This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13937 June 4th, 2004 at 04:50 PM
OP Offline
Heya all, I've just bought a Venus Fly Trap from my local gardening centre, and I have noticed that on the picture the insides of the traps are bright red. Mine and very very green or very pale red. Why is this, is it bad for the plant and, if so, what can I do?

Thankyou! *BumbleBee*

PS: Are you all American? I'm English laugh

#13938 June 4th, 2004 at 06:44 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
hi bumblebee! Welcome to the forum :)I live in the US, but i'm from New Zealand ^.^ nice to meetcha!

Your flytraps are a bright green to dull red on the inside of the traps because they're basically indoor plants. The ones you see in photographs are out in the sun all day and get pleanty of light. If you give your flytrap pleanty of light, it'll eventually grow a red pigment inside the traps. Well supposidly lol. Mine's in a terarrium with full sunlap on it half of the day, and its still bright green :p

Hope that helped ya out!

Link Copied to Clipboard