This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#142596 February 5th, 2006 at 12:49 AM
OP Offline
but this has got me thinking. We live in a house that was built in 1928 and was empty for 2 years before we moved in. A single, "wierd", man lived her the last. (that's what we were told) He kept goats inside, sold pecans to make a living, and pretty much kept to himself. Since moving in I've always had a sense that something else was here. Occasionally I sense that I see a form or a shadow moving, just letting me get a glimps. I didn't mention it until my husband did. He has noticed the same thing. I have or should I say had a piggy bank that my brother in law gave me before he and my sister married 30 years ago. It was just a little piggy but I've always kept it. It was sitting on a table in the bedroom where my husband was watching TV and it flew off the table last night and broke. Just about scared us out of our wits. The table is up against a wall and the piggy was at the back of the table. We didn't feel any type of tremor that would have jiggled it to the edge to fall off. It hit the floor and broke into a hundred pieces. Maybe we've angered the spirits????? [Linked Image]

#142597 February 5th, 2006 at 01:00 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I do...
We have a an old house, and I can feel someone here, I always make sure I tell them how much I enjoy the home, and how I can understand so very much that they wouldn't want to go...

We find things moved or missing around here..
*I'm pressed for time, but I will tell you about the HELMET story when I come back and the paper cutter story too*

I always tell them they are welcome here, and thanks for the laughs, *mine do funky things, but
I tell them I enjoyed it* and things seem to be okay...

#142598 February 5th, 2006 at 01:37 AM
Hey, Sheri! wavey How are you feeling now? Did you ever get over that horrible time you went through?

I believe in ghosts and things that go bump in the night. I have had lots of experiences with them.

My aunt is in the process of getting her certification to be a paranormal investigator. Some of the things that she is studying is very interesting.

Sounds like you have some poltergeist activity going on if there was not some kind of earth shaking or settling going on...

Dianna

#142599 February 5th, 2006 at 02:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a good topic for Gmom!!!! She investigates this sort of stuff.... smile

My dad saw a ghost in the house across the street that I grew up in. And he is the ultimate skeptic. Now he believes, but only because he saw it with his own eyes....he's the sort that needs proof.

That would've scared the heck out of me Sheri.

#142600 February 5th, 2006 at 04:23 AM
I do believe in ghosts, I do, I do, I do!
After my grandmother died, it was me and my dad living in her old house, my grandfather had built it in the late 50s early 60s. She was the only one that died in that house. One of the last nights we were there (before the new owner moved in) I was online in her old room. I kept going to and from the kitchen (I can't remember why) or walking by to go to the bathroom. Every time I went in/by the light was on. My dad was in bed (I could hear him snorring) and the first couple times I figured I must have left it on. Then I started to make a conscious effort to turn it off and remember the I HAD TURNED IT OFF. This continued, the light was on every time I went in/by the kitchen. I went to bed to hide ( sca sca )
There had been times over the years (before my grammy died) that I would see cloudy blobs here and there and would smell sulfur like smells. My aunt, who had lived there when my grammy was alive said she had the same experiences. As far as I know nothing bad ever happened with the
ghost(s) but I was sure freaked out!
sca eek sca

#142601 February 5th, 2006 at 04:52 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
My husband rides a motorcycle and has a big black helmet... well he went to get it one day, and it wasn't where he always hung it... and we both thought it was weird, but chucked it up to the madness and mayhem in the house and went looking to see where he'd couldn't left it, it was not to be found... we thought it was awefully odddd.. that one couldn't find a big, black heavy helmet..
*the only thought we could think of is he'd left it on the front porch and someone saw it unattended and 5~fingered it..*

He ended up buying a newer one and that was the end of that we thought...

Well, almost a full year later, my husband's sister called up and wanted to barrow a paper cutter I'd had and she asked if I knew right where it was, and I said as a matter of fact I do, it's in the hall closet like thing we have, and it's right on the side, on the floor by the wall, whyyyyy???
She wanted to barrow it and was already :rolleyes: on her way, and wanted me to find it before she got there..**oh yeah, I love my s~i~l...* :rolleyes:
**Now to get you a little more firmilar with this closet, I put my vacuum in it, I had Christmas presents and wrapping paper, knick~knacks of assorted holidays, gifts, etc in there.. so I was in and out of it constantly...
I opened the door, and smack dab~right in the middle of that darn closet, do you know what was sitting there in a brown box, almost as big as the helmet, squished into the box, was THE HELMET!! perpl nutz RIGHT IN PLAIN SITE, RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM, UNBELIEVABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLE...

To this day, we both have no idea how or why it was there..

But guess what was missing?????

THE PAPER CUTTER!!! laugh laugh

So like I think he took the helmet to see what our reactions would be, and when he didn't get much of one... he found another way or occasion
to see if he could "GET US" to react...
Well, we can only laugh now..
but I think he knows we have good sense's of humor and can't really get us.. and has basically co~habitated.. once in awhile it'll be like a feeling of, "AREN'T YOU GOING TO BEDDDDDDDDDDDDD"
and I accomindate him and let them have a wee~bit o' time alone...

******We call him Grampa Smith****
and when we have a thing or two missing, I tell my husband to calm down and tell "Grampa Smith we enjoyed his sense of humor" or "We'd like it back in our life time Grampa" and we'll usually find it, 9 times out of 10..

#142602 February 5th, 2006 at 05:18 AM
Weezie, I'm glad to know you have a nice, mischievous spirit living with you. Thinga like that happen to me all the time, but I know it's my own scatter-brained-ness and not a ghosty.
grinnnn

#142603 February 5th, 2006 at 09:53 AM
OP Offline
Weezie, did you ever find the paper cutter?

All I know is that it gives new meaning to the phrase "when pigs fly." [Linked Image]

#142604 February 5th, 2006 at 09:58 AM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

#142605 February 5th, 2006 at 10:45 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
NO....
I guess I need someone to come over and try
to barrow something again, and see if that comes up missing.... :rolleyes: wink laugh

#142606 February 6th, 2006 at 11:34 AM
OH I've had experiences too.. One day when I was living in Ks. I was going to go up stairs to bed my daughter was at the top of the stairs asking me a ? but before I could answer her I felt a distinct tap tap tap on my left shoulder I turned around to see who was there(thinking it was my other daughter) NOONE there! I looked up and saw BOTH my daughters at the top of the stairs ,, Girl I skipped those steps 3 at a time!! believe me an elevator couldn't have gotten me at the top faster!! My D's said the look on my face scared them half too death because of course they didn't understand why I looked like that OR why I flew up the stairs when I told them they both said they thought something had touched their hair from time to time but didn't want to say anything for fear of noone believing them,
Another time I had gone from UPstairs to the middle floor (Carrying a basket of laundry and $40.oo. a pack of ciggs and a bic lighter ), I stopped at the dinning room table to put the $'s, cigg's and lighter on the table, and proceeded to the basement to start a load of laundry , after which I was going to the store to get stuff for the week-end.. NOONE was home, just me.. When I went back to the table NO money, ciggs or lighter.. at first I thought WELLLLL maybe I didn't stop and put them here,, so I quickly went to the washer and pulled everything back out NO $,cigg, and Lighter... Never did find it ARRRGH, I told who ever or whatever it was (outloud) Thats Not funny!! That all I had untill payday now put it back,, Well that got ignored.. even when I moved here to TX years later when I was packing I still kept My eyes peeled for the money and money had a way of disappearing at that house especially coins quarters, nickels, and dimes,, not pennies,, we were always finding pennies but never silver coins,

I did see a figure kinda' shadowy , I'd fallen asleep on the couch and woke to the feeling of someone near me I opened my eyes ( position of couch was such that I could see thru the diningroom into a small part of the Kitchen)and saw a figure in the corner of the kitchen Tall manly cowboy hat,and a long cloak of sort that kinda resembled that worn of the Marlboro Man. I turned the light on and it vanished I turned the light off and there it was only standing in a different position,, I ran up stairs and got in bed with one of my daughter eeeek that couch stayed in KS,,Since Ive been here in TX nothing has taken place WHEWW!!! Soo I believe and noone can convince me otherwise..
eek

#142607 February 6th, 2006 at 01:53 PM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
The house we live in is only 20 years old and we have things fly around all the time and hear loud invisible noises in the middle of the air.

#142608 February 7th, 2006 at 05:36 AM
AngelBlossom, It's too bad that you can't get in touch with the current (or previous) owners to find out if anything strange has/had happened with them.
gab

#142609 February 8th, 2006 at 10:09 AM
Becky B I did ask previous owners but they bought the property for a rental then sold to me 5 years later but they said come to think of it we did have 2 renters move out w/out notice..LOL.
The neighbor of the House in KS is still there and I visit her when ever I go home and she's familiar with the current owner I'll ask her to ask the person living there now,, it would be very interesting to see if there still is activity there sca crit

#142610 February 8th, 2006 at 06:10 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Thornius what is your house built over? I have been told if a house is built over an old Indian burial ground you will have spirits in and around your home. Also heard this about grave yards in general and where you are could well have been built over where some Union or Confederate Solders where killed and buried. Did you think of that?
Jimmy

#142611 February 9th, 2006 at 12:00 AM
i believe in ghosts and some people think you are "nuts" when you tell them that, but we lived in a house growing up where the owner years before committed suicide and we had strange occurrences happening, stuff moved, doors shut when you know you left them open(and no windows open to shut them)lights on in a room and then its off, he hung himself in the basement and we would never go down there at night alone. we always felt like we were being watched, like you were never alone in the room when you knew you were. we were lucky that nothing violent happened, but it sure put a damper on sleep overs when you were a kid!!!!!
Penny

#142612 February 9th, 2006 at 12:13 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I had one one time, of a place I worked,
and the guy was shot behind the counter and
*I had only heard the story, but no other details
or even who, I know it was the owner of the place, but was never given a name or face/picture*
and this one night I was closing up and was wiping stuff down, and I was alone..
and as I was wiping, something caught my eye, something red and plaid and turned to the left, real quick to see, and saw an older gentleman sitting there in one of the chairs... turned back, and went back to wiping and then thought to myself, what the f### sca , and when I swung my head back, there was no one sitting there...
and I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up.......... and let me tell you I'm not scared by much, but that sent chivers up my spine...

a bunch of weeks later I was telling it to one of the regulars that came in and said, jokingly it was probably "so~n~so" and I said who's that..and they said the guy who got shot and killed here,
and I was like, yeah, right... and I discribed him.. and that guy drove home and came back with a picture of a guy *he had a plaid shirt too, by the way* and it was the same guy, or should I say,
very much the same similarities...
I was quite taken aback by it... lala

#142613 February 9th, 2006 at 12:23 AM
the more you read the more you realize that there are ghosts everywhere, its quite scarey actaully sca i agree when you talk to them, they tend to settle down a bit dont they....

shk Penny

#142614 February 9th, 2006 at 12:35 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
i agree when you talk to them, they tend to settle down a bit dont they....
I do.....

Only cause it's the only way to calm me down...

#142615 February 9th, 2006 at 12:38 AM
wink maybe thats it....
like i said though, it sure spoiled sleep over's as a kid when word got out that you had a ghost in your house, no one wanted to stay Duh cant understand why laugh laugh

Penny

#142616 February 10th, 2006 at 09:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have another Ghost hunt planned at a home where a child committed suicide. The residents have alot of activity and we hope to get some good pictures and evps thumbup

I got permission to leave a tape recorder,when the residents were gone, at the house we already investigated . On the tape you can hear doors being shut,a prolonged tapping and what sounds like a ball being bounced on the floor thumbup

Hopefully i'll get some good pics to share with ya'll on the new investigation.

#142617 February 10th, 2006 at 09:20 PM
Please do G-mom you are brave sca I don't think I could do anything like what you do.

I have heard people's stories, I believe anything like that. But I have never seen a ghost myself.
I went to see a clairvoyant once. She told me I had the gift, but you don't know how to use it. sca sca

#142618 February 10th, 2006 at 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love what I do and don't fear the spirits. Most of the time they are benign and can't do anything to harm you. The last time I was at the first property we investigated,I had something lay an arm across my lower back. It wasn't pushy,just wanted to let me know they were there. Everyone in the group agrees that the spirits seem attracted to me as I'm the only one to get positive evps. They also seem attracted to my son,Alex,as they appear to "group" around him on investigations.

I've been tested and have shown strong abilities in precognition and clairvoyance. I dreamed of floods the week before the tidal waves. I also showed ability in retrocognition,just not as strong. You can develop any ability you might have with meditation.

#142619 February 10th, 2006 at 09:38 PM
So how old is Alex G-mom?
I take it Alex is young? I have heard children have the ability just before puberty. Correct me if I'm wrong. Or have I been watching too many movies. laugh laugh

#142620 February 10th, 2006 at 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alex is 15. Since his birth I have gotten many pics of him with mist concentrated around him. All children have the ability to see things we cannot. It's a simple extension of their innocence. We are trained by society not to believe in imaginary friends,the "thing" in the closet,etc. Both of my kids have been raised to believe that there is more to this life than you can see with your eyes. As a result they are still open to "otherwordly" beliefs thumbup

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard