designed quite lovely. Congrats!
And you've done such homey things with the interior.

#144914 March 27th, 2006 at 05:51 AM
Merme, that looks like a wonderful place. All that light, and a porch, too! I hope you can set up a wonderful little living space on that porch!

#144915 March 27th, 2006 at 07:06 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
The pictures are difficult because you can't really get a "feel" for how light and spacious it really is, or how well laidout. It is compact in terms of square feet, but all the inches work together correctly. That wide sweep of light-toned hardwood floor catching the sunlight lifts the room from the bottom, which is something a photo can't really show.

I want you guys to particularly notice the pale red rocking chair in the kitchen. That is Maxi's wooden rocker and it is quite comfortable. When I think of having any of you here, I think of you sitting in that rocker near the table and the credenza and just whiling away the hours with me, talking, eating, dreaming. That is a particularly good seat for dreaming contented dreams.

We are very content here; very content.

Merme

#144916 March 27th, 2006 at 07:15 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
The other things you can't really see in the photos of the plant stand in front of the sliders which are very apparent when you are in the room are the two sun-catchers/windchimes sent to me by Lynne and Afgrey. Lynne's of the stained glass irises is on the left hanging on the baker's rack, and afgrey's hummingbird with the glass beads is hanging on the right. They are so pretty! And you can't see Maxi's parakeets inside the cage, either, colorful Buttons and Ties.

Merme

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard