This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142152 February 4th, 2006 at 10:34 AM
OP Offline
Well because I'm rarely ill I thought I just had a simple cold so I continued like I usually do always on the go, there's always something to be done If not I find something, been on this diet for 8 months, haven't had a vacation in 2 years , work a lot of overtime,had job burnout & just generally always on the move.. That simple cold turned in to Pneumonia, then really BAADD headaches, after getting out of the hospital I went back 3 days later because the headaches.. was to me unsurmountable and fever was back soo they tested me for spinal mennigitis, That was no walk in the park THANK GOD it was neg..
End result..pneumonia combined with> total exhaustion, dieting, not resting enough, and side effect of meds, The doctor changed out meds, I no longer need breathing treatment,and he gave a steriod shot, fever is gone and hasn't came back, I'm working as of yesterday for 4 hours( I tried that last week But I couldn't take the plaster dust in the air and the acrylic grindings even with a mask on so I went home after 2 hours) I'm going to work 4 hours next week and proceed from there(ran out of sick time I HAVE to work now).
I'm feeling SOO much better tho I still feel tired and my back has a dull ache in it (Probably from laying down and resting for once Duh

Hugs to all for your prayers angell

Diane

#142153 February 4th, 2006 at 11:13 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Angelblossom...I hope you are 100% better very soon.
I'm glad you didn't have spinal meningitis...my brother had that when he was just a baby...he almost died.

Good to see you...and will be praying for you!

Cindy

#142154 February 4th, 2006 at 11:29 AM
Hi Diane wavey

So nice to see you back!! I really wish you didn't need to work so hard. I'm not going to tell you to slow down because it sounds like you know that and I bet you hear it all the time!

So happy to hear about your flowers. What a nice gift to come home too and sounds like you have a great husband to help you out.

Looking forward to reading your posts again!

BTW..you didn't loose that singing voice did ya? wink

Christina kissies

#142155 February 4th, 2006 at 11:41 AM
hi there angelblossom! glad to hear that you're doing well! they say a little hard work never hurt anybody but sometimes ya just need to slow down though! hope you have a full recovery soon!

#142156 February 4th, 2006 at 11:41 AM
OP Offline
I'm glad you didn't have spinal meningitis...my brother had that when he was just a baby...he almost died
Me Too Cindy!! That was a blessing! Thankyou Prayer never stop working wonders

BTW..you didn't loose that singing voice did ya? >> Heck No Christina I've been singing the Blues ever since I was in the Hospital and HAD to be still for two days!! laugh laugh kissies

Thanks!!! Hey it doesn't look like to much has been going on with the first abc storygame everyone give up on it??

Hugs for ya,

Di

#142157 February 4th, 2006 at 11:46 AM
Hey it doesn't look like to much has been going on with the first abc storygame everyone give up on it??
LOL! That's funny. That's when I noticed you weren't around...I hadn't seen you in the game room. I guess you need to pick up the slack... wink See..everyone has their place here. thumbup

#142158 February 4th, 2006 at 12:04 PM
OP Offline
Miss Jamie Thats true ! My DH lets me know the recliner is calling my name .. if he see me up just wondering around . idea I let him know he needs to think about that chair when he's working too hard as well!! :rolleyes:
cool

#142159 February 4th, 2006 at 01:54 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Diane I am glad to see you on and posting. Thank you for the PM's and E-Mails so I could try and keep everyone up to date. Yes you need to slow down and so does your DH before he gets sick.
Glad your back. If there is anything I can do to help ya'll just give me a shout you have my phone number.
Jimmy

#142160 February 5th, 2006 at 07:18 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Diane.
I am glad to hear you're doing better,
I know exactly what you're going thru...
I was down with it, just before Christmas..
Had this cold, what I thought, that just wouldn't go away... mine was only walking pneumonia,
but still, and to make matters' worse, just before Christmas, didn't get much accomplished around here, it was a pretty "down" Christmas..
But I just couldn't do much..
(then after Christmas, I came down with the Chicken Pox)

I am glad to see you are learning to slow down,
You must take it easy and rest up...
Somethings have to get done and others... DON'T!!!
So, rest up in that ole comfy recliner, get your slippers on when you can and be good to yourself... kissies

#142161 February 5th, 2006 at 05:48 PM
I am glad to hear you're feeling better! Get best soon! kissies

#142162 February 6th, 2006 at 07:19 AM
Diane, I am so glad you are back and feeling better. Hope your health continues to improve! You were greatly missed while you were gone.

#142163 February 6th, 2006 at 08:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so glad you are better... hang in there...

#142164 February 6th, 2006 at 10:23 AM
OP Offline
Thanks all. .. kissies I'm going to work tomarrow a friend of mine told me when I wear a surgical mask to moisten it and it will prevent the dust particles from going thru better, sooo I'll give it a shot , working only 4 hours a day this week But Weezie I DO have my slippers on now kissies and hugs to all

Diane

#142165 February 7th, 2006 at 08:43 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by angelblossom:
<strong> But Weezie I DO have my slippers on now kissies angell

So, don't over do it at work and be good to yourself...

Link Copied to Clipboard