This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13515 October 11th, 2003 at 05:48 AM
OP Offline
I bought 2 of these a few eeks ago. The guy said thay are easy to grow and like to be in the dark. I put them in my bathroom which receives no sunlight. The leaves are beginning to turn yellow. HELP!!
Greg Duh :rolleyes:

#13516 October 11th, 2003 at 03:37 PM
Mine has been happy for almost a year sitting on the kitchen counter where it receives indirect light. I read somewhere that they should be planted if you intend to keep them. Planted mine a few months ago and it is gowing more and looking even healthier. Maybe a little potting soil and another location could be your answer. flw

#13517 October 12th, 2003 at 12:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No plants will survive very long in no light. All plants must have at least the equivalent of bright reading light for a minimum of 8 hours per day and that light must be natural, fluourescent or from a plant light.

Lucky bamboo are not actually bamboo. They are Dracaena sanderiana cuttings. Like most cuttings, they need fresh water periodically and they will grow roots in the water. Although they will live for a long time in water, in most cases the new growth weakens considerably after a year or so.
If you want yours to live a long time, it is best to plant them in a small pot of soil before they start to deteriorate.

They do best in bright indirect light and warm temperatures above 60 degrees. A north facing windowsill is ideal or a bathroom near a fluorescent light that is left on for at least 8 hours every day.

#13518 October 26th, 2003 at 05:49 PM
T
T
Originally posted by TheGardenerGuy:
I bought 2 of these a few eeks ago. The guy said thay are easy to grow and like to be in the dark. I put them in my bathroom which receives no sunlight. The leaves are beginning to turn yellow. HELP!!
Greg Duh :rolleyes:
The guy is wrong. Put them in medium light,an east or west bright filtered window is fine.

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard