This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#144585 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:04 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Okay, so you all know that I don't know a soul here in our "new" homestead..so I couldn't WAIT to share what happened today!
Lonoke puts out a little newspaper once a week...we usually are faithful to pick one up every Thursday..but didn't get this week's paper till today.
So hub is sitting there reading the papaer and all the sudden I thought he was going to fall out of his chair...he started hollering .."you are NOT going to believe this..."
So when I finally got it out of him...he was right!
As I have shared, Dayne, my youngest son that we lost in 1999 was a SUPER football althlete..from the time he started playing in Jr High all through High school the team never lost a single game..and went to the state playoffs. The funny deal was, when Dayne's group went from Jr. High to High school...they promoted his coach to head High school coach so he had the same coach for all the years he played. (I hope this is making sense) Coach Jones & Dayne were very close...in 1999, the first game of the season was the Friday after Dayne's funeral. The entire football team was honorary pall barrers at his funeral. Well...they lost that first game and Coach made a lengthy statement of apology in the paper stating that the team had been traumatized by Dayne's death and he and the team were just having a difficult time "dealing" with it...it was a precious article. Coach hung in that year and then left the school and took a position in another town...I lost contact with him complety.
Well, the NEWS today is that OUR Coach Jones has accepted the position as head coach for ...are you ready...YEP..the Lonoke Jack Rabbits.. thumbup How UNBELIEVABLY COOL IS THAT???
SO...bright & early Monday morning...I will be tracking down my DEAR friend who shared the biggest part of Dayne's life with him...I am SOOOOO elated (and shocked)
So what do you think about THAT???? thumbup

~V~

#144586 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:12 PM
That is lovely, 'Nessa, just lovely!

Merme

#144587 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:14 PM
Oh my goodness Vanessa, I am crying here. That is God's hand once again at work in your life. You really are where you are supposed to be!

#144588 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:16 PM
I think the Lord moves in mysterious ways and just brought an important person back into your life at just the right time.

#144589 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:18 PM
That is cool, Vanessa. You have a friend in town and someone else looking out for you as well. Believe it.
~Tina

#144590 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:28 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather...I am STILL in shock...but I will find him this week. I DO NOT believe it is coinsidence..at all!
Even as bad as Peanut has been the past week...I have had 3 very happy days (in a row even) That article just was the icing on the cake!

Guess what? I will be able to fix him dinner and bake for the team just as I did when Dayne was playing ball!!!

I HAVE A KITCHEN NOW...(well almost) grinnnn

~V~

#144591 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:33 PM
Oh vanessa, there you go making me cry again. I KNOW how much doing that meant to you and to know you will be the team mom again has to be something to look forward to!

#144592 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:34 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Vanessa, that is just awesome! I'm so glad to see your life is on an upward path. flw

#144593 January 22nd, 2006 at 01:40 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Guess what? I will be able to fix him dinner and bake for the team just as I did when Dayne was playing ball!!!
Oh, Vanessa.....I don't even know what to say.
It just seems so right.

#144594 January 22nd, 2006 at 10:47 PM
Vanessa - you are in the right place at the right time! I bet this is the SWEETEST icing you have ever tasted - I'm so very excited for you all!

#144595 January 22nd, 2006 at 10:55 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
When Dayne was playing ball..the football boys brought me a new duffle bag like they use to pack all of their pads in for away games...I don't know if you have seen one but they are HUGE..I could actually get in one....
Well..they brought it to me as the "official snack bag"...when they would go on away games, I would make 50 or 60 sandwiches..all different kinds of hoaggies, hot dogs, and dagwood type sandwiches. Then I would do about 5 different snack cakes, cookies & all around munchies items. The bag would be packed so full you couldn't have put a piece of paper in there. It ALWAYS came back empty!!! Ready to be filled again.
When I got my edible photo for the bakery the first thing I did was a picture of the team on a HUGE cake ...they LOVED it...then I had to start doing pics of the opposing teams and it was a standing joke that they would have them "for lunch"....it was so much fun! I had a lot of groceries invested in that team!!! There is nothing as satisfying as watching a bunch of boys pig out!!!I would GLADLY do it again!

~V~

#144596 January 22nd, 2006 at 11:40 PM
Sounds like fun. I know Patrick is not gonna play, but I get the "feeling" the 3 lil ones will. My life will be quite busy then!

#144597 January 23rd, 2006 at 12:03 AM
Vanessa - no WONDER you miss having a nice sized kitchen!!! I can't imagine cooking so much for soooooo many - I bet it did your heart good to see the bag come back empty!

#144598 January 23rd, 2006 at 04:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is truly wonderful news...and yes isn't it funny how things like this happen? thumbup

#144599 January 23rd, 2006 at 04:25 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Vanessa, kissies kissies angell angell

Pla~eeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzze keep us posted!!!

#144600 January 23rd, 2006 at 11:44 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Oh..I will Weezie..I have been walking on air all week~end!!!

AND..I had another VERY NEAT thing happen today! My sis called and she is giving me the China that my Brother got as a wedding gift when he got married. My brother passed when I was 17....so because my sis was married she got the China. She said that now that I have room and a happy new house she wants me to take it....I have never owned a piece of China in my life..this is a VERY expensive spring~ish floral pattern that of course they don't make anymore...HOW NEAT IS THAT....

Uh...but NO ....the football boys will NOT be eating off the China.......gotta draw the line somewhere!!!!

~V~

#144601 January 23rd, 2006 at 12:02 PM
What a nice sister and a nice gift, 'Nessa. I'm very happy for you all around.
~Tina

#144602 January 23rd, 2006 at 12:03 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Vanessa, that is sooo cool!

I got my first set this year, and I love it to death...I hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours, as I do out of mine.

One point of advise...use it. For the little things, not just one meal a year. thumbup

#144603 January 23rd, 2006 at 01:28 PM
Good advice Sarah. I was telling Vanessa, if I had dishes as pretty as that, I would be using them all the time. Hers are adorable!

#144604 January 23rd, 2006 at 09:53 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
One point of advise...use it. For the little things, not just one meal a year.
Oh, I will Sarah...I am not much of one to "save" stuff..I like to get it out and play!
I'll post a pic when I get in this afternoon!

~V~

Link Copied to Clipboard