This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#144122 January 6th, 2006 at 11:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a picture of a YOUNG Carolina Chickadee that flew into my neighbors window. He is holding it in his had to try to revive it. It did wake up eventually and flew off...Hopefully, lesson learned..."NEVER fly into a window again Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark"

[Linked Image]

#144123 January 7th, 2006 at 06:04 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
Birds are notorious for doing that, The very FIRST Yellow-Billed Cuckoo was one that crashed into my window as I typed on the computer and killed itself just minutes before I was going to go birdwatching for the express purpose of seeing a Yellow-Billed Cuckoo. I saw two more (alive) that same day. I also had one calling behind my house last year.

#144124 January 7th, 2006 at 10:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have a picture of a yellow billed Cukoo??

#144125 January 8th, 2006 at 12:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carolina Chickadee Information:

Range: Permanent residents everywhere in the Southeast, except Florida and above 4,000 feet in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Habitat: Mixed hardwood woodlots. They nest in natural wood cavities, old unoccupied woodpecker nest cavities, fence posts, and sometimes will nest in metal pipes in your yard if they are off the ground (such as a hollow clothes line pole). House measurements...4" x 4" x 8" with a 1 1/8" hole, cut 2" below the top, mounted 5 to 15 feet off the ground on poles or in trees. If you put hair in your yard the chickadees will use it in their nests.

Food and plants that will attract Carolina Chickadees to your yard: Moths and Caterpillars, seeds and small berries, will come to feeders for sunflower seeds, thistle seeds, suet. plants: Holly, dogwood, blueberry, thistle.

Link Copied to Clipboard