This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143845 February 22nd, 2006 at 01:32 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, so my kid has a few fascinating collections. One of his all time favorites is his collection of angels, which I admit, is an unusual collection for a little boy, but there you go.

I usually shop for new angels at Christmas so a couple of years ago I was delighted when some of the ladies at church used those plug-in bathroom nightlights to make pretty little angels. I bought him one at the church's Mistletoe Fair that year.

Wow, I was really disappointed to discover on Christmas morning that our bathroom outlet at the old place was in the wall the wrong way, so when we plugged his angel in, she was sideways rather than upright!

I said "Maxi, let's look around for another outlet for her!" and he said "No, Mommy, I like her there!"

So, for all this time he had a crooked angel watching over him in the bathroom. I always thought she looked a little crazy or maybe drunk; but he thought she looked like she was flying.

Then her bulb blew out and I packed her carefully for the move, wondering if the bulb could be replaced and what direction the outlet had been installed in the new bathroom?

Last week while I was admonishing my son about his need to adhere to the new rules we established for life in the new place, I managed to get his bathroom angel relit and installed. All nice and upright.

So I told him "See? In the new place, even your angel has to 'Straighten Up And Fly Right!'"

laugh laugh laugh

He rolled his eyes. He is used to his Mama taking advantage of all opportunities to make Parental Public Service Announcements. Even corny ones.

Sounded likely to me at the time!

Duh shocked Duh

Merme

#143846 February 22nd, 2006 at 01:56 AM
LOL!
Straighten up and Fly right was my Mom's favorte thing to say to us....... I have been known to use it too - ocassionally- usually getting and eye roll too- or a

Whaaaaaaaaat??????????????????
Nana

#143847 February 22nd, 2006 at 02:11 AM
I like that one Merme. Hope he settles down for you really soon. Sounds like he is really testing his limits these days.

#143848 February 22nd, 2006 at 02:27 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Too funny. Hopefully now every time he sees the angel, he will think about your words...

#143849 February 22nd, 2006 at 02:48 AM
Hi Merme,
here's hoping that he listens to the words, now i know what to tell my kids next time they mis-behave.
penny

#143850 February 22nd, 2006 at 06:28 AM
hi merme!!!! remember dizzialee-do-doll?

Link Copied to Clipboard