This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#138954 January 12th, 2006 at 10:33 PM
Wizzard Offline OP
OP Offline
hehe, what kind of music do you/your plants like? any avid music listeners out there? favorite kinds of music?
i have loved music from an early age, my "favorite" is constantly changing. i apreciate all kinds of music. although i like some a bit better than others. for the past 6-8 months i have been stuck on irish/celtic music. my current favorite band would have to be great big sea or the chieftans. my plant like it also thumbup clp

so what about everyone else?

#138955 January 13th, 2006 at 12:01 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I have music blasting all day...everything from Judas Priest to David Allen Coe! laugh

Cricket turned me on to the most beautiful song awhile back...Gaelic Morn (Celtic Destiny). It is so beautiful! Sometimes when I'm out driving I listen to it over and over...

#138956 March 29th, 2006 at 06:39 AM
Great topic - I just had to dig it up. smile

My plants prefer Metallica, Green Day & Good Charlotte. I'm trying to get them turned onto Skid Row, but no luck so far. Believe it or not, but I just lost my mean ole cat that swore by Bach & Joplin (he always wanted me to play that on the piano for him) *shrug*

#138957 March 29th, 2006 at 09:11 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I have over 2,000 songs on my computer. I Love Classical especially the Baroque Period, Rock especially Jethro Tull, The Beatles, King Crimson, and Soundgarden, ANY Salsa or Latino music and Celtic.

#138958 March 29th, 2006 at 11:20 PM
I spend so much time with kids that when I am home I enjoy listening to the sound of silence - very soothing and relaxing and since my plants live with me that's what they listen to as well.

#138959 March 31st, 2006 at 09:35 PM
Ohh Lovin that metallica,Alice in chains,megadeath,Ozzy,All the heavy stuff I am sure it will toughen up those little seedlings I have growing!! also love classical music but not while I am gardening. thumbup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ooo, I love music...I have hundreds and hundreds of CD's..... thumbup

I like all the current stuff...mostly R&B, and *gasps* Rap.... laugh I also like most pop music--Beyonce, Gwen Stefani, J Lo, Kelly Clarkson....I love dancing around the house, so anything with a good beat!

When I was younger mom hated my rap, and so we compromised for a while on a Christian rap group I found out about.

But I like a lot of other stuff too----Greenday, Nirvana, and I love Buddy Holly!!!! I could listen to him all day...I have a few of his greatest hits CD's.....Early in the Mornin' is my fav. song of his.

Yes, I've outed myself...I like the dreaded rap stuff.....Mark hates it so bad! laugh

My fav music is old school R&B Harold Melvin and the bluenotes, Chi-lites , stylistics, Earth, Wind & Fire,Luther Vandross Tina Marie, Prince etc, For highyway riding I really enjoy Jazz , Boney James,Stanley clark, Etc When I'm By myself But when the Grandkids are with me they Like Gospel and they really BLOW!! The More upbeat the better and I Have my hands in the air waving like I just don't care too!! laugh laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone help me! I can't quit listening to Shakira's Hips Don't Lie song.....AGHHHHHHHHHH..........I've been singing it all day so I came home and played the video from yahoo....may as well give in to it....I've listened to it 5 times in a row now....

I love it, but at the same time it's driving me nutz

laugh

I go through my moods.country willie,johnny cash,dwight youkum,Trick pony,Tanya tucker,Kentucky head hunters,rock,classic.I also like Yowie Malmsteem. Accept,judas Priest,Ozzy,Nirvana,Green day,Korn,Audioslave,Def tones,GreenJelly(3 lil piggys...my FAVORITE song..cereal killer albulm)Godsmack...I bet my neighbors even know the lyrics by now& can tell the diferance in albulms.Stevei Ray Vaughn,BB king,The cotton kings,Janis Joplin,Led zepplin,Deep purple,kid rock,U2,John Melloncamp,Ted nugget,Jethro Tull,INXS,Rod Stewart,Madonna,MobyDire straits,blues travler band.If its classical I like piano& violin stuff.

you ought to see the new sub woofers hubby bought!they are 1000 watts and will replace the 600 watt ones i've bought shot(they don't crank like they use too,but will soon!)
[Linked Image]

#138964 August 3rd, 2006 at 12:48 AM
I listen to tons of opera (italian and cantonese) and classical music, mostly romantic and classic periods

#138965 August 3rd, 2006 at 04:17 AM
My plants love evrything from Disturbed to Thin Lizzy, AC/DC Nickleback,flyleaf..to BB.King and Nina Simone..... wink

#138966 August 5th, 2006 at 10:24 AM
I Love all kinds of music and I go thru my moods. Currently I have been blaring Lynard Skynard and my Angeleaf Begonia must love it, because I swear it has grown at least 6" in the past 2 weeks. I listen to country, pop, R&B, and I'm a die-hard Rocker at heart, Love Ozzy Osbourne, I even named my dog after him!!

Link Copied to Clipboard