This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#137484 July 27th, 2006 at 04:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious.....

Mine happened on Xmas day of 1998. On Xmas eve I found the ring box all wrapped up and I was sure it was an engagement ring....after Mark went to bed I had Mom and Allison shake it....they kept telling me not to get my hopes up.

Xmas Morning I saved it for last and when I opened it Mark froze up. His face turned red and I was looking at it saying how pretty it was. Finally mom said, well is it an engagement ring? I didn't want to say yes in case I was somehow wrong. Mark got a nod out and that was it. Later he told me he was so nervous he couldn't talk--that he barely slept all night. laugh

After he nodded yes, mom said well lets have a drink and celebrate...It was only 9:30 in the morning. laugh In her excitement she forgot it was so early.

So I didn't have a big fancy proposal and now I pick on him about it....but it was still really special to me. I'll never forget his face turning beet red and everyone looking from me to him. laugh That entire day it felt like I was walking on the clouds. I couldn't stop looking at it and thinking about the fact that we were going to get married! grinnnn

Loz...That is sweet...

I was only 18 and to be honest he just said,Ang let's tie the knot. I was not sure if he meant around my neck or marriage... laugh
Not very romantic,but our wedding was simply yet very nice. still no honeymoon:-( and it will be 23 years next month. well we did have a night at the hotel in the bridal suite...lol I think that is where my son came to be shocked
Still hoping for a honeymoon...

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
How did you get proposed to
Which time? laugh

I think I have blocked them all out of my memory. nutz laugh

laugh laugh

That is great Loz.

I do not recall vividly Dan asking me to marry him. I think it was our 2nd date, but it was not a major event but rather more of a confirmation of what we both already knew before we even met.

He would probably tell the story differently cuz he remembers every detail but I just remember it as a given.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> How did you get proposed to
Which time? laugh

I think I have blocked them all out of my memory. thumbup

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Originally posted by loz:
Cindy! laugh laugh thumbup
OK...my favorite one was when I told John I was pregnant, and he said "Oh, crap! We're gonna have to get married now!" shk

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
You asked for it! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Oh my goodness Cindy! laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
You asked for it! laugh laugh laugh
Yes I did, I should've known better huh? laugh p laugh

We went to see a funny movie, I think it was Ace Ventura pet detective. He was odd all night long and quiet he never once laughed during the movie. We had dinner he said I need to talk to you about something, I said ok. He stood up felt his pockets and sat back down and said forget it. I was like ok what is his deal. We drove home in silence. Then when we pulled in ot his grandparents drive way I said "Ok what is your problem, your being a jerk you didn't talk to me at dinner and have been weird all might long. If you want to break up with me just do it but don't be an idiot in the process."

He looked horrified and said no no , here. He had asked me to marry him 2 times before, both times I had said no, we haven't known each other long enough yet and we are young. He gave me the ring still at the second proposal. As he said here and handed me the second ring, he said you can even open this box until you say yes. I said yes of course and almost 12 years later here we are! We were 18 at proposa, and 19 at the wedding. Talk about young. He first proposed 2 weeks after he met me. At Graduation.

I forgot to add he had left the ring in the glove box which is why when he said we need to talk at the restaurant he changed his mind when he realized he had left ring in the glove box. lol

That is a great one Karrie!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is great, I agree! thumbup

I forgot to add I was 23 when we got married and this year will be 7 years married....9 years together on Aug. 30th. thumbup

Cool Karrie...This is a neat topic Loz

This is the best part of our whole wedding. We had a very simple wedding. It cost like 600 reception dress and all. Well his mother paid for us to have a 1 night honeymoon in a hotel down town. Well when we got there the appologized and said that the honey moon suite was unexpectedly under construction someone had crashed their car through the building. Well fine who cares we just said any room is fine we went to our room there on the dresser was a basket with fruit and wine in it said congrats newly weds. It was placed lovely on the dresser between 2 single beds. lol The look on Ricks face was priceless. He wouldn't even come in to the room. He just stood in the hall with the suitcase, saying what were they thinking, I ain't gonna push those beds together. lol I had to go down to the front desk and ask them what they were thinking all along Rick stands in the hall way mad as I have ever seen him. The were like oops but couldn't find us another room. We went home.

frown awwww

Oh dear, I think I would have been pretty upset too!

I have been with Brad for almost 18 years and did everything backwards, and about 5 years ago we just decided that we should "finally" do it, we never hid the fact from the kids that we were not married and they were talking about how much fun it would be to go to mom and dad's wedding, so i just took it from there and we went to the justice of the peace and did it...to be honest..i think the girls were more excited about it then we were.
Nothing fancy and simple...the way i wanted it.
And after the ceremony we went and played pool in our fancy clothes and had hot wings with champagne laugh

Doug proposed to me with a Keystone Light in one hand and a bag of garbage in the other. He knelt down and said "wanna get hitched?" laugh laugh This August will be 3 years! cool We went to a justice of the peace and went home and did tequilla shots! thumbup nutz laugh laugh

Sounds just like mine and i wouldnt have changed it for anything!

It didn't all happen on one day like that post sounded...we had to wait for my divorce to be final. I was divorced less than 2 hours when Doug and I were married! laugh laugh It took that long to get the witnesses and get from the courthouse in SC to the one in NC!

laugh laugh Thats funny...but you are happy and thats all that matters...even if they do drive us nuts some days!!

A-M-E-N! thumbup muggs they have their days, but I still love him! cool

Well Me and Keith knew we would both be married before we even met each other(we met on the net)
we had talked for 6 months.. and continued to grow closer..We did very traditional..Dated the first year got engaged...
He did it in the middle of a reastaurant in front of EVERYONE!!!.The whole gettine down on the knee and everything..My face was so red..Ohh I kept telling him stand up stand up.. Ohhh god I was sooo embarrassed!! But cute none the less..
Then a year after we got married very traditional(am I kidding Myself) 5 second wedding and a 5 hour Party..We walked to Stevie Nicks Leather and lace our first dance Nothing else Matters (Metallica)Ohh yeah I forgot Tylind and I also had a dance Sweet Child O mine Guns and roses.. ohhh we had one Hell of a great time!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard