This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#141020 January 13th, 2006 at 07:44 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I was in the truck going down the road was listening to waldon& johnson show(great show)they were discussing the mouse someone caught on fire and then it ran from a leaf pile into the house catching house on fire.
At the time I found it quiet funny.Anyone catch where that happened?

#141021 January 13th, 2006 at 07:51 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Originally posted by njoynit:
I was in the truck going down the road was listening to waldon& johnson show(great show)they were discussing the mouse someone caught on fire and then it ran from a leaf pile into the house catching house on fire.
At the time I found it quiet funny.Anyone catch where that happened?
Sounds like something that would happen at Cindy Lou's house! Doesn't it??? laugh

#141022 January 13th, 2006 at 08:06 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
NjoyNit hate to say this happened last week in my home town of Fort Sumner N.M. Was on Cnn Monday my sister said it did really happen. Last time this place made news is when the Navajo,Apache and Hope as well as some otheres were planning to dedicate the long walk trails from thier lands to the Bosque Redondo where Kit Carson force marched them in the late 1800's.
Also Billy the kid was shot near here .
Jimmy

#141023 January 13th, 2006 at 08:08 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I caught a mouse on fire once (in the toaster) and it ran down behind the cabinets. Man, I didn't even think about it burning the house down! shk

#141024 January 13th, 2006 at 09:19 AM
Copied from a web news page...

FORT SUMNER, N.M. (AP) — A mouse got its revenge against a homeowner who tried to dispose of it in a pile of burning leaves. The blazing creature ran back to the man's house and set it on fire.

Luciano Mares, 81, of Fort Sumner said he caught the mouse inside his house and wanted to get rid of it.

"I had some leaves burning outside, so I threw it in the fire, and the mouse was on fire and ran back at the house," Mares said from a motel room Saturday.

Village Fire Chief Juan Chavez said the burning mouse ran to just beneath a window, and the flames spread up from there and throughout the house.

No was hurt inside, but the home and everything in it was destroyed.

Unseasonably dry and windy conditions have charred more than 53,000 acres and destroyed 10 homes in southeastern New Mexico in recent weeks.

"I've seen numerous house fires," village Fire Department Capt. Jim Lyssy said, "but nothing as unique as this one."

#141025 January 13th, 2006 at 10:16 AM
What I want to know is, how's the mouse? Duh laugh

#141026 January 13th, 2006 at 12:40 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
What I want to know is, how's the mouse?
Warm...toastie warm.... laugh

I fried a mouse on the electric light ignition of my dryer...it just "happened" to be running across it when I started the dryer....talk about stink...SHEWWWWW~IIIEEEE...the Sears man got a real kick out of it though....he just shook his head and aske "what are the chances of a mouse being right on that ignition when you turned the dryer on?"

uh....obviously HIS chances were pretty good!

~V~

#141027 January 13th, 2006 at 11:11 PM
M
M
I saw that in our local paper . Bummer !
A few years ago a neighbor decided to burn a brush pile . It was a very windy day and we were on the down side of the wind . The leaves and grass were very dry . The fire came charging down the hill towards us . I called the fire dept. , then headed out to fight it before it could get to our buildings . I had racked a fireguard , but a chipmunk was in the path of the fire . It caught on fire and ran across the opening into leaves on our yard side catching them on fire .
I don't know what happened to the chipmunk , but we did keep the fire from our buildings .
That was in March , and for the rest of the year we had a large band of blackened woods out front . I called it "the brown belt" !

Link Copied to Clipboard