This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#137263 January 19th, 2006 at 08:08 AM
Amber J Offline OP
OP Offline
I am at work, but not for much longer. I am making t-shirt transfers, which I've done before, but I can't remember how to flip it in Word!! Does anyone know??

You know, how you're supposed to make a "mirror" image since you iron it on? How do you do it in MS Word??????

#137264 January 19th, 2006 at 08:41 AM
Select the AutoShape, picture, clip art, or WordArt that you want to flip.
On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, point to Rotate or Flip, and then click Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical .

#137265 January 19th, 2006 at 02:09 PM
Amber J Offline OP
OP Offline
PCGrav -

Thank you so much for the reply! It didn't work though eek

As it turns out, that only works for pictures, not text. GAH!

I had to bring my work home and do everything on my own printer! Oh well, maybe this means that I'll get some new ink purchased for me now! clp

#137266 January 19th, 2006 at 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amber, how did your T-shirt transfers turn out? I've never done them before but have a couple that are ready for printing and ironing. Is the actual ironing transfer as tempermental as the instructions seem to suggest? Any potential problems or tips helpful to know in advance are appreciated!

#137267 January 20th, 2006 at 12:16 AM
Amber J Offline OP
OP Offline
I have the Invent-It brand, which are wonderful but unfortunately discontinued. You might still be able to find them on eBay.

TAKE IT FROM ME!! Use high-quality Tees. Walgreens had em 5 for $10 here, but in order to save less than a buck, I went to Wal-Mart and bought Hanes undershirts. They came out HORRIBLY! I wasted my boss' money. You can't even tell what the pictures are. The shirts are too thin I think. Definitely worth the extra dollar frown

#137268 January 21st, 2006 at 06:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the tip, Amber. I already have the Tees (good quality, heavy 100% cotton) and the transfers - Xerox, which is the only brand I could find. And I have the images done in Photoshop (well, they're done if I can leave them alone - bit of a perfectionist shocked ). Now all that remains to actually IRON the transfers onto the shirts! The images I'm transfering are quite complex (one is a photo, the other a photo integrated into a relatively simpler design) and I'm concerned about colors and details transferring true.
Of course, I should quit worrying and just DO IT! After all, the worst that happens is I ruin the t-shirts and have to start over, right?! :rolleyes: Did I mention being a perfectionist? laugh

#137269 January 21st, 2006 at 06:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Walgreens had em 5 for $10 here, but in order to save less than a buck, I went to Wal-Mart and bought Hanes undershirts
shk At those prices, why am I still living in Canada! lala Yikes, I paid nearly $20 for 3!

#137270 January 21st, 2006 at 11:38 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
My one suggestion about iron ons is to let it cool in place do not peek at the transfer. I did that and ruined one of a bengal tiger and cub. Not good.

Link Copied to Clipboard