This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140748 March 5th, 2006 at 08:37 PM
OP Offline
Dog digging holes?

Stop your dog from digging that "dogone" hole by putting Cayenne pepper in the hole. Gives them a weird feeling in their tootsies. He won't be digging that hole anymore.

Flea's hate Salt!!

Besides protecting your dog house with a sprinkling of salt, try washing your pet with salt water. That is sure to kill those pesky fleas! Add some salt to your vacuum bag and vacuum often. This will kill the fleas that are trapped in the bag. Don't forget to vacuum the couches and chairs.

#140749 March 6th, 2006 at 02:44 PM
Dawn Dishwashing liquid kills fleas fast!!!

#140750 March 6th, 2006 at 03:23 PM
Interesting tips! I'm wondering if salt water (and Dawn) wouldn't irritate their skin. Duh (Princess, I know I sure wouldn't want to use salt if I knew my dog had a hot spot somewhere... but it would be a "sure-fire" way to find out, huh?!) shk

I don't have a dog anymore... my daughter's cat would probably torture it, because she thinks she's a (BIG) dog, & isn't even nice to other cats! Before she came to visit (& hasn't left yet!) we had a little Yorkie, & he had very sensitive skin. I think I would have been very reluctant to use salt water OR Dawn on him, but I've heard some amazing things about the things Dawn does that no other dishwashing liquid can... I wouldn't be surprised if it was gentle enough to use as dog shampoo!

I like the salt in the vacuum bag idea... I'll assume that a flea is a flea, & that would work for cat fleas as well(?) [Linked Image]

I feel more like I do now than I did before I ever felt this way
Funny, D-Bill! laugh laugh

#140751 March 6th, 2006 at 10:23 PM
"I wouldn't be surprised if it was gentle enough to use as dog shampoo!"

Has anyone seen that commercial where they wash a duck with Dawn detergent?

#140752 May 12th, 2006 at 06:54 AM
P
P
Here's another tip to keep your dog from digging in the same spot:
Put some dog poop in the hole and cover it up!
My neighbor's yard and mine have a dividing fence and BOTH our dogs were trying to dig to get to each other. A little dog-doo did the trick!
Ok... so it isn't the most pleasant sounding solution, but it works! And as long as you keep feeding your dog (LOL!)you'll have a neverending supply of this natural repellent!

Link Copied to Clipboard