This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#136686 January 21st, 2006 at 11:30 AM
OP Offline
Christina, I have inner ear problems where I get very dizzy. I was out of commission for 8 days 2 years ago due to dizzyness. I had to have help getting out of bed. If I can get the doctor to give me an antibiotic it will get better more quickly, but that time he kept saying he didn't see any fluid and refused to write me a prescription. When another doctor did, I got better. Now when I first feel dizzy, I go to my NEW doctor, get Amoxicillin, and it doesn't get out of control.

Weezie, do you plant grape tomatoes in your garden? We did for the first time last year and it was wonderful.

#136687 January 21st, 2006 at 11:32 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
The reason I'm asking is because I suffer from severe tinnitus..some days it's debilitating.
I have that toooooooo, mostly in my right ear..

Mine was, I believe, a combination of things..
Loud music over years and years.. shocked
and my ear getting zinged a few times, while
stocking coolers, and glass would hit each other and cause a deafening whack or clank...
and I had that repeatedly, and it would just about
deafen me with the klink... over 20 years..

It also can be a sign of too much aspirin,
certain medications or a tumor in your head....

#136688 January 21st, 2006 at 11:38 AM
OP Offline
I'm going to make my grocery list for tomorrow. I'm going to have to take my lunch to work so I've got to get the stuff to fix some of those vegan recipies. Thank you for all the info.

#136689 January 21st, 2006 at 11:39 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Weezie, do you plant grape tomatoes in your garden? We did for the first time last year and it was wonderful.
I have volunteer cherry tomatoes sprout all
the time...
I pick them as I walk by and have handfuls in my hand, every chance I get...
***only thing is, it's almost sadistic...
planting something in the spring...
and cannot wait for something to produce
at the end of summer... eek eek eek

#136690 January 21st, 2006 at 11:41 AM
OP Offline
Mine don't volunteer. How'd ya do that Duh

#136691 January 21st, 2006 at 11:43 AM
Bestofour..have you ever been tested for Meniere's Disease? I'm sure you have...your symptoms sound very much like it.

#136692 January 21st, 2006 at 11:46 AM
Oh Jeesh...hope you didn't take that as "I'm sure you have it". I meant I'm sure you've been tested.

#136693 January 21st, 2006 at 11:46 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Mine don't volunteer. How'd ya do that
I just lay a tomato on top of the soil...
Let it over winter on top, and then come spring,
it just kinda sprouts..
It'll have 10, 15, 20 plants to a tomato....
I almost consider them weeds, if I leave them..

I always say, every year, I'm not going to leave them... but I just can't help myself..
I just love seeing them grow...

#136694 January 21st, 2006 at 01:58 PM
One thing that might help give you a little more energy Sheri is to get some ensure and drink it daily...Also a B complex vitamin will help alot, take it when you eat so it doesn't upset your tummy. Another suggestion also is go to a health food type store and get some "Barley Juice Powder" there are many different ones on the market and all of them are good. Use it daily. It contains anti-viral properties, It it is a great booster for the immune system, it also normalizes metabolism & neutralizes heavy metals in the body. It also helps lower cholesterol while purifying the blood...plus a whole lot more, please consider trying this, I don't think you will be sorry.

#136695 January 22nd, 2006 at 03:48 AM
OP Offline
Christina, I wondered a long time ago if I had Meniere's Disease but I don't. Good thought though.

Weezie, I didn't get my garden cleaned up this year. Do you think my tomatoes will do the same thing? That would be great.

Comfrey, next time I go t the GNC store I'll see if they have Barley Juice Powder. I may not be able to find it here. I found out today that the Harris Teeter here doesn't have soy cheese. My cholesterol is very good though. I actually don't have health problems. No diabetes, high blood pressure or anything like that. I got sick with a virus after having scar revision surgery, and got dehydrated. Then I got all kinds of respiratory crap and sore throats, and I can't seem to get back on my feet.

Anyway, today for breakfast I had oatmeal (not the instant kind) with a little bit of honey and OJ. For lunch I had a salad with avacado, tofu, tomatoes and Balsalmic Vinagrette. The vinagrete had sulfites as the last ingredient so I'm sure it's not on a vegan diet but a girls gotta eat. I washed it all down with an ice cold Pepsi. I'm tapering off on that.

#136696 January 22nd, 2006 at 04:06 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Sounds like a good lunch!

Pepsi's hard to give up, isn't it? I've tried several times, but it never lasts long for me. :rolleyes:

#136697 January 22nd, 2006 at 04:25 AM
R
R
Up until about 3 months ago I had been a vegetarian for a couple of years. I noticed that when I ate meat my side hurt like the dickins through to my back as if I still had my gallbladder! The next day then diarrhea and cramping.

This pain happened even if the meat was very lean. I had tests done and no one could figure out the problem. All I knew was no meat = no pain!

One day I was really craving chicken and I tried some of Panera Bread's free range chicken and guess what no pain!

I am eating fish and free range chicken now. I tried a bit of buffalo burger and no pain, I guess they are free range too.

We think it is the antibiotics and hormones given to the animals that caused me all the pain and trouble. I am super sensitive to antibiotics and down right allergic to others.

I am even eating free range eggs. The regular eggs caused a me a bit of trouble, just the pain, hubby found the free range for me. I can eat as many as I want now!! Bring on the deviled eggs!!!

#136698 January 22nd, 2006 at 04:28 AM
Bestofour, Comfrey was right about the B12 vitamin. It is great for the immune system, aiding in red blood cell production and strengthening nerve cells. Though, taking it in the tablet form is almost a waste of time, our bodies rid more than it absorbs. You should ask your doc about getting a B12 shot. I get one once a month, doc would like me to get one weekly but I just don't seem to get into the office often enough.

#136699 January 22nd, 2006 at 04:30 AM
Rue..that is great information!! Ever since I had my gall bladder removed, I just can't stomach meat...I do miss it at times. Perhaps I should look into the free range chickens. I can go without beef or pork but chicken is tough!!

#136700 January 22nd, 2006 at 04:46 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I could eat chicken 8 days a week...
*and for me, growing up on a farm, and having to
pluck chickens, in the freezing fall weather,
and the smell of chicken, bl00d and hot water
still eminates within me when I remember those
torturous years.. *and the chickens running with thier h#@ds off.. mad :p , we didn't let them on purpose, but a few would flapp and get away and run afterwards and it alllllways bothered me..*
(*I don't mean to gross anyone out*)

but I love chicken, we eat it all sorts of different ways..

Boneless~Skinless Chicken on the grill..
with BBQ sause, *Hickory or Hot or both together*,
Butter and Salt, Chivetta's sauce, Robusto's Italian Dressing, and for my mom and dad, they liked any one or any or all combo'd.. of
Mayo, Mustard or Italian dressing, on the chicken,
then dredged in chopped up croutons... and baked.

~~~~~~>Rue,
I noticed that when I ate meat my side hurt like the dickins through to my back as if I still had my gallbladder! The next day then diarrhea and cramping.

This pain happened even if the meat was very lean. I had tests done and no one could figure out the problem. All I knew was no meat = no pain!
I will have to tell my mother that..
She has had a pain in her side, just about half of her life, and they have done test after test after test..did I mention test after test...
and can not find a thing...

~~~~>Sheri,
My sister in law has MS and she swears by
"Colloidal Silver" for colds and killing bacteria and such...
She is a very healthy person, for her condition...
*she doesn't need to or can't afford to get sick,
cause it's a debilatating enough on it's own without anything else to hurt her...*
but she's got my brother on it and he takes it faithfully and swears by it too...

#136701 January 22nd, 2006 at 04:53 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Oooops, almost forgot......
~~~~~>Sheri,
Weezie, I didn't get my garden cleaned up this year. Do you think my tomatoes will do the same thing? That would be great.
How could I forget a question about TOMATOES????? Duh perpl cool gab

I can see where the tomato was, usually, it shrinks into nothingness really, but the skin
is very hard to get rid of...so you can still see that portion...
And I watch that area, and will then see concentrated amounts of green sprouts from there,
come spring time, and the weather starts to warm up a bit...and I'll let them get to be a good size, *I am always behind, so sometimes they even have a second true leaf on them by the time I pull them and replant *if there's a cluster of them, they have to be seperated*
(and I do have them sprout in my compost bin too)

#136702 January 22nd, 2006 at 09:25 AM
OP Offline
My stomach hurts everytime I eat bacon. I've known this a long time but once in a while, for a while it was 2 times a wekk, I ate bacon. Now I've stopped it and my husband mentioned tonight that I haven't said my stomach hurts in a long time. Just the little bit I've done, and as you know I haven't been consistent, has made me feel better. More fruit, more water, less Pepsi, less meat, and just less food in general. Johnny has always told me that I eat as much as a man so now I'm trying to eat right. I will still probably eat as much as a man but it will be more nutritional.

I've heard for years that red meat is terrible if you have arthritis so I'm going to cut it out too. I'm not taking any chances.

#136703 January 22nd, 2006 at 11:20 AM
This may be a silly question...it's just that my boyfriend and I are sitting here discussing whether we could give up dairy or not and he said he'd have a hard time not adding cream to his coffee. Do you take this diet to that extent Bestofour? And is there a subsitute to whiten coffee without using dairy?

#136704 January 22nd, 2006 at 11:40 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I take a B12 injection every month...but there is a B12 sublingual tablet that allows it into your system immediately. I just can't remeber to take it every day....but you might think about checking in to that.

~V~

#136705 January 23rd, 2006 at 03:47 AM
OP Offline
Christina, I just started this and I haven't totally given up anything. I think if I gave up sugar or caffeine all at once I'd fall over dead. I ate some gravy made with cream last night, but dairy is the easiest thing for me to give up so far. I bought some soy milk yesterday that I'm going to use if I have cereal. You could put that in your coffee or non dairy creamers. Soy milk isn't bad after you get used to it. I've always used real butter but I've stopped putting it in my oatmeal. I had no idea that a little bit of butter added such a GOOD taste to oatmeal, but I'm going to learn to do without it. Have I already told you that I went to the library and checked out Marilu Henners book Total Health Makeover? I haven't read it all but it's extremely extreme. She talks about food combing and just glancing I don't think I'm supposed to have oatmeal and orange juice at the same time. I'm going to cut things out for a while and if I feel good I'll keep it out. If I don't notice a change I'll put it back if it's something I really like. Have you tried food combining?

For breakfast today I had oatmeal with honey no butter and OJ. (what else can I drink with oatmeal?) For lunch I fixed salmon patties and used a little white flour (which is a no no according to Marilu) and salad and Pepsi. If you see Marilu, don't tell her about the Pepsi. The shock would probably kill her. [Linked Image]

#136706 January 23rd, 2006 at 03:51 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
If you see Marilu, don't tell her about the Pepsi. The shock would probably kill her.
Ohhh yeahhhhh, I'm running and telling
her right now... p

My son drinks soy milk..
We tried alot of different ones'..
but finally found Silk Milk and he loves the plain or original flavor..and chocolate....

I love love the chocolate..

It's a bit thinner compared to those thick, rich
creamy chocolate milk out on the market, but I like the chocolatey flavor...

#136707 January 23rd, 2006 at 09:58 AM
Originally posted by barleychown:
Pepsi's hard to give up, isn't it?
If someone took my Pepsi...You would see on the Headline News "Women goes crazy.......You can fill in the blanks. LOL I had surgery on my throat about 4-5 years ago, and after the surgery I could no long drink Pepsi...I craved it so bad and I would try to drink some, but it just didn't taste right, Then about a year later I had back surgery, after the surgery they brought me some soft food and a can of Pepsi to drink...I was so thirsty I thought well I'll try it...It tasted great just like I remembered and have been back to drinking it ever since. But I do believe that drinking all of that Pepsi is what caused my throat problem in the first place, So I suppose it is an addiction like anything else...One I do not plan to give up.I think we all have sort of vise or another...Mine is Pepsi.

#136708 January 24th, 2006 at 08:38 AM
OP Offline
Comfrey, if a person has trouble swallowing for any reason, or has esphogeal strictures, or reflux, or indigestion, they say to give up carbonated drinks. I don't know what your throat problem was but guess it's a possibility.

#136709 January 24th, 2006 at 09:44 AM
Hi Bestofour wavey
Quite often I visit the site wholehealthmd.com. Today I noticed they also had some vegan recipes listed. There was only about 50 of them but I scrolled through them and they sound wonderful. I just thought you might want to check it out. The site has many other things that you may find of interest to read.

Christina

#136710 January 25th, 2006 at 08:14 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for the site. I'll do that. It's harder than I thought to give up everything. I had Pepsi again today. And if I eat only fruit at breakfast I'm starving by lunch so I'm back to eating oatmeal with a little honey - no butter. I've got to read again about the food combining. I can't believe I can't have orange juice with my oatmeal. The only other drink that goes with oatmeal is PEPSI!!!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard